List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

oh lord...what depressing dross...ofcourse I'll be back...and so will the boys...do u really think they wanna be stuck in the rice paddy fields all year...all we need is a vaccine or an effective treatment plan...any day now....

2. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (November 12th, 2020)

Liked

Re: Go-go bars v the apps

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    oh lord...what depressing dross...ofcourse I'll be back...and so will the boys...do u really think they wanna be stuck in the rice paddy fields all year...all we need is a vaccine or an effective treatment plan...any day now....

More like any year now, not including 2020.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

More depressing dross latinwithpox.

Any day now???

Do you honestly think Thailand will be able to agree a vaccine amongst the many being produced? Do you really think they can come up with the right beaurocracy? Do you think they could come up with a credible plan? Haven’t you been watching developments, or rather lack of them?

What planet do you live on?

Don’t answer that!

Liked

oh lord...what depressing dross...of course I'll be back...and so will the boys...do u really think they wanna be stuck in the rice paddy fields all year...all we need is a vaccine or an effective treatment plan...any day now....
    Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    What planet do you live on?
    I've heard it said by other members that the answer to your question is the seventh planet from the Sun. You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

6. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (October 22nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

u coddled guys have no idea...probably the lost dramatic thing that has ever happened in your lives is running out of toilet paper...quick dial 011....the virus will either be tamed by a vaccine or treatment plan or run its natural course and eventually burn out...i can wait another year...no great hardship...

Liked

The operative word here is eventually. The truth is of course that none of us can be sure. When you look at other vaccines (or lack of same) things are not looking too encouraging but yes that could change. But who knows. Must I remind you that we are now living with the incidence of HIV virus for over 40 years? And with the common cold virus for perhaps a few thousand years? So if we get lucky with this nasty one, we can all celebrate with a trip to Sin City!

9. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marc K View Post
    Must I remind you that we are now living with the incidence of HIV virus for over 40 years? And with the common cold virus for perhaps a few thousand years?
    These are not directly comparable.
    1 HIV mutates quickly. And technical capability now is way ahead of 40 years ago.
    2 The common cold is actually caused by many different viruses. Four of which are coronaviruses.
    3 Motivation to develop a vaccine is much higher with Covid, hence it is well funded with many different vaccines under development.

We will probably see two vaccines submitting results to regulators for approval in 2020.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

... i can wait another year...no great hardship ...
    That’s exactly how I feel, latintopxxx. In the normal course of events I would hope to travel out to Thailand in January 2021 and stay for three months. But it has been apparent for several months now that being able to travel to Thailand in the first quarter of 2021 would, for someone from the UK, be highly unlikely. I have therefore set my sights on January 2022.

The good news, according to the following article published in The Guardian is that a vaccine is expected to be available here in the UK by “early next year”. It goes without saying that health service workers will be at the front of the queue, but how will the health authorities decide the basis on which everyone else will be vaccinated?

Perhaps a good indicator might be the way they decide how the flu vaccine is distributed. My slot for getting the flu vaccination this year is different from previous years. It is reasonably early and will take place on November 8th, 2020. The selection process is based on age, those with a health condition, carers and alphabetically based on surname. Whether that is a good indicator of the basis on which they will decide how the Covid-19 vaccine will be distributed is, at the present time, anyone’s guess. If however this method is chosen then there is a modest chance that travelling to Thailand in January 2022 is a realistic expectation. Like most of us, all I can do is wait and see and not fret too much about a likely date for my return.

Are we near to having a vaccine for Covid-19?

Even a once bullish PM is now not so optimistic but there are promising signs of a vaccine on the horizon
    James Tapper
    Sat 17 Oct 2020 21.47 BST Last modified on Sat 17 Oct 2020 22.05 BST

Chair of the Vaccine Taskforce, Kate Bingham, has said there is a ‘slim chance’ a vaccine might arrive by Christmas. In March, Boris Johnson said we would turn the tide in 12 weeks and “send the coronavirus packing” and by May ministers were boasting of having a vaccine by September. Last week the prime minister sounded far less confident, telling MPs that there was still no vaccine for SARS, 18 years after it emerged. A vaccine may not be far away though . . .
    For the full article see: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-for-covid-19
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 22nd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Perhaps a good indicator might be the way they decide how the flu vaccine is distributed. My slot for getting the flu vaccination this year is different from previous years. It is reasonably early and will take place on November 8th, 2020. The selection process is based on age, those with a health condition, carers and alphabetically based on surname. Whether that is a good indicator of the basis on which they will decide how the Covid-19 vaccine will be distributed is, at the present time, anyone’s guess.
    I am staggered there is some form of rationing and it is necessary to have an appointment to get a flu vaccine. In Bangkok I walked into a hospital and got it in ten minutes.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (October 22nd, 2020), Patanawet (October 22nd, 2020)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I've heard it said by other members that the answer to your question is the seventh planet from the Sun. You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.
    Are you perhaps thinking along these lines?
    D40D62DE-3B11-4384-9218-8D26A74867E6.jpeg

17. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 22nd, 2020)