Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

Alas that seems not to be the case perhaps .....

“U.S. says it won’t join WHO-linked effort to develop, distribute coronavirus vaccine”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...outputType=amp

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    one of the analogies I have seen is if you desperatly want a pizza delived within a very limited time frame ordering from multiple pizza places is more likely to ensure success
    That's a fair analogy, however the probability of a pizza arriving is much higher than the probability of a vaccine succeeding, hence it's even more important to have multiple irons in the fire with the vaccine.

Liked

Sticker on the door of pharmacy in Moscow (in Russian): "Welcome to buy vaccine against COVID-19 here". As per local newspapers vaccine is in pharmacies since Monday September 7. I didn't check it myself.

Russian letters ДЗМ on the yellow plate with pharmacy name and working hours shows what this pharmacy is owned by city's departament of health (i.e. it is state owned pharmacy with fixed prices)

d5e54f68385affc2165810b10f061097.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

So they SELL the vaccine in parallell with running a phase 3 equivalent trial of 40,000 people ?

I suppose whatever Mr Putin wants happens.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    So they SELL the vaccine in parallell with running a phase 3 equivalent trial of 40,000 people ?

I suppose whatever Mr Putin wants happens.
    Yes. Phase 3 is about effectiveness, not about safety. State here warrants safety since this vector already been tested for 5+ years in SARS and Ebola vaccines. The only exclusions are kids and pregnant - this vector wasn't tested with them. People 60+ are welcome to phase 3 as well. Notes in boxes have words: "Safety: safe, effectiveness: unknown".

I think what in situation when owned by Moscow city manufacturing plant has power to produce 1.5 mln doses per month, they made small bunch of vaccine, but it was bigger than 40.000 for test, so they sell rest of the bunch via state pharmacies with warning "effectiveness unknown".
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

No Platformed
    Liked

Criticisms have been made of the interpretation of the data that’s been presented - it doesn’t make sense:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/leahros...vaccine-trial/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Criticisms have been made of the interpretation of the data that’s been presented - it doesn’t make sense:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/leahros...vaccine-trial/
    Is it about that Lancet? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lancet#Controversies

Liked

"one of the analogies I have seen is if you desperatly want a pizza delived within a very limited time frame ordering from multiple pizza places is more likely to ensure success - perhaps a bit simplistic because if a pizza from you preferred supplier arrives cold, half cooked or missing most of the toppings it is perhaps salvagable, but more of a problem for a vaccine that turns out to be not effective or causes serious side effects!"

At least the pizzas are going in the oven now.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    the paper published in The Lancet was not written by The Lancet, it was written by the actual Russian authors of the study, and the data in the paper was supplied and interpreted by these Russian authors, and it is this data and interpretation that is being questioned in the linked Forbes article

probably the closest match-case "Lancet controversy" from your linked Wikipedia article is the Study on hydroxychloroquine (2020), about a paper published in The Lancet - again not written by The Lancet but written by the actual authors of the study, and the data in the paper was supplied and interpreted by these authors, but after increasing questioning of the quality and relaibility of this data by other reviewers the paper authors, and eventually The Lancet, retracted the paper

I may be missing something obvious here, so perhaps you can explain why you think your linked Wikipedia article supports your case of supporting the Russian study while discrediting The Lancet, or is this just typical of the links you throw out hoping people won't read so they will still be swayed by your claims

if I was going to be "cheap' I would suggest posting these links on facebook or a rural forum in Russia or Canada ...
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (September 11th, 2020), goji (September 11th, 2020), Khor tose (September 11th, 2020)

Liked

bkkguy,
    I am puzzled by Moses' reply. Almost all Journals, not just the Lancet, are published this way. Are the Journals different in Russia or has the training of the FSB fallen to a new low?