Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to for Christmas....?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Where to for Christmas....?

Surely, shall await his trip report with bated breath, though it won’t be in the Thailand part of this group.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    The deposit has been lowered to 2kUSD, and it's in case one of the passengers on the plane is positive, then all passengers will have to pass two weeks state quarantine and that 2kUSD is to pay for accommodation, food and medical examination/treatment.

Cambodia is my plan for November unless something changes to the positive. I hope Cambodian embassy in Berlin hands out business visa without asking questions, and I'm prepared to do two weeks home quarantine in Cambodia
    I'd assumed the Khmer authorities would snaffle your $2000 or 3000. There is a huge financial incentive for them to decide someone failed the test and they pocket a plane load of deposits.

Here's a report of someone in an Cambodia quarantine camp: https://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/...p?f=14&t=71013
    I extracted a picture of one of the bedrooms (below). It's rather basic, but at least it looks slightly nicer than Tuol Sleng.

The other question is how long would I stay in Cambodia ? I've been there 5 times and quite like it, but it's a compact country. Phnom Penh, Siem Reap & Sihanoukville are OK. In some other places like Battambang,Kep, Kampot etc there's not much to do.
    Guess I could push it out to a couple of months.
    If the boys are no longer in Jomtien Complex, perhaps Cambodia might be like the old days, where one could walk into somewhere like Linga bar and find about a dozen cute lads looking for a farang.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

colmx (September 2nd, 2020), seenus (September 2nd, 2020), TaoR (September 3rd, 2020)

Liked

Cambodia is my plan for November unless something changes to the positive. I hope Cambodian embassy in Berlin hands out business visa without asking questions, and I'm prepared to do two weeks home quarantine in Cambodia (a friend lives there and keeps me updated, there are hotels that are eligible starting from 15 USD per night; whereas in Bangkok - moot point as I'm not eligible - numbers of 60 kTHB are reported for ASQ).

I mentioned many times that Cambodia is not among my preferred places in SEAsia, but if I can't get anywhere else, she will have to do. The good point is that I know several boys from Thailand who are now back in Cambodia and all are very eager to meet me, and so am I.
    Colombia yes if they are open and Brazil experiences positive (however in that case I might better go back to Brazil), Cuba ditto.
    Christian, it seems your only concerns are the difficulties in getting to some countries and no mention of the risk to your health. I believe you are not in the high risk bracket ( over 60 years of age ) and you are probably in good general health,but even so, younger people are also getting infected and suffer severe side effects. Although the majority of infected younger people experience little or no symptoms, hopefully you don't get infected.
    Cambodia has been lucky with very low infection rates and associated deaths ,so in that regard its not a bad choice, once you are aware of all the pitfalls if things go wrong.
    Brazil and Colombia are in a different situation, they both have very high infection rates and deaths, even at your age you should consider carefully.

5. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (September 2nd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    I believe you are not in the high risk bracket ( over 60 years of age ) and you are probably in good general health,but even so, younger people are also getting infected and suffer severe side effects. Although the majority of infected younger people experience little or no symptoms, hopefully you don't get infected.

I have to disagree, and find that type of mindset quite selfish and disrespectful. I'm in a low risk category myself -- 38yo Canadian, 5'8", 140lbs, and overall quite healthy. Quit smoking back in March due to KoVid so lungs are much clearer now, excercise daily, eat good enough, and basically never get sick. I think the last time I got natrually sick that was not self-inflicted / preventable was back when I was 23 and got strepthroat while living in Toronto.

Nonetheless, just because there's a pretty slim chance I would die if infected, that doesn't give me the right to go galvanting around the world during a once in a century global pandemic. Just because I might not die, doesn't mean I wouldn't spread it and kill a decent handful of people that otherwise would have never died. I find it selfish. This is probably one of the only times in our lives we've ever been asked to come together as one to protect each other, and the only thing that is being asked from us is to sit on our ass, be lazy, drink some beer, and play on the computer or whatever. It's really not that big of an ask.

Same with all these anti-mask protests you see. Quit acting like spoiled 10 year old brats people, and just put a damn mask on. It's really not that big of a deal. Grab some of those reusable / washable cloth masks that you can tighten. They're excellent, and not that hot at all nor give any discomfort.

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (September 4th, 2020), Blueskytoday (September 2nd, 2020), Dax (September 12th, 2020), Dodger (September 2nd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I have to disagree, and find that type of mindset quite selfish and disrespectful.

Nonetheless, just because there's a pretty slim chance I would die if infected, that doesn't give me the right to go galvanting around the world during a once in a century global pandemic. Just because I might not die, doesn't mean I wouldn't spread it and kill a decent handful of people that otherwise would have never died. I find it selfish. This is probably one of the only times in our lives we've ever been asked to come together as one to protect each other, and the only thing that is being asked from us is to sit on our ass, be lazy, drink some beer, and play on the computer or whatever. It's really not that big of an ask.
    cdnmatt your concern for others is commendable and I wish that attitude was prevalent in every country , but its not and far from it.
    Any posts I have made regarding Covid-19 were made with the assumption that the age group here is in the high risk category. I'm sure there are exceptions, I think Christian is one. I assume also Christian is not Covid-19 positive at present, and therefore unable to spread anything...except his money...ahem! Before he departs and when he lands in Cambodia I believe...he has to present a medical certificate proving he has tested negative within a certain time frame from departure date. If anyone on his flight is tested positive he will be quarantined. If Christian was travelling knowing he had Covid-19 I'd agree with you,but I doubt thats the case. If anything he is the one taking the risk, and a very big risk at that,but its only my opinion. He is probably fed up only meeting *Jack Meoff every night !

*bkkguy...again! LOL

9. User who gave Like to post:

goji (September 2nd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I'd assumed the Khmer authorities would snaffle your $2000 or 3000. There is a huge financial incentive for them to decide someone failed the test and they pocket a plane load of deposits.

Here's a report of someone in an Cambodia quarantine camp: https://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/...p?f=14&t=71013
    I extracted a picture of one of the bedrooms (below). It's rather basic, but at least it looks slightly nicer than Tuol Sleng.

The other question is how long would I stay in Cambodia ? I've been there 5 times and quite like it, but it's a compact country. Phnom Penh, Siem Reap & Sihanoukville are OK. In some other places like Battambang,Kep, Kampot etc there's not much to do.
    Guess I could push it out to a couple of months.
    If the boys are no longer in Jomtien Complex, perhaps Cambodia might be like the old days, where one could walk into somewhere like Linga bar and find about a dozen cute lads looking for a farang.
    Nobody pockets the money directly, it will be used for accommodation, food, medical test. However the room you show is certainly not worth 30 (?) USD per night and I expect the three meals per day for 30 (?) are not worth it either. Before submitting myself to the risk of state quarantine in Cambodia at the costs, I would research home many airplanes arrived and how many were infected.

I think I could stay in Cambodia a few months. 14 days quarantine anyway, and then meeting a few boys and a bit of travel, and then converting to what I do in Germany: reading, internet, study Chinese; with the benefit of tropical climate and available boys, and the disadvantage of no household like now with my parents or in my room in Bangkok.

I know two Khmer boys I met in Thailand and who are now in Cambodia.

I'm not afraid of covid. I protect only to comply with government requirements. After return from Brazil, there would be a month at home for preparation and rest before going to Cambodia.

Liked

Nobody pockets the money directly
    This is Cambodia, where the corruption is quite a bit worse than Thailand. I'd be working on the assumption that my money could be taken at any level in the chain from the person behind the counter all the way up to Hun Sen.

Like you, I'd want to research who else has been there and whether or not they got their money back.

Ignoring corruption and assuming an infection rate of 0.04%, that gives about a 1 in 5 chance of someone getting infected, if you (somehow) managed to get a direct 777 flight to Phnom Penh.
    Pre-Covid, I didn't think there were direct flights from the UK to Cambodia, but perhaps Germany or France might be OK.

I'll keep an eye on the Cambodia option, but there is no need to panic about the winter holiday just yet.

Liked

I see Sri Lanka mentioned earlier. Anyone know if it is as cruisy now as I read it always used to be?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

After seeing the picture that goji posted of the quarantine room in Cambodia - anyone who would volunteer to be jailed there for 14 days has to be fucking nuts.

Liked

Yes. It's a young offenders institution. Even Pataya wouldn't tempt me. I was locked down for 14 days in my own apartnent with loads of space, a balcony, decent internet, all my own stuff and people to bring me anything I wanted and that while not bad was bad enough.