Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cabinet approves long-term tourist visa

Liked

Re: Cabinet approves long-term tourist visa

So how does this work? They want charter flights only, ~100 passengers per-flight.

So first week 100 peoepl from New York, next week 100 people from Sydney, next week 100 people from London, week after 100 from Berlin, or?? How does this work?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Not only are the numbers restricted tom1200 a month but here is how they must fly....

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured...5vI3KjwlMY0paM
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Not only are the numbers restricted tom1200 a month but here is how they must fly....

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured...5vI3KjwlMY0paM

they r actually expecting the Elon Musk(s) or Jeff Bezo(s) to come and stay for 90 days?!!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In the article Undaunted posted above - I think this paragraph by Geoffrey Fletcher pretty much sums it up:

"Geoffrey Fletcher, spokesperson at the Association of British Travel Agents, said, “There will be near-zero interest in this proposal in traditional Thai tourist markets such as Europe and America.” He predicted that there will be some interest amongst rich individuals in parts of short-haul Asia – including China, Singapore and South Korea – who have been lobbying the Thai government to exempt them from the tourist ban. They would likely spend their 14 days quarantine being pampered in Bangkok’s most luxurious hotels".

I guess these last few news releases have simply forgot to mention the fact that only those tourists coming from countries which have had no reported cases of covid-19 in the past two months would be eligible. At least that's what was stated in the Bangkok Post and The Nation. I can't imagine they'd be contradicting each other.

Liked

This tourist plan seems right on target with how things tend to work in Thailand.

Not as many customers at the bars? No problem, just hike up the drink prices to make up the difference. Now even less customers are showing up? Well, hike the drink prices again!

Same here. No tourists anymore? Great, only those with private jets or who can afford charter flights and stay in the most expensive hotels. That should balance things out.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I was thinking about some of our mutual friends from the U.S and UK who have been stranded as you mention, although, the article (for what it's worth) states that the Covid Council (CCSA) has yet to elaborate. After they do, we can assume that this long-stay visa will only be offered to those coming from low risk countries - which of course counts our friends out.
    !
    Why should anyone from the UK or USA not be allowed in? They must undergo a Covid test before departure, on arrival, and several times while in quarantine. Plus another test on departure from solitary. On top of that a medical certificate saying they are fit to fly before departure.

Why pick out US and UK.? Look at the stats for India, Russia and Brazil just for starters!

Additionally what’s all this about a charter flight? There are no charter flights from the UK to Thailand although any airline could probably arrange one. But what airline in their right mind would fly an aircraft to Thailand with only 100 seats occupied? And then maybe fly it back empty?

What passenger is going to pay 4 times the normal fare to cover the 300 empty seats?

Get with it Thailand....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

Why pick out US and UK.? Look at the stats for India, Russia and Brazil just for starters!
    I only mentioned the U.S. and UK because that's where my stranded friends live.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In comparison to this Long-Stay Tourist SCAM being floated in Thailand:

Just as one of a hundred holiday alternatives:

The U.S. Hawaiian Islands are opening up to international tourists on October 16. NO QUARENTINE REQUIRED. Travelers must show proof that they have tested negative for covid-19. Discounted hotel rooms (what a concept), domestic flights - versus charters and private jets intended for millionaires, pristine beaches with crystal-clear waters - versus the milky-brown sewer water beaches that Thailand presents to its tourists,...no GPS tracking devices...no hidden immigration loop-holes...no full payment of hotel in advance, etc. Just FUN, which is the whole idea of a holiday.

Understanding that the obsession with returning to Thailand for the gay traveler is centered on the BOYS...Money boys can be found on the gay cruising apps in just about every country now. Thailand has always been the best for boy-action in my opinion, but this doesn't mean they own the monopoly on this. This pandemic will change many things. I wouldn't be surprised if places like Vietnam, Cambodia, or even Myanmar, become more attraction SE Asian destinations for the gay traveler going forward.

Bottom line: Anyone who voluntarily hands someone thousands of dollars to be placed in 14 days of solitary confinement has to be mentally imbalanced. The fact that the Thai government has orchestrated a Plan which charges tourists twice the going rate for quarantine hotel rooms is appalling and shouldn't be accepted by anyone...even the rich and famous.

Liked

I don't know, I'm thinking Taiwan looks pretty promising. Only 90 day VISA though, and fairly wealthy country, so unsure how I'd be able to extend that. They are open to foreigners though with the obligatory 14 day quarantine. Might be an idea while I wait for Laos to open its borders again.

Anyway, point of this post... not all of us are just looking to SE Asia simply for a place to get our rocks off on the cheap. I will admit though, that's definitely an attributing factor ,but not all of it. Ever notice how most nations in SE Asia locked down, and for all intents and purposes, handled Kovid-19 quite well, and are I say, far better than many Western nations?

There's a societal and cultural reason for that, and that type of society I miss. There's a reason you don't see a bunch of imbeciles running around SE Asia nations staging anti-mask protests. They're not complete fucken morons like many in the West. They work together, and do what's best for the commnity, instead of being selfish and greedy morons. I miss that aspect of society.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Looking at the videos that Gerefan2 posted earlier aside from the high financial cost the Thai government are suggesting for returning the question should surely be more one of why the hell would you WANT to return just now as the place is so desolate. And how and why they would assume that millionaires on their private jets might want to go jump through their hoops escapes when they've SO many different options open to them and cost isn't an issue escapes me even more ! Looking at those videos it's not 5 or 10 millionaires they need walking around pattaya its more 500 of us TWO WEEK millionaires being back throwing money around us like confetti as we're so stupidly known to do. ( with the obvious virus risks aside as to why that wouldn't be such a good idea too of course)

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (September 20th, 2020), goji (September 21st, 2020)