Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Homeless Boys

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Homeless Boys

Dodger, if you were really sincere you’de let them stay at your place!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Aren't many of the hotels in Pattaya empty at the moment? See if you can strike a deal with one of the hotel owners and put up a bunch of homless people for a while to help them though the pandemic.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Dodger, if you were really sincere you’d let them stay at your place!
    Not a bad idea, but Bang Saray is a bit far for them to travel.

Maybe I can drop them off at your place?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Unwise; already full!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Sad day yesterday.

I was riding my motorbike on Soi Yensabai-Pattaya and right in front of what used to be "Two Guys Guest House" were 2 middle-aged women and 3 young children sleeping on the front porch. Their bedding was spread across the concrete floor and they had an umbrella opened and perched in front of them to block the rain. The floor was covered with mud - and the children were filthy.

I went to 7/11 - filled up a bag with cold sandwiches - a half dozen fruit pies - small containers of milk - and a stack of sanitized cotton hand wipes and gave them to the group. I also handed each lady 200 baht.

I just hate seeing this happen when young children are involved.

I spoke with Jai when I returned to Bang Saray and we agreed that if they are still there later this week, we're going to cover the cost of a room for a few months, along with some pocket money for food. It's the least we can do. Jai also thought it would be a good idea to stop over at Wat Chai to see if they can offer some assistance as well.

I know a lot of people are concerned about their holiday plans being disrupted - but I don't think they know the gravity of what's going on over here right now.
    Mother Theresa of Babylon by the Sea...
    except he's a master of nun.

Liked

I went to 7/11 - filled up a bag with cold sandwiches - a half dozen fruit pies - small containers of milk - and a stack of sanitized cotton hand wipes and gave them to the group. I also handed each lady 200 baht.
    Next time in 7/11 I suggest you choose hot noodles and Thai sausages, fresh fruit and large bottles of water. Better suited to Thai diets than farangs'.

Liked

Oh mrgiggles you are sneaky, slipping in here and avoiding the Phuket Sandbox thread where some tricky questions regarding your judgement wait.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 14th, 2021), mr giggles (July 16th, 2021)

Liked

I don't think they know the gravity of what's going on over here right now.
    The Thai government should take more responsibility here.
    These are special times, where government policy is effectively shutting down large proportions of the economy in tourist towns. So the government ought to take some responsibility to care for people who are without homes as a result of this.
    They seem to have enough money to fund other projects, such as construction or sustaining a luxury lifestyle for someone reportedly worth billions.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 14th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 16th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sad day yesterday.

I was riding my motorbike on Soi Yensabai-Pattaya and right in front of what used to be "Two Guys Guest House" were 2 middle-aged women and 3 young children sleeping on the front porch.
    As a sequel to my post above: I returned to this same spot this morning and the women and children were gone. According to friends I spoke with they disappeared several days ago. Hopefully they received some help and found some temporary shelter.

I wonder how Pattaya is going to handle the homeless when/if the lockdown curfew comes into play next week. If people aren't supposed to by outside their homes after 9:00 PM, maybe they'll have to start hiding in the dumpsters?

Liked

As a sequel to my post above: I returned to this same spot this morning and the women and children were gone. According to friends I spoke with they disappeared several days ago. Hopefully they received some help and found some temporary shelter.

I wonder how Pattaya is going to handle the homeless when/if the lockdown curfew comes into play next week. If people aren't supposed to by outside their homes after 9:00 PM, maybe they'll have to start hiding in the dumpsters?
    Tres convenient...