Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the Dragon

Liked

Re: Tales from the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    You can even modify the procedure and use mathematics to calculate which one tested positive (without testing those 10 individually), but under the given circumstances the way you describes is more economical.
    I presume to calculate which one was positive, they need to take more than one swab per person, then feed these to different test batches ?

Combining tests was discussed in the UK last year, when there was a shortage of test capacity. I have no idea if they actually tried it for a while.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    That's an excellent approach, why haven't I thought of that?
    I'm hoping that the sarcasm is lost on me.

Liked

a447 requested.
    "Any photos to cheer us up?"

I tried to post some photos of hot semi naked boys frolicking in their skimpy swimming costumed in the lake but it kept saying I had exceeded my limit.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (August 1st, 2021), vnman (August 1st, 2021), Zebedee (July 31st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I tried to post some photos of hot semi naked boys frolicking in their skimpy swimming costumed in the lake but it kept saying I had exceeded my limit.
    That's what we want. I hope Moses can adjust your limit upwards ?
    If you want someone else to post them on your behalf, send a PM (offer only open for mainly semi naked type photos....)

6. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 1st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I presume to calculate which one was positive, they need to take more than one swab per person, then feed these to different test batches ?
    Mistake on my side. The procedure is to take the same measurement (pooled) multiple times, to lower the error. Not applicable here because the result is binary.

Liked

Pretty much full lockdown here now. The city is deserted. We're allowed out once a day but its not clear if a negative nucleic acid test is required. Many things are often not clear here in China.

So with masks and temperature reading and social distancing and most people vaccinated with Sinovac the authorities still don't trust their own product.

Whole streets and apartment complexes are sealed off although the barriers often look like they were built by collecting old gates, fences and metal bars from scrap yards.

I'm fortunate in that I have a nice place to live with a 14th floor view of the city, great internet access and websites with it seems, most films and tv shows ever made.

Personally I think they could have ridden this one out and waited a bit to see what happened because at this rate they'll never be free of the virus or the fear.

If I start to feel a bit mopey then I'll watch The Pacific or Band of Brothers or The Grapes of Wrath or The Color Purple or any one of hundreds that show people living in considerably worse conditions than me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Personally I think they could have ridden this one out and waited a bit to see what happened.
    Their fear being perhaps that they too know that their Sinovac vaccine may not be up to the job against the Delta strain and that it uncontrolled it could take off at a vast rate of knots there again perhaps !?

Liked

Pretty much full lockdown here now. The city is deserted. We're allowed out once a day but its not clear if a negative nucleic acid test is required. Many things are often not clear here in China.

So with masks and temperature reading and social distancing and most people vaccinated with Sinovac the authorities still don't trust their own product.
    Authorities trust. But There are only around 16% of vaccinated in your province now.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

11. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (September 4th, 2021)

Liked

Moses. As I wrote earlier, I am having trouble posting photos...something about over the limit. What's to be done about this?

Liked

Moses. As I wrote earlier, I am having trouble posting photos...something about over the limit. What's to be done about this?
    It is not possible to increase limit personally. I have to increase limits to all "veterans" instead. But hard drive of our server has limited volume and for to increase it I should switch to more expensive tariff.

Ok, made some free space by deleting oversized images. Veterans now have +50% disk space.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

14. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 4th, 2021), Brad the Impala (August 4th, 2021), Doofus (August 5th, 2021), goji (August 4th, 2021)