Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Go-go bars v the apps

Liked

Re: Go-go bars v the apps

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    The longer this goes on the more I wonder who I will know, if and when I eventually get back to Pattaya.
    Surely a simple weekly message to each on Line or another app will provide you the answer and alleviate the angst you are presently going through.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I suspect that many of the guys now living away will return at the same time, more ore less, as we do. As long as I've been traveling to Thailand, there has been a rapid turn-over, a lesson I learnt on my second trip when I had a list of guys whose acquaintance I was looking forward to renew....with little success. "He go home now." That will be even more true now. "He stay home."

But, as Gerefan suggests, the more pertinent question is, who will "we" be? Many of us are of age when various ailments can put an end to our travels and, even if we are fortunate enough to escape them, there is still the issue of the stress of long-distance travel. At the moment, it's not enough to keep me grounded but I'm conscious that the recovery time (both ways) is increasing alarmingly as I age. Despite the assistance of Circadin.
    I do not know how many returns I have in my system but am acutely aware that a missed trip is a cancellation, not a postponement.

3. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 20th, 2020), gerefan2 (October 20th, 2020), goji (October 20th, 2020), lukylok (October 20th, 2020), Marc K (October 22nd, 2020), Nirish guy (October 20th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Slightly different matter for those of us stuck in Farang Land...

The longer this goes on the more I wonder who I will know, if and when I eventually get back to Pattaya.

Most of the boys I know have now returned to the farm and by the time they allow us back into Thailand (years?) some will be beyond their “off by” date.

Whether any of the others will bother to return is to be seen. By then they may well have settled back in Isaan and found a decent job.

The same goes for some of the more senior farang friends....will they still be around? Its all rather worrying.
    All valid concerns...and all the more reason to live in the here and now instead of dwelling in the past and what ifs. The Pattaya you knew was already changing long before Covid - this catastrophic virus will only expedite the process. Best to move on...

5. User who gave Like to post:

Armando (October 22nd, 2020)

Liked

Sometimes I have to agree with sglad... oops, frequent.

7. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (October 20th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh lord...what depressing dross...ofcourse I'll be back...and so will the boys...do u really think they wanna be stuck in the rice paddy fields all year...all we need is a vaccine or an effective treatment plan...any day now....

Liked

We have once again drifted off the Go-go bars v the apps topic, so I thought it appropriate to separate the posts discussing a vaccine and move them to their own thread with the title, Are we near to having a vaccine and returning to Thailand?

To contribute to the new topic please click on the following link:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ng-to-Thailand
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (October 22nd, 2020), StevieWonders (October 22nd, 2020)

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Thailand To Get Vaccine Early Next Year?

There was a profile of the Chinese creator of Blued on I think Nikkei Asia last week. I meant to post a link but now can’t find it. Perhaps Trump will ban it like Tik Tok.

I know there are specific web sites for geriatric chasers such as Silver Daddies; I’m surprised that there isn’t one for size queens. That phrase from the hymn All Things Bright And Beautiful springs to mind. I’m sure you all know the one “the purple headed monster”. Not that I’m boasting you understand

Liked

Re: Thailand To Get Vaccine Early Next Year?

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    There was a profile of the Chinese creator of Blued on I think Nikkei Asia last week. I meant to post a link but now can’t find it. Perhaps Trump will ban it like Tik Tok.
    I think this is the article. BueCity the company that runs Blued had a highly successful NASDAQ listing in July, although the share price has dropped significantly since then.

It was founded by a former married policeman who was discovered to be gay and fired. The app now has 54 million users. Allegedly about half the monthly users are outside China. Having used it for a couple of years, I find it provides many more users within about 2 or 3 kms of my location in Thailand than any other dating app.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Bus...S-stock-market

Liked

I've experimented with Blued, but would only really use it where I am forced to because it's the dominant app.

There's no need to go near it at all in Bangkok or Pattaya, as the boys follow the customers.

Blued seems more popular in Northern Thailand, but I still get more action via Hornet and Grindr. I had to use Blued in Myanmar, as it seemed slightly more popular than Grindr.

Blued objection #1: It has a facility to send photographs that are only visible for a fraction of a second. I like to have a good look at whoever I am meeting and also like to remind myself just before we meet. A photo that disappears would be perfect for anyone who's about 10 years older. OK, so I can insist they send a permanent picture, but it's easier to use an app without this awful feature.

Blued objection #2: Blued no longer operate in the EU + UK and have forcibly closed accounts for people in the EU + UK. I don't know why, but as I've not heard of similar moves in other democratic countries, I presume Blued are not willing to comply with GDPR. What else could it be ? So I have lost contacts on Blued.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I: Blued no longer operate in the EU + UK and have forcibly closed accounts for people in the EU + UK. .
    That’s interesting.

I have a Blued account and a few months ago it told me I was blocked due to my “behaviour” . I do not recollect doing anything wrong, and have been unable to open it since.

I also think it is very annoying in many respects.

Hornet wins hands down for use in Thailand.