Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Go-go bars v the apps

Liked

Re: Go-go bars v the apps

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    There are still many Laos and Khmer lads still here; they just never left!
    Interesting.
    Of the Khmer and Laos lads I've met in Pattaya, I only noticed one of them on the apps when browsing recently, although I noticed another one this morning. Of course, there will be many I haven't met from those countries.

The ones I have met usually have a passport full of stamps from visa runs.
    Are they now remaining with visa extensions or illegally ?

Liked

"If I'm not mistaken, the red triangle was also used on the "Easy Rider" thread. Some suspect the thread originator ."

Absolutely correct and when you start and maintain a thread with 49969 views, 38 pages long, 323 entries and loads and loads of photos I shall happily grant you a certain proprietorship over it.

Liked

Gentlemen, I think the point has now been made, so can we please get back on topic?

Let me try.

I prefer to preview the guy in person before I choose someone to return to my hotel to see my etchings. In Thailand that is easy due to the number of gogo bars. But in other countries it is a different matter.

On a trip to Prague a few years ago I spent every night at the Escape Bar. There were lots of guys who spent much of the time naked, either dancing on stage or wandering around the bar. But their asking price was ridiculously high and I didn't see the value for money. The bar "star" had been pre-booked by a German couple every night and was unavailable. So for the first time ever I decided I would look for a guy on Gay Romeo.

I soon found a handsome guy in his mid-twenties and invited him to come to my hotel. I waited for him out on the street and felt truly apprehensive. What have I done? What if he doesn't look like his photo? What if I don't like him? What if he tries to mug me in the room? If a guy works in a bar you have some comeback should anything go wrong, but with a freelancer you are basically on your own.

When I saw him round the corner and start walking up the street my heart was pounding and my legs were shaking. For some reason I find Western guys a little intimidating. Suddenly I wanted to call the whole thing off.

As he approached me he flashed a gorgeous smile and then have me a little cuddle. I let out a huge sigh of relief.

Back in the room we sat and chatted on the bed for what seemed like ages. He could obviously sense that I was nervous and he was very skilled at putting guys like me at ease.

"Shall we take a shower together?" was his way of suggesting we get down to business.

The sex was amazing. And so was he. Afterwards he stayed behind and we chatted some more and had a beer. Such a lovely guy! Unfortunately, I was flying home the next day so I didn't have a chance to meet him again.

If I return to Europe -obviously highly unlikely at present - will I try the apps again?

Probably not. I consider myself lucky that things turned out so well. But now that I've seen how it can work I would have no hesitation to use an app if the need arises in Thailand. I just feel safer with Asian guys.
    Last edited by a447; October 18th, 2020 at 20:33.

4. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 19th, 2020), goji (October 18th, 2020), Marc K (October 19th, 2020), Oliver2 (October 18th, 2020), poshglasgow (October 19th, 2020), TaoR (October 23rd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    If I return to Europe -obviously highly unlikely at present - will I try the apps again?
    In referring to Escape (Prague), that's one of the very few places in Europe that has what can be described as a gogo bar, with boys on stage wearing not very much. However, there they are tall & muscular, which is not at all of interest to me.
    I always preferred Club Temple, which sometimes had smaller lads. That was more of a host bar, as on most of my visits, there was nothing to see on stage.

The choice on the apps in Prague is much wider.

If we go to somewhere like Berlin, I'm not even sure if they still have a gogo bar. There are several freelance host bars, but these days they seem to be over run by large hairy lads, some possibly of middle Eastern origin. I don't actually care where they come from, as even if they paid me, I'd still want to keep as far away from them as possible.
    On my last visit to Berlin, I just met some nice Thai and Khmer lads on Planet Romeo.

So Thailand is one of the few places where there's a choice between gogo bars & apps.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    The sex was amazing. And so was he... I consider myself lucky that things turned out so well. But now that I've seen how it can work I would have no hesitation to use an app if the need arises in Thailand. I just feel safer with Asian guys.
    You just never know -- app, bar or chance meeting. Some work so memorably well. Some don't work. Some are outright disasters. My best recollection was a Thai chap I met at the butter counter at Foodmart. One smile and I was putty in his hands. We met only once as he was way on the low-down alas. He was amazing. So, the moral of the story is, nothing is for sure and life always sends us surprises. It is what makes life worth living.

Liked

My experience at Escape confirmed to me the importance of seeing the guys in person rather than just a photo on an app.

Of all the guys in the bar showing off their rather large endowments, I only ever saw 1 hard-on! That was a hung Turkish guy who did a wank show and ended up coming over one of the guys who lay on the floor. The following nights also had wank shows by different guys but they were a "flop" too - none of them could get it up. So what would have happened back in the room? I think I would have wasted my money.

They were all 100% straight and unlike straight Thais, they just couldn't rise to the occasion.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I remember returning from my holiday in the Fall of 2013 like it was yesterday.

Once seated on the airplane in Suvarabhumi, I found myself going through a mental list of all the boys I had coupled with during that past 3 months, challenging myself to remember their names. An impossible task. I could remember what their bodies looked like, the size and shape of their penises, and the things we did together in bed down to the smallest detail, but as far as their names were concerned, they were simply hidden from me in a thick mist of fog, e.g., Doe, Rai, Me, Fa, So, La, Tee, Doe, Aa, Ee, Eye, Oh, Yu, and sometimes Y. Who knows?

Shortly after getting back to work in the U.S., I decided to take a stab at surfing one of the gay dating sights for the first time. Not for any particular reason, (at least not that I was consciously aware of), but just to enjoy looking at the pictures. I went to Gayromeo which seemed to be the most popular sight at the time. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many boys were on-line, including many money-boys advertising their wares. I even recognized some of them.

One day I decided to adjust my "preferences" to search for boys who were just looking for "Friends", where previously my "preferences" were set at; "Sex Date" - Slim - Large Cock - Versatile...you know, the priorities. After souring the ads for a few weeks I stumbled across a boy who caught my eye. His profile described him as having the physical attributes I liked and he looked really cute in the picture, but what interested me the most (or, at least equally), was the way he described himself and his self-interests, with such a sense of honesty and maturity.

Over the next few weeks I sent him 3 messages just to say hi and introduce myself, none of which were returned...ugh! Then one afternoon after returning to my office I saw a message from him in my GR inbox. I remember feeling excited, but lost that feeling almost immediately after opening his message. It was just one line; "Hi, nice to know you. Have a nice day". I was a bit disappointed after waiting so long to hear from him, but decided to respond to him anyway: "Hi. Nice to get your message. Smile". End of message. Another week passed, and there he was in my inbox again. This time there were two sentences with similar content. These messages between us went on for the next 3 months, gaining in content each time until we were actually holding a conversation. What a concept!

I think it's fair to say that, after time, we started seeing each other as being honest and sincere about ourselves, our personal interests, aspirations, etc. We finally decided to speak to each other on the phone. He spoke fluent English (what a relief)...sounded as genuine and sincere as he did in his messages, and pierced me with his soft and gentle voice and occasional giggles. He was admittedly very shy. We decided to meet each other when I returned to Thailand to spend a weekend together. I honestly didn't want to dedicate more than a weekend, as to not detract from seeing the other boys whose names I had forgotten, which of course was always the highlight of my holidays.

He closed his sewing shop up in Buriram on a Friday afternoon and hopped the bus in Buriram that evening for the 8 hour trek down to Pattaya where we decided to rendezvous. We met as planned...liked each other from the very beginning...and decided to stretch the weekend into a week...then another week...and another...and another...until we found ourselves in a room at Tarntawan Hotel in Bangkok 3 months later enjoying our last evening together before my return flight home. We both said our goodbyes to Gayromeo, and have been together ever since. I can even remember his name.

9. 20 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 19th, 2020), AdamKY (October 20th, 2020), Armando (October 19th, 2020), Aux1010 (October 19th, 2020), Brad the Impala (October 19th, 2020), christianpfc (October 19th, 2020), dinagam (October 20th, 2020), gerefan2 (October 20th, 2020), goji (October 19th, 2020), Keith (October 21st, 2020), Marc K (October 20th, 2020), Nirish guy (October 19th, 2020), Oliver2 (October 19th, 2020), Patanawet (October 19th, 2020), poshglasgow (October 19th, 2020), siscu58 (October 19th, 2020), Smiles (October 20th, 2020), snotface (October 19th, 2020), splinter1949 (October 19th, 2020), TaoR (October 23rd, 2020)

Liked

"... He closed his sewing shop up in Buriram ... "
    I distinctly remember that sewing shop Dodger and thought that 'Bobbin' might be a cool nickname, under the circumstances. These long-termers ~ myself included ~ are few and far apart but there are a thousand stories like yours above. Keep that up.

If interested, a longer Dodger Story regarding sequins can be found here. https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ht=sewing+shop
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

......These long-termers ~ myself included ~ are few and far apart .
    Yes, you're right, but I just wonder if the "New Normal" will have an impact on this.

I know a few expats who seem to be gravitating to spending more time with one "Boy Special" versus being nightly butterfly's out on the bar scene for the obvious reasons. There simply aren't as many available boys around on the bar scene. Or maybe it's just a short-term effect of this pandemic. Who knows?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Yes, you're right, but I just wonder if the "New Normal" will have an impact on this.
    Slightly different matter for those of us stuck in Farang Land...

The longer this goes on the more I wonder who I will know, if and when I eventually get back to Pattaya.

Most of the boys I know have now returned to the farm and by the time they allow us back into Thailand (years?) some will be beyond their “off by” date.

Whether any of the others will bother to return is to be seen. By then they may well have settled back in Isaan and found a decent job.

The same goes for some of the more senior farang friends....will they still be around? Its all rather worrying.