Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call Me by Your Name.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Call Me by Your Name.

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    looks like an east european runaway living on the streets...
    That wasn't the most flattering photo! His androgynous looks have made him something of a sex symbol and pinup(now that's an outdated expression!). He has successfully gone on to play the lead in a number of movies since.

Incidentally in the original book(well worth a read) by Andre Aciman, the impression that I got was that the older man was much older than he is played in the movie.

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/s...-a4020976.html

191011093013-the-king-exlarge-169.jpg

Liked

Isn't he looking cool in that fetching suit?

Since Latin brought to our attention that East European look, I'm kind of fond of the twink Slavs and Magyars in the Gay videos who go about their roles so smoothly and well synchronised and mostly bare-backed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

For fans of Timothée Chalamet he covers the November 2020 issue of GQ magazine and if you can’t wait an interview with photos can be seen by clicking on the following link . . .

The Making (and Remaking) of Timothée Chalamet

He found superstardom and artistic acclaim instantaneously. Now, with unique candor, the actor of a generation reveals what it’s like to come of age in our very upside-down era.

By Daniel Riley
    Photography by Renell Medrano

October 15, 2020
    https://www.gq.com/story/timothee-ch...b-global-en-GB
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Incidentally in the original book(well worth a read) by Andre Aciman, the impression that I got was that the older man was much older than he is played in the movie.
    In the book, the "older man", Oliver, a graduate student was 24 yo. In the movie the actor was about 31 yo.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    In the book, the "older man", Oliver, a graduate student was 24 yo. In the movie the actor was about 31 yo.
    I stand corrected. May have been wishful thinking!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Armando wrote.
    "The "old" man as described by arsenal is a mere 7 years older."

No I didn't. Read it again.
    Have it your way. You wrote older. The implication was considerably older than a mere 7 years.

Liked

Please don't presume to tell me what my implication was. I had just watched the movie. You misquoted me.

Also there is a huge gulf in age/life/ experience between a 17 year old and a 24 year old.

Liked

As I clearly stated, have it your way.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Have it your way. You wrote older. The implication was considerably older than a mere 7 years.
    In the film of the ballet Romeo & Juliet Dame Margot Fonteyn not only was roughly twice the age of Rudolph Nureyev but a multiple older than the age of the character she was portraying, a teenage Juliet. In a very recent version of the life of Catherine the Great Dame Helen Mirren plays the role of a woman half her biological age (my favourite line to her evidently much younger male actor secretary “Do whatever you think will make me happy”. As I recall it’s cunnilingus). Are we really going to focus on the actual age of an actor vs. the age of the character? Timothee Chalamet in The King plays Henry V who was older in life than the actor in the film.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    In the film of the ballet Romeo & Juliet Dame Margot Fonteyn not only was roughly twice the age of Rudolph Nureyev but a multiple older than the age of the character she was portraying, a teenage Juliet. In a very recent version of the life of Catherine the Great Dame Helen Mirren plays the role of a woman half her biological age (my favourite line to her evidently much younger male actor secretary “Do whatever you think will make me happy”. As I recall it’s cunnilingus). Are we really going to focus on the actual age of an actor vs. the age of the character? Timothee Chalamet in The King plays Henry V who was older in life than the actor in the film.
    What on earth has this to do with Armie Hammer then aged 31 playing a man aged 24 or Timothy Chalamet then aged 21 playing an adolescent aged 17?