Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless Boys

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Homeless Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Since starting this thread, 2 of the homeless boys I referred to are now dead.
    Thats terrible and THOSE guys are exactly the people that such food lines should be there to help when they need it most and its beyond sad that somewhere those boys seem to have fallen between the cracks and failed to get the help they needed.

I wonder though did some of the undoubted free loaders who queue up at such events for THEIR "free food” - whether they really NEED it or not - literally take the food out of the mouths of the likes of those boys who REALLY needed it - and THAT is and was was my point ! :-(

"For some reason I didn't feel motivated to post this, but when I read the thread today related to the Food Line in Pattaya, including some of the responses to that thread, I felt inclined to share this.
    Hmmm well If talking about my earlier post there all I can say is that from your earlier posts on the subject it seems that we're not perhaps just as far removed from each others view as it might appear, as it seems we’re both confirming the fact that not all people who queue for free anything are always the people most in need....

Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    "Several weeks ago food lines for the poor were common in Pattaya bars"

I know, the "Balloon Chasers" were in seventh heaven...LOL.

2. User who gave Like to post:

goji (June 8th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Thats terrible and THOSE guys are exactly the people that such food lines should be there to help when they need it most and its beyond sad that somewhere those boys seem to have fallen between the cracks and failed to get the help they needed.

I wonder though did some of the undoubted free loaders who queue up at such events for THEIR "free food” - whether they really NEED it or not - literally take the food out of the mouths of the likes of those boys who REALLY needed it - and THAT is and was was my point ! :-(
    On my extensive walks around Pattaya earlier in the year, I did notice quite a few homeless people who look in desperate condition and in need of some food and decent clothing. These are exactly the type of people who would ideally be helped by food handouts.

However, looking at the video posted earlier and my own photos of such queues from earlier in the year, I don't see the queues comprising of the skinny malnourished homeless types who need the help the most.
    No doubt some in the queues need a meal, so it's good that they get the chance.
    However a few others could benefit from skipping a few meals to get their weight down. Maybe the latter types would be described by certain members as balloon chasers, but only if they were farang.

So I think you are right on all accounts. Don't worry about the emotional and irrational types who don't read posts properly before replying.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    On my extensive walks around Pattaya earlier in the year …
    8B7E70FB-DC15-4BC0-A505-904218A9AF45.jpg

Liked

I'm happy to report that the situation in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap is better. Homeless are slim, but not emaciated. As far as I can judge, those homeless now were homeless before Covid, and everyone unemployed due to Covid seems to have found somewhere to sleep and something to eat.

One of my friends here has been unemployed for a while, and there were problems getting back to his hometown, so I offered him to pay for a stay in a temple (at least that's what I think, that everyone can got to a temple to have a roof and some food and some occupation), he vehemently refused the idea of going to a temple and managed without my help (or little help, on average 20 USD per month).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's impossible to determine who needs a free handout in a food line more just by looking at a video, but, there's no doubt (in my mind anyway) that the people who need the help the most aren't the ones standing in these lines, they're the ones who can't make it to the line.

I'm just an average person riding around town on my motorbike and I call see where help is needed the most just by opening my fucking eyes. When you see a distraught looking person that's been reduced to a skeleton - sleeping on a filthy sidewalk with the pigeons...HE NEEDS THE HELP THE MOST. The ONLY time the police (or any other government sponsors) pitch in and do anything for these people, is when they're called to remove the body, and they only do that because they have to. THIS IS FACT. These people are nothing more than cowards who want to project themselves as community hero's. It's beyond appalling. It's a disgrace.

Having got that off my chest, I've decided to increase the amount of support I provide to the homeless going forward.

If anyone else wants to do the same, the areas that I know about where homeless are surviving in South Pattaya include the following:

Dong Tan Beach: In front of the parking lot living on the sand (1 family). Behind the parking lot living between the buildings (random boys). Far end of Dong Tan (just past Pattaya Park) living on the sand (random boys).

Sunee Plaza Area: Soi Yensabai (2 homeless) next the where Two Guys Guest House was before. Soi Sunee, in front of Euro Boys Gogo (1 homeless).

Soi Day/Night Area: (1 homeless) in front of old Flamingo Hotel if he's still alive.

7. 9 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (June 9th, 2021), AdamKY (June 10th, 2021), Armando (June 11th, 2021), Blueskytoday (June 9th, 2021), francois (June 9th, 2021), Josan (June 10th, 2021), Kenny (June 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 10th, 2021), splinter1949 (June 11th, 2021)

Liked

Dodger
    The boy at Dong Tan - was he tallish boy called Nut/Note ?
    I gave a homeless boy (;at the alley similar to your description v) some money last Dec when I was there

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm just an average person riding around town on my motorbike and I call see where help is needed the most just by opening my fucking eyes. When you see a distraught looking person that's been reduced to a skeleton - sleeping on a filthy sidewalk with the pigeons...HE NEEDS THE HELP THE MOST. The ONLY time the police (or any other government sponsors) pitch in and do anything for these people, is when they're called to remove the body, and they only do that because they have to. THIS IS FACT. These people are nothing more than cowards who want to project themselves as community hero's. It's beyond appalling. It's a disgrace.
    So you were joyriding on your motorbike and you happen to "see" this homeless people and made all the above assumptions, because, according to you, one only has to look to know everything? How do you know help wasn't offered and it was declined? There is a huge debate surrounding homelessness and why some people choose to remain homeless. I'm not saying the people you saw with your X-ray vision chose to be homeless; all I'm saying is that unless you've spoken to every homeless individual you saw, every assistance provider, be they private or public, the only truthful response you can come up with is you don't know why. So what you're saying is NOT a fact no matter how thunderous your chest beating and indignance on an anonymous forum is.

And, as for wanting to be a community hero, well...

Having got that off my chest, I've decided to increase the amount of support I provide to the homeless going forward.
    How will that make them go forward, so to speak? There's also debate that giving the homeless money might keep them on the streets longer, fuel drug and alcohol habits, etc. Perhaps the best thing one could do is to tell these people that the good ol' days are never coming back and things in Pattaya - or anywhere else for that matter - are not going to get better anytime soon and it is best for them to move on and, if they do stay on the streets, they are going to die. But if they do move on, I guess the wannabe virtual community heroes won't have much to vent about - collateral damage we can all live with, I'm sure.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    On my extensive walks around Pattaya earlier in the year, I did notice quite a few homeless people who look in desperate condition and in need of some food and decent clothing.
    I've always noticed homeless people in Thailand. Perhaps they have become more visible in Pattaya because everything else is dead or dying and the eyes and ears are no longer being distracted by sashaying prostitutes calling out "Hey hansum man, I want go with you!"

Seriously, perhaps they were always there and one never noticed because one's mind and wallet were preoccupied with other things. Oliver might protest, but one only has to read this forum to know that most members don't go to Pattaya to commit acts of charity.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MikaQ5 View Post
    Dodger
    The boy at Dong Tan - was he tallish boy called Nut/Note ?
    I gave a homeless boy (;at the alley similar to your description v) some money last Dec when I was there
    Mike, he was a bit on the tall side for a Thai...dark complexion...I'm guessing between 20-22 years old...but I didn't know his name. His companion and constant sidekick on the Beach was Nat who used to work at Nice Boys back in the day if that helps. Nat is also homeless now.

Liked

I wonder … and have no idea or way to know for sure … how the over-riding issue of FACE impacts on homelessness being discussed here. FACE affects everything here so it must influence homelessness as well. Certainly would seem to affect the answer to the question "are you homeless?"