Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid Insurance

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Covid Insurance

kkjason,

Thank you very much for your response and the information you provided.

if you don't mind me asking, are you a Thai National or U.S. Citizen? I'm only asking because you mentioned your father being happy to return to his home in Thailand. This of course has a lot to do with the travel ban policies, regardless of what type of Visa a person is holding.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

kkjasin,

As an add-on to my previous comments, Barry Kenyon, former British Counsel to Thailand, posted the information shown below in an article dated 02 September. From what Mr. Kenyon is saying, no foreigner is known to have entered Thailand recently solely by virtue of an Elite Membership.

This is one of the reasons why I questioned the value of Elite Membership to begin with. But, from what you're saying, this has changed and Elite Members are now good-to-go. Is that correct?

Exert from Barry Kenyon Article
    02 September, 2020

Elite Visa Holders

The Elite visa offers a 5-20 year multiple-entry visa in exchange for a non-returnable cash deposit between 500,000 and two million baht. Last month, the Privilege Card Company sent an email to all card holders and applicants who had paid the cash up-front stating that Elite was now an approved category for applying to the local Thai embassy for permission to enter Thailand. However, many Thai embassies are stating that final permission is still awaited from Bangkok. No foreigner is known to have yet entered Thailand recently solely by virtue of Elite membership.

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 8th, 2020)

Liked

Surely the easy answer to the confusion is just to call the Elite Office in Bangkok. The general phone number is 02 352 3000

Liked

Here is no mention about the vaccine. Here in Europe we start vaccination November. Thai officials haven't got any plans for us that are safe to let in, without quarantine too. We should have just normal access without any testing or other formalities.

6. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (September 12th, 2020)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Philex View Post
    Here is no mention about the vaccine. Here in Europe we start vaccination November. Thai officials haven't got any plans for us that are safe to let in, without quarantine too. We should have just normal access without any testing or other formalities.
    Keep dreaming! Thailand have remained virtually Covid free by closing it’s boarders, the cases that have been reported are almost totally attributable to foreigners.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    kkjasin,

As an add-on to my previous comments, Barry Kenyon, former British Counsel to Thailand, posted the information shown below in an article dated 02 September. From what Mr. Kenyon is saying, no foreigner is known to have entered Thailand recently solely by virtue of an Elite Membership.

This is one of the reasons why I questioned the value of Elite Membership to begin with. But, from what you're saying, this has changed and Elite Members are now good-to-go. Is that correct?

Exert from Barry Kenyon Article
    02 September, 2020

Elite Visa Holders

The Elite visa offers a 5-20 year multiple-entry visa in exchange for a non-returnable cash deposit between 500,000 and two million baht. Last month, the Privilege Card Company sent an email to all card holders and applicants who had paid the cash up-front stating that Elite was now an approved category for applying to the local Thai embassy for permission to enter Thailand. However, many Thai embassies are stating that final permission is still awaited from Bangkok. No foreigner is known to have yet entered Thailand recently solely by virtue of Elite membership.
    Hey Dodger;

That is old information, so the individual who sent that email out is mistaken - even though I hate to speak ill of our wonderful embassy staff around the world from various countries (slightly sarcastic there). It is true that actual permission for Elite Visa holders was given several months ago (I want to say late June?) - but we all had to wait. Official permission and the guidelines for entry was stipulated on August 19th. Again - no Thai embassies actually handle the process of the Certificate of Entry for Elite Visa holders - which is where the confusion probably comes in from Barry. All other types of visas that are able to return, I do believe, go through the Thai Embassy in the country that they are in. If an Elite Visa holder contacts the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles, for example, they will be told that they can't help them. One must go through the Elite Visa staff in Bangkok - from that point that process actually goes fairly quickly - at least it did for me. Some of our friends, as I have mentioned, returned last week.

By the way - my father is American - We take care of him and he moved with us to Thailand about three years ago. That is now his home - which is why I mentioned that - He has his own room, etc., and that is where he feels most comfortable, so he is chomping at the bit to get back.

Cheers -

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (September 9th, 2020), Brad the Impala (September 9th, 2020), GerBear1958 (September 12th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Philex View Post
    Start vaccination in November? Says who? Trump? Does anyone seriously believe there will be a vaccine and mass vaccinations before 2021?

Why should Thailand let anyone in without testing or other formalities? At a time when second waves of the virus are being seen and new spikes being discovered in many parts of Europe just because countries opened up too quickly or as in England got their virus containment programme so completely wrong in the first place, why should Thailand which has done a very good job in its virus control open up to all and sundry? Normal access without strict conditions would be totally idiotic in my estimation.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (September 9th, 2020), Patanawet (September 9th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    Hey Dodger;

That is old information, so the individual who sent that email out is mistaken - even though I hate to speak ill of our wonderful embassy staff around the world from various countries (slightly sarcastic there). -
    It's hard to even blame embassy personal, because Thai immigration seems to thrive on generating chaos every time a policy change has to be made and communicated.

Thanks again for the additional information.

This sounds like good news, at least for those who can afford Elite Membership and simply don't have any other way of returning.

Good luck to all of you on your return.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

Good luck to all of you on your return.
    Thanks! We are really looking forward to it - now we just need to get a negative result on this damn COVID test. None of us have been sick in months, but I have heard stories of people everywhere testing positive and they never had a clue that they had it...Oh well...no sense in worrying over something we have no control over.

Cheers -

14. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (September 12th, 2020)

Liked

Says our PM. AstraZenega vaccination starting in Finland