Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
I've experimented with Blued, but would only really use it where I am forced to because it's the dominant app.

There's no need to go near it at all in Bangkok or Pattaya, as the boys follow the customers.

Blued seems more popular in Northern Thailand, but I still get more action via Hornet and Grindr. I had to use Blued in Myanmar, as it seemed slightly more popular than Grindr.

Blued objection #1: It has a facility to send photographs that are only visible for a fraction of a second. I like to have a good look at whoever I am meeting and also like to remind myself just before we meet. A photo that disappears would be perfect for anyone who's about 10 years older. OK, so I can insist they send a permanent picture, but it's easier to use an app without this awful feature.

Blued objection #2: Blued no longer operate in the EU + UK and have forcibly closed accounts for people in the EU + UK. I don't know why, but as I've not heard of similar moves in other democratic countries, I presume Blued are not willing to comply with GDPR. What else could it be ? So I have lost contacts on Blued.
Blued is great for meeting non commercial boys.

Agree about the 1 second photo flash. Bloody annoying. No doubt the reason for this is the fear many Chinese boys have of having face pics permanently on a dating app. They may not want friends to know they are gsy.

The way around this is to download the WeChat app. No restrictions on photos there and all the guys I have chatted with have either this or Line. Oddly WeChat is also Chinese owned and has a membership of over a billion. But it is used by many Chinese as a general chat and payment platform. So the Beijing mandarins pay far less attention to photos.