Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

Liked

Re: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

I already have a number of subscriptions to internationally recognised news sources so I don't really want to take out a subscription to the Wall Street Journal just to read the article you have linked to - perhaps you could include one or two quotes from the article that specifically address your comment I queried above

also, I am not sure why you are asking me about rural Canadians forums - I am an Australian currently living in Bangkok posting on a Thailand oriented forum and have no experience of rural Canadians forums, or rural Russian forums for that matter, but I am not unfamiliar with typical "redneck" postings, and if you want to talk about "cheap" who introduced "redneck" into this discussion?
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This will please ( and perhaps not surprise Moses) - but maybe will surprise / please / annoy a few others perhaps......

From a study just published by The Lancet - "Russia’s potential coronavirus vaccine shows ‘no serious adverse’ effects and creates antibody response

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/04/russian-coronavirus-vaccine-shows-no-serious-side-effects-lancet-says.html

Should be noted that the trial was only on 76 test patients so I guess the real test will be when it's realised to the mass public, but for now it's looking good.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry I should have clarified on my above post - the article was IN the Lancet and it was merely quoting the results "as reported by several Russian Scientists" ( rather than the Lancet having carried out the tests themselves or reporting on that from tests being undertaken in another Country etc.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    This will please ( and perhaps not surprise Moses) - but maybe will surprise / please / annoy a few others perhaps......

From a study just published by The Lancet - "Russia’s potential coronavirus vaccine shows ‘no serious adverse’ effects and creates antibody response

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/04/russian-coronavirus-vaccine-shows-no-serious-side-effects-lancet-says.html

Should be noted that the trial was only on 76 test patients so I guess the real test will be when it's realised to the mass public, but for now it's looking good.
    This is not a great surprise, as Mr Putin would hardly be pushing the vaccine if the early phase trial results were poor.

They now need to do a large scale trial, as vaccines affect different people in different ways. That's why the Russians are organizing a phase 3 trial just like everone else who has had good results in the first stage.

I hope this vaccine succeeds.
    However, it's just starting phase 3 trials and so far there are already 8 other vaccines at this stage.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Absolutely crazy mind you that the Worlds Governments and scientific bodies dont / can't get together on this to come up with ONE vaccine that WORKS - and yes certainly test run several others at the same time to give themselves a backup position if it doesn't. But to have all these various Countries competing AGAINST each other when they should all be working for the sake of mankind as a whole seems so wrong. But yes of course I'm fully aware that money talks and so it IS a race to the post to gain economic and political advantage etc but still, you'd think for once they could set that aside for the good of the rest of us ( and more importantly for those of use who NEED to travel again before we go stir crazy at home ! ) How very inconsiderate of them !

Liked

I am positive the Russian vaccine will work. Donald Trump's continued good health is living proof that it works. I am sure that after Donald whispered Covfefe in Putin's ear, he was given a dose, and that explains how this a...... can get away with not wearing a mask.

7. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (September 6th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

u all gonna have to apologise to Moses...just saying...

No Platformed
    Liked

It’s a lengthy article on why the Russian vaccine is probably safe but equally probably won’t work for many of us

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...-early-trials/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Absolutely crazy mind you that the Worlds Governments and scientific bodies dont / can't get together on this to come up with ONE vaccine that WORKS - and yes certainly test run several others at the same time to give themselves a backup position if it doesn't. But to have all these various Countries competing AGAINST each other when they should all be working for the sake of mankind as a whole seems so wrong.
    In most cases, they are not competing and there is an element of cooperation between many countries. Possibly less cooperation when the leaders are Putin and Xi, but otherwise there is cooperation.

Also, given the failure rate for vaccine development, I think it's a damn good idea that there are over a hundered of them under development (or whatever the figure is).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    In most cases, they are not competing and there is an element of cooperation between many countries. Possibly less cooperation when the leaders are Putin and Xi, but otherwise there is cooperation.
    or Trump as he has announced the US will not be joining COVAX, a global initiative aimed at working with vaccine manufacturers to provide countries worldwide equitable access to safe and effective vaccines, once they are licensed and approved - though to be fair "medical experts" don't necessarily all agree that COVAX's policies are the only, or even the best, ways of ensuring the most "equitable" distribution of vaccine doses! though Trump's response seems to be solely based on WHO involvement!

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Also, given the failure rate for vaccine development, I think it's a damn good idea that there are over a hundered of them under development (or whatever the figure is).
    one of the analogies I have seen is if you desperatly want a pizza delived within a very limited time frame ordering from multiple pizza places is more likely to ensure success - perhaps a bit simplistic because if a pizza from you preferred supplier arrives cold, half cooked or missing most of the toppings it is perhaps salvagable, but more of a problem for a vaccine that turns out to be not effective or causes serious side effects!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!