Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Future of Dongtan Beach

Liked

Re: The Future of Dongtan Beach

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Perhaps that's problem - the whales no longer have the space to beach themselves.
    They no longer have to do that as from current media reports the sea water has been pristine of late.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    They no longer have to do that as from current media reports the sea water has been pristine of late.
    Oh really?

After black, smelly water was found running into the ocean next to Pattaya’s Walking Street, many are still wondering about the Gulf of Thailand’s water quality when swimming after beaches reopened this week.

Just last Monday, black water was seen again flowing into the ocean from a pumping station. The ‘We Love Pattaya’ Facebook page showed the video of the filthy water sparking Pattaya’s Mayor to offer an explanation.

He reportedly said that the dark-colored water wasn’t sewage, but muddy storm runoff, intentionally released into the sea rather than remaining on the streets to flood homes and businesses.

“All wastewater is sent via different pipes to sewage treatment plants.”
    Mmmnnn, Wonder when that sewage plant was built.

https://www.samuitimes.com/pattaya-b...water-quality/

Liked

It would be a pity if the gay Dongtan beach did not revive when tourism opens up. During my regular trips it was part of my routine to sit in one or other of the concessions. I sometimes became friendly with other gay visitors or expats and liked to take my young boyfriends there for a few hours. Over the last few years females, normally Russians have encroached into our space - that did not happen when I first visited Pattaya 20 years ago. Then it was 100% gay farangs plus a good supply of Thai rent boys.

4. User who gave Like to post:

llz (October 22nd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daveuk View Post
    Over the last few years females, normally Russians have encroached into our space - that did not happen when I first visited Pattaya 20 years ago. Then it was 100% gay farangs plus a good supply of Thai rent boys.
    The times they are a-changing. A great deal more has changed in Pattaya in 20 years. The new normal will be nothing like the old past.

6. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (October 22nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've never really associated dongtan beach with sex...its been more of a refugee...a place to while the day away...recharge my balls...doze off...go for the occasional dip...drink beer...cross the street for the odd meal or two...basically relax...

8. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (October 21st, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In the days before Sansuk and when there were few massage places (I can recall Nobody's in Naklua and no other), the only ways to meet a Thai guy were by cruising Royal Garden or by going to the beach and waiting for someone to cruise you. It was quite a scene in the 90s.
    You youngsters are spoilt for choice nowadays, even if the overall number of candidates is well-down.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

,,,number of candidates are NOT down...they have simply moved online...there is a wide choice ...a plethora...of willing and able mbs waiting online..all bright eyed and lubed up...

11. User who gave Like to post:

llz (October 22nd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    In the days before Sansuk and when there were few massage places (I can recall Nobody's in Naklua and no other), the only ways to meet a Thai guy were by cruising Royal Garden or by going to the beach and waiting for someone to cruise you. It was quite a scene in the 90s.
    You youngsters are spoilt for choice nowadays, even if the overall number of candidates is well-down.
    My first trips to Pattaya were in year 2000 and I very quickly discovered the gay beach which was thriving at that time. In between the ranks of farangs there was a fair number of Thai boys sometimes wearing brief speedos, mostly looking for action, especially in the late afternoon. They would usually come over to you on an invitation Conveyed by one of the concession boys, to join you for a drink. From there it escalated to a trip to the hotel and an hour or two in bed with them.
    A huge variety of articles could be bought from the beach venders - I still have a wooden model of a Spanish galleon purchased when a little drunk.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (October 23rd, 2020), snotface (October 22nd, 2020)

Liked

Ah the vendors, always a delight if not sometimes annoying. The ice cream (ice keem, ka?) boy oops girl. The old lady manicurist who I swear was mostly blind, how she managed to not cut off my toe was always a mystery. The big-cocked belt salesman boy, I loved to inspect his ... belts. The straight gay-CD vendor boy who mostly giggled at each question about the movies he was selling. "Do you like 3-way"?

Ah yes the vendors were part of the entertainment for sure, and even at my last visit to Dongtan (October 2019) they had already been mostly gone for at least two years. It's a pity.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...ice cream vendor...yes...he would shriek...i scream..u scream...we scream...then flounce off in a huff when nobody bought anything...