Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

Liked

Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

Vaccination (Sputnik V) against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow.

City offers free vaccination to everyone who wants + free additional health insurance in exchange to daily temperature measurement and reporting at next 3 months. Limitations: 18+, must live in Moscow, no pregnancy, no cancer, no flu right now and at past 2 weeks, no ready immunity to COVID. 60+ are allowed.

Vaccination will be provided in September for 40000 persons only (besides vaccination of medics and teachers) as a post-registration effectiveness test. City officially announced what vaccine is "totally safe for health".

https://www.mos.ru/city/projects/covid-19/vaccine/ (Rus lang)
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

...guess we will know within the next month or so if it works...and if it does Pattaya will be flooded with tourists once again...and just in time to escape the northern winter

Liked

Google Chrome does a very readable translation of the Russian site.

Here's an extract:

"Recruitment of applicants is underway
    Become an applicant for a vaccine post-marketing clinical trial. We invite 40,000 people."

Note the use of the word "trial" and the sample size of 40,000 people.
    This sounds rather like a phase 3 trial, like those which have been running for other vaccines for a few months.

I presume Mr Putin thinks it will be credible to describe the vaccine as "licensed" for his domestic audience, when all he's done is redefine "licensed" to a pre-phase 3 stage. The educated Russians will mostly see straight through this.
    What we're NOT going to see is 10 million people vaccinated in October, as they're going to wait for some results from this trial just like with every other vaccine.

Liked

Unhappy Re: Vaccination against COVID starts at September 5 in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    City officially announced what vaccine is "totally safe for health".
    I hope nobody actually believes that. This is a phase 3 clinical trial, hence they can't say with confidence that is' safe, because they don't know.

Same bullshit as what the US and China are doing, rushing way too much, and may end up killing 20 million people in the process. I guess just today the CDC sent out urgent letters to all 50 states in the US telling them to ensure they have vaccination distribution centers 100% operational by Nov 1st, even if it requires bypassing some regulations and pre-cautions. What's really troubling about that is two of the vaccine candidates in the US are required to be transported and stored with dry ice at a temperature of -63C (-80F), so no idea how the US govt expects that to happen across all 50 states.

To each their own, but I'm waiting until proper phase 3 clinical trials are completed, the data is publicly available, and enough highly reputable doctors have have given it the green light before I take any vaccine. For example, they rushed a vaccine for the swine flu back in 2009, and a bunch of people ended up paralyzed due to taking it, and they're rushing the KoVid vaccine far more so.

We already have more than enough anti-vaxers (sp) in the world. Last thing we need is to fuck up a KoVid vaccine that gets widely distributed, then tons of people will stop taking all vaccines altogether, then we'll be in a real mess.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I hope nobody actually believes that. This is a phase 3 clinical trial, hence they can't say with confidence that is' safe, because they don't know.
    They know for sure - they have this vector since 2016: it is the same vector what been used in their already tested many times vaccine against Ebola. Only vector has influence on safety because it is live virus. Attached to it small part of killed COVID-19 virus can't be dangerous.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

cdnmatt...u gotta be living under a rock if u think that the US or any western country is unable to keep "stuff" at -63 degrees and transport it...easy peasy...not even a challenge...

Liked

They know for sure - they have this vector since 2016: it is the same vector what been used in their already tested many times vaccine against Ebola. Only vector has influence on safety because it is live virus. Attached to it small part of killed COVID-19 virus can't be dangerous.
    And yet EVERY covid vector vaccine is having small trial, followed by a large scale phase 3 style trial with tens of thousands of people. That includes the Russian vector vaccine.
    The Russian phase 3 trial starts in September, so 3 months later than the UK vector vaccine.

What really counts is when a vaccine reaches the stage where it can be delivered to >> 100 million people in several countries. No vaccine is at that level yet.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    cdnmatt...u gotta be living under a rock if u think that the US or any western country is unable to keep "stuff" at -63 degrees and transport it...easy peasy...not even a challenge...
    Obviously, they can transport and store items at -63C, but not at that scale. It's not like every clinic out there has a freezer that can store hundreds of thousands of vials with dry ice at -63C.

330 million doses across all 50 states and cities? No, the US doesn't have that capacity.

Liked

Only vector has influence on safety because it is live virus. Attached to it small part of killed COVID-19 virus can't be dangerous.
    your clinical evidence supporting this is?

because most of the studies I have seen from the attempts to develop human vaccines to the original human SARS virus and attempts in the veterinary field to develop vaccines for corona viruses in domesticated animals suggested the possibility of hypersensitivity to SARS-CoV components and other complications in vaccinated individuals when exposed to the virus in the community

and there is no lack of articles in the western medical literature about the disasters that have occurred with the rushed mass production and distribution of vaccines generally

and there is no lack of articles in the western medical literature recently about the possible adverse consequences specifically of rushing a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, but I am sure you, and/or Putin and I suspect Donald Trump, have access to research and local expert opinion that I in my limited access in the west have no access to
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (September 3rd, 2020), goji (September 4th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    but I am sure you, and/or Putin and I suspect Donald Trump, have access to research and local expert opinion that I in my limited access in the west have no access to
    wow... how cheap you are... usually such behavior show rednecks from rural Russian forums... at rural Canadians forums are the same?

about topic: https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...st-11599039001