Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

I'm amazed at the arrogance of some ....refuse to believe that unless there is "westerrn" involvement or oversight that nothing gpod or reputable can come out of China or Russia.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    I'm amazed at the arrogance of some ....refuse to believe that unless there is "westerrn" involvement or oversight that nothing gpod or reputable can come out of China or Russia.
    Individuals and countries establish their credibility or otherwise over years. We trust statements from people or countries or institutions who have demonstrated their integrity over a period of time. I don't particularly trust my own law breaking British government and I certainly don't trust anyone associated with the Trump Government, but there are individuals and organisations in both countries, including some journalists, who have a record of accurate and factual reporting that is confirmed even in hindsight.

It's hard to say the same thing about Russia or China. Remember the Uighurs and the initial reporting of covid in China. Remember the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the shooting down of MH 17. What us, accusations are politically motivated!

You may even have noticed that the history of credibility or otherwise even applies to posters on anonymous forums. Perhaps you have some experience of this so can feel empathy with those who are not believed!

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (September 11th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Remember the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the shooting down of MH 17.
    1. USA spend almost whole sentury in wars and military conflicts none of which was on US land, none of which was defense, none of which was US busines, and none of which was at next to US country with which US has mutual border. I'm correct?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...ary_operations

Only at last 50 years:
    American_empire4.jpg

2. US withdraw themself from Rome statut and not recognize international criminal court in Haaga because of intervention to Iraq. Now US demands to cancel any researches about roles of US military in Iraq and warning about sanctions to members of court in Haague.

Who are talking about "invasion" of Russians here?

Maybe you would like to talk about NATO member - Turkey - what has now half of Cyprus? Or maybe to talk about Israel and Syrian lands? Or Palestinian lands? Or maybe about Argentina, UK and Falkland Islands?

And about MH17: is it again British "higly likely"? No court decision exists yet.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    We trust statements from people or countries or institutions who have demonstrated their integrity over a period of time.
    Yes-yes. Oh, yes. Continue please. But please let me show you one photo before. And to remind list of members of invasion without UN decision and mandate: United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Poland, Italy, Netherlands

What about Russia? Russia blocked mandate of UN. Germany and France joined Russia.

Attachment 10337
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

No Platformed
    Liked

Yet country after country after country lines up willingly to be a friend of the USA. The only countries Russia or China can count as friends are those they have bought or bullied.

Liked

Neither Russia nor China have any friends.

And Moses. Ah Yes, The UN. That august body of high esteem that saw fit to elect Tunisia, Chile, Uganda and Albania on to its Human Rights Comittee. Mmm.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Neither Russia nor China have any friends.
    "Friends"? In geopolitic? Well, are we still in kindergarten?

There are no friends in politic, only allies and competitors. Now almost every media in world talking about Russia and China. For me that means what Russia and China are top competitors for many countries now. It is good: competition stimulates progress. Note: nobody talks about Gambia or Latvia - they aren't important in geopolitic.

When some politics starts to talk about "friends" I start to watch their hands more closely - at next step they will try to trick you or to ask for discount (in political meaning) or for something for free.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Maybe we should start a sub forum called Politics for these sorts of discussions ? As it can be a real downer on an already down gay board :-( I might be nice it it were a well run bar here where the two "not to be discussed" topics were religion and politics ( oh and of course the other third most obvious topic on a Thai board which is SO not to be spoken about I wont be mention it !

Dont get me wrong too it is interesting sometimes reading all the differing views and basically reading us in the West saying Russia and China and "at it" and Moses then replying with "HA, you think we're bad, look at yourselves!" - and then both parties going on to throw a bit of mud to back that up. It is interesting though as it does show how we are ALL programmed to think our own Countries are basically the best / right etc, when in reality NONE of them are probably that great and all equally as bad as each other in various ways.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (September 11th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Who are talking about "invasion" of Russians here?
    I assume you are not trying to claim that Russia didn't invade Ukraine and it is all a conspiracy spread by interfering westerners, so
    I am not sure I am following the point you are trying to make here -

- a biblical "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

- some other countries have done bad things as well, so this negates Russia's "badness" in invading Ukraine
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

For some light relief and as tthe permanent tension here mirrors that in the real world may I recommend the following films.

The Journey.
    A fictionalized journey taken together by Ian Paisley and Martin Mcguinness. Funny and brutal it pulls no punches for either side. A superbly comic portrayal of Tony Blair, part buffoon and part arch schemer. The accents might be hard for some of you to follow..

The Death of Stalin
    Armando Iannucci's blisteringly funny satire set during the days after genial Uncle Joe drops dead. Stand out performances throughout it's a glorious ride through the pure paranoia of dictatorship.