Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Where to for Christmas....?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Where to for Christmas....?

Interesting to read of the desirable locations around the world where, in the event of Thailand still being shut for business, members can escape the madness that is Christmas in the UK. So, where to go: Brazil, Colombia, Morocco, Tunisia, Kerala, Goa (India will almost certainly not be open)?

Like so many of you, I'm struggling to decide on an alternative, as I don't think Thailand will be open for business this side of April at the earliest. So, where do we go that will offer warmth, value for money and "good" adonis-like company?

Tunisia has always had a certain reputation and is less intimidating than Morocco, which has changed beyond all recognition from the glory (hole) days of freeport Tangier (where it was not unusual to find Kenneth Williams sunbathing on the beach in a suit: similarly with Ronnie Kray)! In Tunisia I contracted dreadful poisoning courtesy of water melon rinsed under the hotel tap!! South America beckons, but where? I hear scary stories about Rio and its muggings etc. Argentina? Yes, but have they haven't forgotten our sinking of the Belgrano and will they seek revenge in the sauna?

What about Myanmar? Cambodia Taiwan? Taiwan - now there's an idea! I've never been because I get off Eva Air at BKK, but I do read some interesting reports.

Perhaps I should just accept the fact that this year it's going to be another cloudy, chilly winter with relatives in Gloucester, listening to Slade belting out their stuff in the supermarket, dying slowly in an unheated village church at midnight while singing the same old dross and watching the Sallie Army freezing their cornets off standing in the town centre, wishing they hadn't joined. My idea of listening to the 'Queen' on Christmas Day is enjoying the banter of an elderly actor friend (who once kissed Larry Olivier), recounting a selection of various gay sojourns that would have made William Burroughs and Robin Maugham blush!

Any ideas? Please send me a message, as I'm rapidly running out of them and beginning to panic.

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 31st, 2020), colmx (August 31st, 2020), francois (August 31st, 2020), Lovechef (September 2nd, 2020), Smiles (August 31st, 2020), snotface (August 31st, 2020)