Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A Sad Passing

Liked

A Sad Passing

It is with heavy heart I announce the sad passing of Bernard Trink. Trink was infamous for his Nite Owl column published in the Bangkok Post about the night life goings on in Bangkok, with particular interest in the sex bars. I am proud to have called him my friend. When he would take me on his rounds, where ever we went, he was treated as a celebrity. I remember once he picked me up from my hotel to make a round, and instantly he was recognized by the hotel staff and you would have thought Tom Cruise had just walked in. Truly a privilege to have known him.

RIP Bernard Trink

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 12th, 2020), Patanawet (October 10th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: A Sad Passing

He even coined the term “Soi Cowboy” and enduring catch-phrases such as the verbal shrug of “This is Thailand” or “TIT.”''

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/features...ite-owl-trink/

Liked

Re: A Sad Passing

My condolences to his family and friends. I was a regular reader of his column. Although most of the entries were about the girlie bars, he did occasionally mention developments in the gay scene. The Bangkok Post has never been the same since his column was dropped.