FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid Insurance

Liked

Re: Covid Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    That's great news!

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm a bit surprised you didn't visit the forum during your 14-day quarantine. How in the hell did you keep busy?

Were you allowed the leave your hotel at all for exercise?

Any advice on what others should do to survive quarantine?
    You kind of get into a routine. I was fortunate in that my husband and I are legally married in the United States and Thailand accepts that for quarantine purposes. So, we did get to stay together. Dad stayed right next door. We ended up getting into a routine. Mealtimes were always looked forward to as it was something to do. Once a day, we got to take dad down the hallway to the exercise bike for an hour. I always have work to do on the computer, and the husband has television and YouTube - all in all, it wasn't that bad. However, if someone is on their own, I could see a need to be more proactive in having things to do to stay occupied. I am not a big tv watcher, but I do like to read. So, I went through about six books during the quarantine. I have heard of some people writing a book during quarantine, and a friend of mine actually started an online business. Plan ahead and quarantine can actually produce dividends in the long run - who knows. All that to say, it is not that bad. Once you get over the initial week, the countdown begins and the end is there before you know it.

Oh - one other piece of advice is not to go stingy in the choice of ASQ hotel. We went for a luxury hotel and did not regret it. We had every modern convenience, including premium Internet. Some others I know when cheapo and got basic Thai television, Internet that was out more than it was on, and food that left a lot to be desired. Dripping air conditioners... the lot. Go a bit more upscale, it is 14 days after all, and it will be money well spent in my opinion.

Cheers -

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 4th, 2020), goji (December 3rd, 2020), TaoR (December 4th, 2020)

Liked

And after all the expense of at least 3 Elite Visas, 3 ASQ's and lord only knows what else, kkjason ends up in Khon Kaen to watch the paint dry there? I sure hope it was/will be all worth it, Jason. From the sounds of your post you are planning to live full time there?

PS Didn't mean to be harsh. Actually if I were to live in Isaan, I do think KK is the nicest place of all in the northeast. And also has the best hospital as well should your Dad or you or you hubby ever need one. Very impressive hospital. You can keep the somtum though.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marc K View Post
    And after all the expense of at least 3 Elite Visas, 3 ASQ's and lord only knows what else, kkjason ends up in Khon Kaen to watch the paint dry there? I sure hope it was/will be all worth it, Jason. From the sounds of your post you are planning to live full time there?

PS Didn't mean to be harsh. Actually if I were to live in Isaan, I do think KK is the nicest place of all in the northeast. And also has the best hospital as well should your Dad or you or you hubby ever need one. Very impressive hospital. You can keep the somtum though.
    I do live full-time in Khon Kaen - have for 12 years - so what exactly is your point? And - since my husband is Thai - not sure why you would think he needs an elite visa. And, since my dad has a retirement visa - not sure why you would think he needs an Elite visa. As I have stated here many times - I already have an Elite Visa - so that was an expense incurred long before the pandemic hit. So, besides the quarantine - I fail to see where this 'extra expense' you talk about has come from. Can you enlighten me so I can be sure to check my bank statement? By the way - our insurance paid for our COVID tests (for myself and my dad) and fit to fly certificates - so there really was nothing additional there. To get back home in Khon Kaen - where yes - we have our own home - was well worth it.

5. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (December 4th, 2020), Brad the Impala (December 4th, 2020), Dodger (December 4th, 2020), seenus (December 5th, 2020), splinter1949 (December 4th, 2020), TaoR (December 4th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

kinda nice u drag your dad along...hope u supply him with some "entertainment too"...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post

You kind of get into a routine. I was fortunate in that my husband and I are legally married in the United States and Thailand accepts that for quarantine purposes.
    Jason, thank you so much for the information and advice you offered.

Having your "significant other" with you during quarantine is an advantage I think very few would be privilege to. I wonder if this may prompt some of these stranded expats to marry their boyfriends for this very purpose...(tongue-in-cheek)

I like what you had to say about different ways of being productive during this process. I also agree wholeheartedly with your recommendation for those who have to quarantine to focus on "quality" versus "cost". That could make all the difference in the world, and, as you stated, 14 days is a long period of time.

Congratulations on you all making it home safely. Don't ever leave again!

Cheers,

Liked

Congratulations on you all making it home safely. Don't ever leave again!

Cheers,[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dodger! We are very happy to say the least and, as you mention, we are not planning to leave again for a LONG time - This was an experience I don't plan on repeating again anytime soon. Although, as you mention, it was easier having my husband with me the entire time. We have lived together for so long that we kind of stir crazy if the other one is not around for very long -

Cheers -

Liked

anyone know,,,the USD $100,000 covin insurance policy one needs to enter Thailand...what does it cost..seems like a very high premium and who would buy it just
    to travel to TH???

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    anyone know,,,the USD $100,000 covin insurance policy one needs to enter Thailand...what does it cost..seems like a very high premium and who would buy it just
    to travel to TH???
    Do mummy and daddy still let you out to play by yourself? The $100,000 is what the insurance policy will pay out if required. Like all insurance policies its cost to you is cents on the dollar and will probably depend on your age. The most likely cost is $100 to $200. I saw one advertised the other day for USD99.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    anyone know,,,the USD $100,000 covin insurance policy one needs to enter Thailand...what does it cost..
    All depends. How old are you, how long do you want it for, any pre existing diseases etc . How long is a piece of string?

12. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (December 6th, 2020)

Liked

You don't have to be arrogant and snotty about my question....I did not know so I politely asked.....tks anyway for your reply