Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Dragon

Liked

Re: Tales from the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    If I could go to Phuket for 10-12 days without quarantine in November I'd go. Not as many boys but great motorbike rides and some lovely restaurants I'm sure. The problem for me is likely to be China.They were the first or one of them to close their borders and I suspect they'll be one of the last to reopen. Even if one has been vaccinated with their own vaccine.
    With strict quarantine on return to China and all the FIMP references, I trust China has some advantages to keep you there ? (e.g. Fiscal, quality of life, hot boys).

[Quote from Phuket Sandbox thread, but I'm posting here to save the moderators the work]

Liked

Someone tested positive in a city about 90kms away and so measures have been enacted here.

The two nightclubs have scanning showing your alipay health code and your wechat something check. The guys doing the checking are wearing hazmat suits although only at one club were they wearing the hoods, goggles and masks the other one being much less attractive to the virus perhaps.

It could be years before normal travel in and out of China resumes.

People are openly saying the Chinese vaccine doesn't work.

Wal Mart have reintroduced their mask policy which is you MUST wear a mask to enter the store...before half the people immediately take it off. I didn't have one on me and I barged past the furious woman guard while pointing to all the unmasked staff as I did so.

Zik, my favourite nightclub host boy has left and taken his beautiful arse with him. As long as they work at the club they'll dance and drink with you and cuddle you but once they've left they have no interest and I can't blame them for that one bit. Still, this was Zik so I'm entitled to a period of mourning.

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (July 23rd, 2021), goji (July 22nd, 2021), TaoR (July 23rd, 2021), vnman (July 23rd, 2021)

Liked

People are openly saying the Chinese vaccine doesn't work.
    They have some sense then.
    I shall have to do a poll of students here to see what they think. I know one who got his NHS AZN as fast as he could. Another declined on account of having received a vaccine in China.

Wal Mart have reintroduced their mask policy which is you MUST wear a mask to enter the store...before half the people immediately take it off.
    Utterly bonkers & even worse than the policy which has been in place in British pubs for much of the last year, when allowed to open.
    You have to wear a mask when entering and leaving the pub, but can sit drinking for hours with no mask. A least there is a reason why you have to take the mask off in a pub, so it's slightly better than Wal Mart China, although putting one on just to walk through the door remains stupid in either case.

Liked

Someone tested positive in a city about 90kms away and so measures have been enacted here.
    Is it public knowledge in which city you are?

Liked

Someome tested posotive for the Delta variant. All bars and clubs currently closed. Mass testing. A few old people see a foreigner and immediately check their mask. What can you do, all they know is what the govt tells them.

Liked

Chinese acting very fast if they feel danger. I got report from first hands few weeks ago: QR-code of student in one of South university in China became red after computer found what he was in a flight where one passenger late was tested positive. In 10 min after that campus was totally locked by security (first) and arrived in 30 minutes police. At next 3 hours 10 medical buses with staff arrived to campus. All 5000+ students, about 1000+ teachers and administrative personel and all 2000+ workers were tested in 8 hours. Campus remained locked till all negative results next 24 hours.

By the way: for mass-testing like this Chinese use quite fast, effective and cheap approach - they use one probe stick for 1 person but collecting them into one glass (?) by ten. By this they speeding mass-testing 10 times. If they will found positive result then they will retest these 10 persons only.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

8. 5 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (September 4th, 2021), christianpfc (July 30th, 2021), dinagam (July 30th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 30th, 2021), TaoR (September 4th, 2021)

Liked

Most people are wearing masks even when riding e-bikes although I'm currently watching some young guys play basketball (close contact and heavy breathing) and no one is. Go figure.

Liked

As you are probably the one getting up close and breathing heavily, I hope you are wearing a mask!

Any photos to cheer us up?

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 31st, 2021), TaoR (September 4th, 2021)

Liked

A few old people see a foreigner and immediately check their mask. .
    In January 2020 I was staying at the Base, Pattaya for a few days. Going down in the elevator with a friend from Europe, we encountered an African American. We engaged in some pleasantries on the way down. A few floors before the ground floor, the elevator stopped and a (Probably Chinees) Asian entered the elevator. The American immediately put on his mask.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    By the way: for mass-testing like this Chinese use quite fast, effective and cheap approach - they use one probe stick for 1 person but collecting them into one glass (?) by ten. By this they speeding mass-testing 10 times. If they will found positive result then they will retest these 10 persons only.
    That's an excellent approach, why haven't I thought of that? I had this in university, this method is named after the person who invented it, but I forgot the name. You can even modify the procedure and use mathematics to calculate which one tested positive (without testing those 10 individually), but under the given circumstances the way you describes is more economical.