Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Dragon

Liked

Re: Tales from the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    There's a buffet restaurant in Pattaya Central Festival which charges for any food left on the plate. And I recently went to a Japanese bbq wagyuu all-you-can-eat restaurant here in Perth which does the same.

Maybe that's the solution.
    I have seen this notice before. But how do they Charge? Do they weight the plates before and after??? Stop the diners before leaving or add the cost to the Bill...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
    But how do they Charge? Do they weight the plates before and after??? Stop the diners before leaving or add the cost to the Bill...
    I'm not sure how they do it, but I have a feeling that it is by weight.

I think it is mainly just a case of putting diners on notice that they should only take what they can eat.

I imagine it would be difficult if the restaurant were dealing with a huge tour group. There would be a riot!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've eaten in a few of those "we charge for what you leave on your plate" places and I've actually yet to see then charge anyone and I got the impression that A447 is right in that it's intended more as a put off to people or tables ( Chinese ??) who needlessly blatently and wastefully fill their plates either because of greed or culture perhaps.

I have to say it's rarely a situation I would have found myself in as coming from Ireland if you left food on your plate there was a fair chance you'd be getting back again on your plate the next night until you ate it as wasting food wasn't somehting my mother ever encoraged ( or tolerated ) - thankfully me being a greedy sod that was somehting we rarely quarrelled about anyway !! :-)

4. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (October 30th, 2021)

Liked

I wonder if young Chinese tourists behave like that at buffets? I can only recall seeing older tourists fighting over food. The young have grown up in relatively prosperous times (thanks, comrade president Xi!) and don't know about earlier famines. They haven't had to literally fight for survival like their elders.

Mind you, it's not just food they fight over. I've seen elderly Chinese women actually fighting over handbags at Louis Vuitton and watched as the staff stood back and cowered in disgust and horror, waiting for the police to arrive. Their husbands were just sitting down chatting, totally ignoring the mayhem. They'd seen it all before. Is it because so many Chinese are now part of the nouveau riche?

And of course, I was really pissed off when the handbag I was after was unceremoniously ripped from my hot little hands! Damn! It was a perfect match for my shoes. Lol

6. 6 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (October 30th, 2021), goji (October 30th, 2021), GWMinUS (October 30th, 2021), Nirish guy (October 30th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 30th, 2021), splinter1949 (October 31st, 2021)

Liked

Another Chinese nightclub spectacular. Lots of drinking, dancing and lovely boys bottoms you'll all be pleased to hear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 11th, 2021), goji (November 11th, 2021), GWMinUS (November 12th, 2021), Jellybean (November 11th, 2021), vnman (November 11th, 2021)

Liked

May I suggest we start a GoFundMe so we can gift a high-resolution camera to Arsenal?

10. 9 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 11th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 12th, 2021), christianpfc (November 11th, 2021), gerefan2 (November 11th, 2021), goji (November 11th, 2021), Jellybean (November 11th, 2021), Nirish guy (November 11th, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 11th, 2021), TaoR (November 18th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    May I suggest we start a GoFundMe so we can gift a high-resolution camera to Arsenal?
    Well, vnman, I certainly think it's time he ditched his Kodak box brownie or, failing that, give his camera lens a clean from time to time.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

12. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 11th, 2021), Brad the Impala (November 12th, 2021), gerefan2 (November 11th, 2021), Ruthrieston (November 11th, 2021), vnman (November 11th, 2021)

Liked

What arsenal needs is a pair of steady hands...

Liked

All complaints have been passed to the customer services department and will be treated with all due respect.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    All complaints have been passed to the customer services department and will be treated with all due respect.
    Beggars can't be choosers.

:-)