Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Homeless Boys

Liked

Re: Homeless Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Mike, he was a bit on the tall side for a Thai...dark complexion...I'm guessing between 20-22 years old...but I didn't know his name. His companion and constant sidekick on the Beach was Nat who used to work at Nice Boys back in the day if that helps. Nat is also homeless now.
    Dodger the guy I am thinking is in his late 20's ( I know him 10 + years ☺️) and fair skinned for a Thai so it doesn't sound like the lad you know has died
    It's a hard life for any of them tho

Forum's veteran
    Liked

matt...the vancouver 12k experiment...got any independant data apart from your assertions??? from my experience in the western world the vast majoruty have drug addictions and or / mental healthn issues.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I believe this is the study that Matt may be referring to - it actually mentions the figure as $7.5K rather than $12k - but we'll allow a little wiggle room there perhaps.....

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p096h...ome-experiment

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    matt...the vancouver 12k experiment...got any independant data apart from your assertions??? from my experience in the western world the vast majoruty have drug addictions and or / mental healthn issues.
    First, thanks NIrish, saved me from searching.

And of course lots have drug addictions, they ended up homeless! Many times they're using drugs because they ended up homeless, and not the other way around. However, when some researchers showed up and said, "here's a good lump sum of money, no strings attached, talk to you in a year", quite obviously from the results of that study many of them thought to themselves this is the opportunity of a lifetime and a second change, so best to put down the H and make the most of this.

It was just an experiment to show that a little help can go a long way many times, and once someone ends up as homeless, it's very very difficult to get out.

Do you expect these people to pull themselves up from their bootstraps, or something? heh, that's a phrase that has been completely perverted over the decades. Comes from the 1920s / 30s, and was used by advocates of organized labor, unions, minimum wage, work safety regulations, et al. It was used as a condascending phrase against the factory owners and others in the owner class.

Kind of, "what do these rich assholes expect? us to pull ourselves from our bootstraps, or something?". That's the point of the phrase... you can bend over and pull on your bootstraps all you want, you're not getting up.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I believe this is the study that Matt may be referring to - it actually mentions the figure as $7.5K rather than $12k - but we'll allow a little wiggle room there perhaps.....

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p096h...ome-experiment
    Similar outcomes have been described in those places that have implemented the idea of a Basic Income which may indicate the concept should be more generally applied. As I've said before I maintain a number of sexual partners, each of whom receives from me what I regard as a basic income which they are able to supplement by freelancing, working as a waiter or in Starbucks or a 9-11 etcetera.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MikaQ5 View Post

Dodger the guy I am thinking is in his late 20's ( I know him 10 + years ☺️) and fair skinned for a Thai so it doesn't sound like the lad you know has died
    It's a hard life for any of them tho
    Mike, if the boy you're referring to is a bit tall with a light complexion, that sounds like Nat.

Nat was a constant companion of the deceased boy as I mentioned before. I just saw him last week wandering the beachfront wearing blue jean shorts - so short that they exposed the cheeks of his ass. A seasoned survivor.

7. User who gave Like to post:

goji (June 16th, 2021)

Liked

I've also come across homeless people in Pattaya who seem to be clearly suffering from consequences of their own making (usually drug or alcohol related) who seem to have no problem begging for money. Right or wrong, I never make any donations to these people.
    Obviously, you decide who you help or not. But I wouldn't be so fast to judge when talking about who is to blame for their misfortune. As an example, a boy I helped on many occasions, mostly with clothes and food and some time with money, was clearly on drugs. His story was as rough as they come. At a very young age...we are talking prepub here, he was taken to Bangkok to work in a private sex club. The rest I leave to your imagination.

I hated the way he was treated by some people in Sunnee.

The 2 boys you mentioned who died. Of course, I have no clue, but I can very well imagine that even people in their situation gravitate to drugs. Only to try to escape the harsh reality of their daily struggles.

9. 5 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (June 19th, 2021), Dodger (June 19th, 2021), francois (June 17th, 2021), Moggy (June 17th, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 17th, 2021)

Liked

Mike, if the boy you're referring to is a bit tall with a light complexion, that sounds like Nat.

Nat was a constant companion of the deceased boy as I mentioned before. I just saw him last week wandering the beachfront wearing blue jean shorts - so short that they exposed the cheeks of his ass. A seasoned survivor.
    "Seasoned" 555 very apt
    Looking quite skinny last time I saw him ☹️
    I'll look for him again if I'm there next month and give him some help

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (June 19th, 2021), Ruthrieston (June 20th, 2021)

Liked

I just saw him last week wandering the beachfront wearing blue jean shorts - so short that they exposed the cheeks of his ass. A seasoned survivor.
    Having some of the butt visible above or below the clothing is usually a good look on a fit lad. Euroboys gogo used to do that & in more recent times, I've seen a lad in Jomtien complex like that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sad day yesterday.

I was riding my motorbike on Soi Yensabai-Pattaya and right in front of what used to be "Two Guys Guest House" were 2 middle-aged women and 3 young children sleeping on the front porch. Their bedding was spread across the concrete floor and they had an umbrella opened and perched in front of them to block the rain. The floor was covered with mud - and the children were filthy.

I went to 7/11 - filled up a bag with cold sandwiches - a half dozen fruit pies - small containers of milk - and a stack of sanitized cotton hand wipes and gave them to the group. I also handed each lady 200 baht.

I just hate seeing this happen when young children are involved.

I spoke with Jai when I returned to Bang Saray and we agreed that if they are still there later this week, we're going to cover the cost of a room for a few months, along with some pocket money for food. It's the least we can do. Jai also thought it would be a good idea to stop over at Wat Chai to see if they can offer some assistance as well.

I know a lot of people are concerned about their holiday plans being disrupted - but I don't think they know the gravity of what's going on over here right now.

14. 10 Users gave Like to post:

billyhouston (July 14th, 2021), dab69 (July 13th, 2021), dinagam (July 13th, 2021), gerefan2 (July 13th, 2021), goji (July 14th, 2021), lukylok (July 13th, 2021), Oliver2 (July 13th, 2021), poshglasgow (July 13th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 14th, 2021), vnman (July 18th, 2021)