Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thais to get 1st Covid shots by mid-2021

Liked

Thais to get 1st Covid shots by mid-2021

the first (unofficial) hints of the vaccine situation for Thailand - or at least for Thais in Thailand? mid 2021 at the earliest, the AstraZeneca/University of Oxford vaccine produced locally by Siam Bioscience Group in Pathum Thani, no mention of price or availability for different groups - eg us falung "aliens"!

Thais to get 1st Covid shots by mid-2021, Bangkok Post, 25 Nov 2020

fortunately I have a good stock of grains of salt ...

I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Re: Thais to get 1st Covid shots by mid-2021

That one, and the Sputnik vaccinne are supposed to be the cheapest. I think the one you're referencing to will go for ~$4 - $5 USD, but requires two shorts, so I guess ~$10 USD.

What's that? About 300 baht? Should be doable for most Thais. Good news about that one is it only needs to be stored at 2 - 8C, so just a normal firdge will do the trick. Bad thing is, efficacy is still something to be weary about as it doesn't seem like they really know what the efficacy is -- somewhere between 62% and 90%. They say 90% with the correct dosage regiment, but they're not really sure why the 0.5 dose followed by a full dose raises the efficacy so much. Only 3000 people during phase 3 trials were given that half dose followed by full dose regiment, so not exactly a huge sample size, and they don't know why that regiment increases the efficacy to 90% when for example, two full doses only produces ~62% efficacy, so.... things that make you go hmmm....

3. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (November 27th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dunno why its taking soooo long...cant they put all those unemployed gogos (male and female...no discrimination here) to work making then vaccine...all done before Christmas...just in time to celebrate the big guys birthday...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    What's that? About 300 baht? Should be doable for most Thais.
    I would assume the NHSO (the Thai universal healthcare agency) will make the vaccine free for Thais. If they don't, then the very poorest Thais will be the last to be vaccinated which would injure everybody's herd immunity. I've worked with this agency in the past and found them to be socially minded and competent.

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 1st, 2020), catawampuscat (November 27th, 2020), dab69 (November 26th, 2020), Oliver2 (November 26th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marc K View Post
    I would assume the NHSO (the Thai universal healthcare agency) will make the vaccine free for Thais. If they don't, then the very poorest Thais will be the last to be vaccinated which would injure everybody's herd immunity. I've worked with this agency in the past and found them to be socially minded and competent.
    Just sent NHSO TH link to a friend _"mama need surgery 3000bT"

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

The article that the OP sites says Thailand will next year supply 13,000,000 citizens with a 2 dose vaccine that represents about 20% of the Kingdom’s population, what happens to the other 80%?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post

The article that the OP sites says Thailand will next year supply 13,000,000 citizens with a 2 dose vaccine that represents about 20% of the Kingdom’s population, what happens to the other 80%?
    Seeing as 20% of the population are 4 star generals and those golden people we can't talk about, they'll have things pretty well covered. The other 80% are fucked because the money the government has to pay for the peasants vaccines will have vanished.

10. User who gave Like to post:

seenus (December 1st, 2020)