Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Go-go bars v the apps

Liked

Re: Go-go bars v the apps

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I've experimented with Blued, but would only really use it where I am forced to because it's the dominant app.

There's no need to go near it at all in Bangkok or Pattaya, as the boys follow the customers.

Blued seems more popular in Northern Thailand, but I still get more action via Hornet and Grindr. I had to use Blued in Myanmar, as it seemed slightly more popular than Grindr.

Blued objection #1: It has a facility to send photographs that are only visible for a fraction of a second. I like to have a good look at whoever I am meeting and also like to remind myself just before we meet. A photo that disappears would be perfect for anyone who's about 10 years older. OK, so I can insist they send a permanent picture, but it's easier to use an app without this awful feature.

Blued objection #2: Blued no longer operate in the EU + UK and have forcibly closed accounts for people in the EU + UK. I don't know why, but as I've not heard of similar moves in other democratic countries, I presume Blued are not willing to comply with GDPR. What else could it be ? So I have lost contacts on Blued.
    Blued is great for meeting non commercial boys.

Agree about the 1 second photo flash. Bloody annoying. No doubt the reason for this is the fear many Chinese boys have of having face pics permanently on a dating app. They may not want friends to know they are gsy.

The way around this is to download the WeChat app. No restrictions on photos there and all the guys I have chatted with have either this or Line. Oddly WeChat is also Chinese owned and has a membership of over a billion. But it is used by many Chinese as a general chat and payment platform. So the Beijing mandarins pay far less attention to photos.

Liked

Blued is slightly prudish and commercial activity is banned. The 5 second photo feature is brilliant because of you think he looks like a giant bug larvae * you can still be polite and return a photo without it being permanent.

* If he's Chinese and over 26 he almost certainly will do.

Wechat is the best app on this or any other planet. It's not most Chinese use it. It's all. Phone calls, video calls, payments and a load of other stuff too. It also translates into multiple languages. Definitely the best thing to come out of China since Peking Duck.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (October 23rd, 2020), dab69 (October 25th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    you can still be polite and return a photo without it being permanent. .
    Just in case if might matter to anyone work wise etc dont forget that that 5 second pic display thing disappearing is only as safe and as good as the speed of the phone operators fingers in them NOT being able to click their screen grab buttons before the image disappears ! One click by them ( or us) and that instantly disappearing pic is saved to his / our camera roll for ever !

So should it matter to you for some reason NOT to have your (cock!??) pics saved by them for possible forward distribution later to their friends / the internet / your employer !? then do perhaps take care before sending that instantly (perhaps none) disappearing pic !

Liked

You have to keep your finger on the screen or the image disappears instantly..And in fact Nirish the screencap facility doesn't work with blued. At least I've never managed to make it.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 25th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

?? i haven't used blued in quite a while now but I seemed to recall you could access the image on your screen and either keep it there with your finger as you describe and then screen shot it as normal OR just be quick and click the screen shot buttons when the image pops up ( as it is you who controls that of course by deciding when to open the image). But you could be right, perhaps someone could test the therory just out of interest ?? Thankfully for most of us I guess it doesn't matter either way but I guess for those to whom it does matter it could be a BIG thing if uncensored pics come back to haunt them - when they're blackmailed that they're about to be sent to their wife / employer etc ! ( as seems to be happening more and more online these days ! :-( )

I''ve always told anyone that knows me if they wake up to some dodgy pic of me in their inbox to be neither superprised or offended as I'm damned if I'm paying any scammer a blackmail fee and then can "print and be damned" ! lol To be fair looking at the state of me now after lockdown I think even a normal every day fully clothed pic would be enough to put most of them off their breakfast anyway so it's little odds ! :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Blued no longer operate in the EU + UK and have forcibly closed accounts for people in the EU + UK.
    I originally registered on blued in 2018 in Thailand or Taiwan, but I have been using it in Europe for months without problems (but density of profiles is low in Europe).

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ...click their screen grab buttons before the image disappears!
    Firstly, some programs can disable screen shot by software.
    Secondly, you have to keep one or two fingers on the screen to keep seeing the picture.

In a few cases, I circumvented both by taking a screenshot with my camera (or second mobile phone), but it's cumbersome and the picture is of lower quality.

Liked

Another way to do things is to use apps plus the gogo bars.

I've had cases where I start chatting with a lad and it turns out he's on the stage at one of the Bangkok gogo bars. So by the time I've walked in the bar, I know what he's prepared to do and his tip expectations are reasonable.
    I don't make any commitment, but visit the bar, confirm he's one of the best specimens on the stage & off him. This way I've got more confidence about what he's doing in bed.
    Also, some of the boys in Bangkok gogo bars and Toyboys Pattaya seem trained to push for a larger tip, but if you've already contacted the same boys via the apps, they are perfectly happy with the local going rate.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What a pain in the ass with all the translation required and limits of Google Translate.
    And then I always retranslate it back to see how bad the translation is.

I do like Grindr since I can "travel" and see what is online in Pattaya/Bangkok.
    I see one on GayRomeo that looks almost like my departed friend.

The one good thing about the apps - we can't visit gogo bars at the moment.

Also I can "block" and it will erase all chats with that one on both ends.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I originally registered on blued in 2018 in Thailand or Taiwan, but I have been using it in Europe for months without problems (but density of profiles is low in Europe).
    Having just tried to log in to check that therory I see I ( like a few others here it seems) am now getting a message to say that "based on my behaviour" my account has been blocked - ha as for once I can be 100% sure that my behaviour has been beyond reproach on Blued ( and it's not often I can be so sure of that fact always) I can only assume that "some" form of general block has been implemented. I did email the support link supplied just asking them to confirm that and will await their reply. I

t's a shame really as like a few others on here it seems I did like sometimes using it for being able to see and chat to lots of cute asian guys from all over Asia on perhaps a cold wet wintery night when bored and stuck at home here in the UK :-(

* edit - on doing a quick google search re any possible EU / UK Blocking I can see no information about that AND I see that Blued recently opened an office in London which would seem strange to then block their Uk users - so ARE any other users on here who are in the EU / UK ( aside from Christian it seems) and who are still able to log on to their accounts as Im thinking that perhaps my block was more to do with the length of time betweens log ins or something perhaps just ?

Liked

1 Back in July, I got a message from Blued saying they were temporarily suspending their service in the EU and UK. Someone else reported a similar message here: https://www.gayguides.com/forums/top...comment-144625

2 I now get the same error message as N Irish, ie "based on my behaviour" my account has been blocked. My last "behaviour" on Blued was arranging entertainment in Myanmar back in January.