Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alexei Navalny is taken off a Russian plane

Liked

Re: Alexei Navalny is taken off a Russian plane

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...r-putin-needs/

Another martyr for democracy is the last thing Vladimir Putin needs
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    (serious question) Are there any political leaders / campaigners in Russia who ARENT both of the above things as if so we rarely hear about them here in the west.
    Yes. "Yabloko" (Apple) party. They even are in Parliament (Duma).
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes and just like Trump Boris isnt behind the door using the LGBT community when it suits him too - below is just one article from Business Insider magazine, there are plenty examples of same across the internet. So whilst he may not actively vote us down ( as that wouldn’t be the smart thing to do just now) I doubt for a second that he’s an LGBT supporter. But I do accept in the last few years he has supported various pieces of important legislation, as to whether that was as he believed in it or it was useful for him to do so for his own purposes I guess we’ll never know.

“ Writing in the Spectator in 2000, Johnson attacked what he called "Labour's appalling agenda, encouraging the teaching of homosexuality in schools, and all the rest of it."
    In his 2001 book "Friends, Voters, Countrymen," Johnson compared gay marriage to bestiality, writing that "If gay marriage was OK – and I was uncertain on the issue – then I saw no reason in principle why a union should not be consecrated between three men, as well as two men, or indeed three men and a dog."

There was even more explicit homophobia. As Business Insider previously revealed, in a 1998 Telegraph column about Peter Mandelson's resignation from the Labour government, Johnson said the announcement would lead to the blubbing of "tank-topped bumboys" in "the Ministry of Sound" nightclub, and "the soft-lit Soho drinking clubs frequented by Mandy and his pals."

He added that Mandelson's departure would cause the "lipstick" to come away from Blair's government.

In a separate Telegraph column Johnson also bewailed attempts to increase equality at the BBC for gay people.

"It must be a spoof," he wrote. "In my hand was a magazine from something called the BBC Resources Equal Opportunities Unit. There were letters from gays asking about their "partner's" right to a BBC pension.“

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...r-putin-needs/

Another martyr for democracy is the last thing Vladimir Putin needs
    The interesting point is that he thinks Putin can't fiddle an election sufficiently to overcome an avalanche of opposition. I hope that idea is tested soon and proves to be correct.