List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

Liked

Re: Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Worse, cases have now been discovered of a mutation of the virus that has spread to from the mink to humans. It is believed this could affect the race to find an effective vaccine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54833459
    Oh, you not got main message. Worse is: human body does not produce IgG antibodies to this "mink virus". That means it is not possible to make vaccine against this mutation (in article they write calming "the effectiveness of any future vaccine could be affected by the mutation", but pay attention to word "any"), BUT MAIN is: you may be sick by this virus many times case by case, because you will have no immunity (no IgG). And that is very serious. That why Denmark kills all minks in country and isolate 12 persons who are sick with this mutation.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (November 6th, 2020), Khor tose (November 9th, 2020), seenus (November 10th, 2020)

Liked

There goes my mink stole for next autumn-winter collection.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    There goes my mink stole for next autumn-winter collection.
    I’d be more worried about my next autumn-winter vacation.

Liked

Seems that we wil have a vaccine finally. Maybe the one from Pfizer maybe another one. But no doubt we will have something effective and we will be vaccinated by mid-2021.
    The next question is: how will the Thai government react? will they open borders? Under what conditions?

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 12th, 2020), StevieWonders (November 10th, 2020)

Liked

A lot of members here seem to believe a vaccine will solve the Covid crisis.

My mid-term plans (i.e. how to get over this winter somewhere warm and with boys) do not rely on a vaccine. Even if a vaccine was found now, it would take months to do tests and start mass production and distribution and countries to accept the vaccine and change their immigration policies.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (November 13th, 2020)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    A lot of members here seem to believe a vaccine will solve the Covid crisis.

My mid-term plans (i.e. how to get over this winter somewhere warm and with boys) do not rely on a vaccine. Even if a vaccine was found now, it would take months to do tests and start mass production and distribution and countries to accept the vaccine and change their immigration policies.
    Thailand already has a (very short) list of countries whose residents have shortened quarantine requirements (10 days rather than 14). The only “Western” countries on that list are Australia and New Zealand. Clusterfuck areas like Europe or the Americas likely won’t be added for many many months.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

A promising vaccine with a 90% effective rate is in production in the U.S. it will take 2 separate injections over a period of time to be effective however, the production and distribution so far is for U.S. citizens and will take a lot of time to distribute elsewhere, unless other vaccines are available in the west I don’t foresee any meaningful change in Thailand’s Covid policy toward western tourists.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    A promising vaccine with a 90% effective rate is in production in the U.S. it will take 2 separate injections over a period of time to be effective however, the production and distribution so far is for U.S. citizens and will take a lot of time to distribute elsewhere, unless other vaccines are available in the west I don’t foresee any meaningful change in Thailand’s Covid policy toward western tourists.
    Its not only being produced in the U.S. its currently being manufactured in Melbourne Australia 30 million dosses, Puurs Belgium and the UK around 100 million and its expected to be available to the public in the UK sometime in December I think it will be produced in any country that purchased it as shipping is difficult as it needs to be stored at -70c.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
    Its not only being produced in the U.S. its currently being manufactured in Melbourne Australia 30 million dosses, Puurs Belgium and the UK around 100 million and its expected to be available to the public in the UK sometime in December I think it will be produced in any country that purchased it as shipping is difficult as it needs to be stored at -70c.
    Are you able to provide a link to a story about the Pfizer vaccine being manufactured in Melbourne please?

Liked

Are you able to use Google? It is or it isn't. Do you need a link to Google?

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 13th, 2020), goji (November 11th, 2020)