Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid Insurance

Liked

Re: Covid Insurance

All they need is a checklist and/or a few intelligent people to check their proposals.

1 Covid infection rates in "preferred" countries for visitors.
    2 Rules for people leaving the other country
    3 Rules for when people return to the other country

Then add checks against every single rule Thailand intends to impose.

e.g. For point 3, if they think they are going to allow loads of Chinese tourists in, they also need to remember China has 2 weeks of "proper" quarantine when people return home. No quarantine at home -it's confined to a hotel. So very few tourists will come from there.

If Thailand sets up realistic quarantine rules for some European countries, they might get a few visitors.
    Make the quarantine options as pleasant as possible, combine with a no-hassle 120 day visa waiver & don't add any additional dumb restrictions. That way, they might just get a few people going to Thailand for the winter (mainly retired & financially independent people).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I was thinking the 14 days quarantine in Phuket plus another week on Phuket might work to get me to Pattaya until I realised that I would have to fly to Phuket via BKK and then after quarantine get a flight to Pattaya.

That seemed OK until I realised I would need to fly back to Phuket again at the end of the trip in order to catch my flight home only for the first stop to be back at.BKK.

Hopeless!

3. User who gave Like to post:

goji (September 7th, 2020)

Liked

Canada Healthcare will reimburse you for all medical costs equivalent to what the same treatment would cost in Canada, meaning 100% for most countries we visit unless you get sick somewhere like Singapore or the US.

Best part is, healthcare in British Columbia at least is absolutely free. Used to be sometihng like $67/month, but as of Jan 1st, 2020 they even took that out, so now it's 100% free to all residents. I was even in the ER a few weeks ago, had a whole batter of tests done including blood workup, CT scan, etc. Didn't have to sign anything, let alone pay anything. Got an MRI scheduled shortly as well, and that will be free too. I guess the ambulance ride cost $80, but that's it.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

cdnmatt, surely the outcome of your hospital visit will make a fascinating read however, what the fuck has it to do with Covid insurance for visitors to Thailand?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

I don't know, just bragging about that horrible socialized medicine Americans love to complain about, I guess.

Anywqay, point was Canadians (assuming they have healthcare) are covered for Kovid if visiting Thailand. They will reimburse you for any medical expenses incrred out of contry, up to the price it would cost in Canada. So if in Thailand, that means 100% reimbursement.

7. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (September 12th, 2020)

Liked

...And once again people are posting information that has no basis in fact. I actually have an Elite Visa and have my COE to return next week. Others have already returned and are already in quarantine in Bangkok. Because the Elite Visa office in Bangkok actually takes care of everything, the information is not posted on Thai Embassy websites. This is because they have nothing to do with the actual arrangements in this case. Elite Visa handles the hotel bookings, flight reservations, and everything except getting the COVID-19 test, which I will be getting next Monday. The Certificate of Entry comes directly from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand, not from the Embassies as has been the case for other types of visa holders. So, why are telling a public message board that Elite Visa holders cannot return when you do not know the facts?

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (September 12th, 2020), Maxxy (September 8th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    ...And once again people are posting information that has no basis in fact. I actually have an Elite Visa and have my COE to return next week. Others have already returned and are already in quarantine in Bangkok. Because the Elite Visa office in Bangkok actually takes care of everything, the information is not posted on Thai Embassy websites. This is because they have nothing to do with the actual arrangements in this case. Elite Visa handles the hotel bookings, flight reservations, and everything except getting the COVID-19 test, which I will be getting next Monday. The Certificate of Entry comes directly from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand, not from the Embassies as has been the case for other types of visa holders. So, why are telling a public message board that Elite Visa holders cannot return when you do not know the facts?
    Please do let us know exactly how you get on ....

11. User who gave Like to post:

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I was thinking the 14 days quarantine in Phuket plus another week on Phuket might work to get me to Pattaya until I realised that I would have to fly to Phuket via BKK and then after quarantine get a flight to Pattaya.
    Never mind gerefan2, after taking note of public opinion on Phuket the whole “Phuket Plan” has been abandoned

And in bad news for arsenal who as I recall threatened ritual seppuku if he could not escape those acorn-sized Chinese cocks by Xmas - tourists from China will not be allowed any time soon

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30394111

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    So, why are telling a public message board that Elite Visa holders cannot return when you do not know the facts?
    Because obtaining facts pertaining to matters like this in Thailand is next to impossible. All we can do at this end is read what the newspapers have to say about these Covid-19 travel policies, try to decipher what they're actually saying, shuffle through the numerous contradictions, and draw our own conclusions, based mostly on speculation. Understanding, that the news papers over here are "public" the same as our forum.

You, being an Elite Visa Holder, certainly have more incentive (a million baht more incentive) to get the answers you need so you can return to Thailand, and it sounds like, from what you're saying, you can return with no problem. That's great news.

If you don't mind, could you please tell us what country your coming from, what level Elite Visa you hold, and any other details you feel may be useful to future travelers.

Good luck...hope your arrival next week goes as expected.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Because obtaining facts pertaining to matters like this in Thailand is next to impossible. All we can do at this end is read what the newspapers have to say about these Covid-19 travel policies, try to decipher what they're actually saying, shuffle through the numerous contradictions, and draw our own conclusions, based mostly on speculation. Understanding, that the news papers over here are "public" the same as our forum.

You, being an Elite Visa Holder, certainly have more incentive (a million baht more incentive) to get the answers you need so you can return to Thailand, and it sounds like, from what you're saying, you can return with no problem. That's great news.

If you don't mind, could you please tell us what country your coming from, what level Elite Visa you hold, and any other details you feel may be useful to future travelers.

Good luck...hope your arrival next week goes as expected.
    Hello Dodger and Others;

I am actually from the USA, so don't shoot the messenger! The process for Elite Visa holders is actually quite simple now, but there is a process that is followed. In actually, we do very little other than fill out the request with the Elite office itself. The level of your visa with Elite does not actually matter. What does matter is how long you have had your visa and how long you have been out of the country. Those who have been out since February/March get priority. Those who have just received their visa recently are at the back of the line. Once you put in your request, which included three choices of possible hotels, the Elite office makes all of the arrangements. Once those are confirmed and you get a seat on a flight, then you get the COVID test three days prior. There are several places in my city that does the type of rapid testing that is required to get those results back quickly. In America, all COVID testing is free. Now, some will argue this point, but you can trust me that you can get the test for free just about anywhere, even if you do not have insurance in the States. I will say, and I have no idea why this is the case, but there are actually plenty of repatriation flights from the USA - there were 27 of them last month alone and at least that many scheduled for September. I have heard horror stories of people in Europe not having access to any such flights even if they get approval to get to Thailand, which is not right in my opinion - but it is what it is.

So - that is the process. With the Elite Visa, you do not actually go through the Embassy in the country you are in at all. Everything is done from inside Thailand and you are emailed all of the documents that you need. Our seats (my Thai husband and my retired father) are all booked - along with the hotel. I am rather looking forward to the quarantine - it will be 14 days of 'me' time, but I am sure I will probably get tired of it quite quickly. My father is dreading it, but can't wait to get back home to Thailand. My husband could take it or leave it.

Hopefully this information helps anyone wanting to return and has the Elite Visa. Yes - it is an expensive visa - I understand. But, just like I do not question how other people spend their money, I do not need other people questioning how I spend mine. It is a visa that works for me. It is certainly not for everyone.

Cheers -

16. User who gave Like to post: