Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Dragon

Liked

Re: Tales from the Dragon

Arsenal, your experiences of being a foreigner in China bring back so many memories.

I had similar ones growing up in Japan at a time when foreigners were only seen in the movies. Everyone was very polite, but I still found it annoying. So I understand where you are coming from with this.

I would go into a shop and all hell would break loose. Nobody would come forward to serve me as they thought their English was inadequate. And of course, as far as they were concerned, anyone non-Japanese only ever spoke English! Other languages seemed not to exist. We were all automatically thought to be American.

When I finally accosted someone to get served and I spoke to them in Japanese, more hell broke loose!

"Quick! Go and find a camera! Go and get the boss! Help!! There's this alien from Mars here! And he's speaking Japanese! And he's in our shop!!"

It was so funny watching them all running around as if their arses were on fire.

These days nobody pays us foreigners any attention, at least not in the big cities. It still sometimes occurs out in the countryside but everyone is always very polite and friendly. And the reactions are not quite as extreme as before.

And when I go into a Japanese-owned establishment here in Perth and speak Japanese it's selfie time! And fellow customers look on bemused, wondering what all the fuss is about.

"Are you famous in Japan?".

Lol

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 17th, 2021), francois (September 17th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 18th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    And of course, as far as they were concerned, anyone non-Japanese only ever spoke English! Other languages seemed not to exist.
    They grow up speaking Japanese.
    Learning English is useful as the language of international business.
    After that, learning any other European language will have much less use for most Japanese, since they will rarely get to use it.

Liked

1.To the basketball court on this balmy late summer evening. Number 23 is a right looker and we were conversing on blued until he got very angry cos I wouldn't send him a photo of my willy. He's clearly a dinky twinky with a very cute arse. But, believe it or not he's also the best basketball player in town in as much as such a thing exists in what is basically a game of catch.

2. The bats were out in force feasting away.

3. A magnificent example of Chinese manliness.

4. This lady came and chatted to me several times as she often does. I don't know what she says but this never seems to bother her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (September 18th, 2021), Ninodf1 (September 19th, 2021)

Liked

If all you guys are interested in in is the price of a haircut then maybe start your own thread rather than carpet bag this one. I find Christian odd and francois is rapidly becoming the boards most irritating member with his inability to post more than a single off topic sentence.

Liked

History has told me (us all in fact) that when the board starts to get annoying it's time to take a break. I'm therefore logging out for a few months to recharge my batteries. Au revoir.

Liked

A copy of post # 250 together with unrelated posts have been moved to the Everything Else forum under the title, What price a haircut?

To contribute to the new topic, please click on the following link:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...rice-a-haircut
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Enjoy your holiday from the forum.

242223637_294391302053416_7550430445849008770_n.jpg

10. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (September 20th, 2021), francois (September 20th, 2021), Ruthrieston (September 21st, 2021), splinter1949 (September 21st, 2021)

Liked

Whether he's making a grand entrance or exit, this man exudes poise and confidence.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. User who gave Like to post:

goji (September 21st, 2021)

Liked

Try this place Christian. Its very you.
    Last edited by a447; September 21st, 2021 at 14:09. Reason: Photo removed

Liked

The Chinese have announced their restrictions for the upcoming Winter Olympics. No.one can come in, even the athletes must do 21 days quarantine. Definitely more cautious than anywhere else (Except maybe Australia)...perhaps because they know, and I suspect that this thing started in a Wuhan lab as a potential weapon of war.