Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: No End In Sight!

Liked

Re: No End In Sight!

Interesting to read the opinions of all of us armchair epidemiologists! The truth of the matter is simple -- nobody really knows what the future of COVID portends for the world, nor for us specifically as Thai-philes. The truth will reveal itself little by little, as time goes by, and we all hope that the truth points in our favor, not toward the most pessimistic prognosis.

In the meantime, Thailand will begin to learn how to live without our pound notes, and greenbacks, and plastic money from down under
    . So I think a far more serious question is whether we will have anything to return to once this episode from hell fizzles. And that could be one month, six months, one year, or ten years from now.

2. 5 Users gave Like to post:

francois (August 20th, 2020), Patanawet (August 20th, 2020), siscu58 (August 21st, 2020), splinter1949 (August 20th, 2020), Zebedee (August 20th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...i casn imagine that once we are allowed back into Thailand we'll be net at the airport by hordes of super desperate mbs who will ravish us on the tarmac...

Liked

I think a447 already gets that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...i casn imagine that once we are allowed back into Thailand we'll be net at the airport by hordes of super desperate mbs who will ravish us on the tarmac...
    Not at the airport but back in town you will.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A positive development....possibly. A return to normality requires both governments to enable tourism.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ace-quarantine

Liked

"If you knew anything about Thailand, you'd know that 90% of the sex industry is meant for local consumption and far away from the neon lights of Pattaya, Patong and Patpong. The remaining 10% comprise of Chinese, Japanese and other SE Asians, with white Caucasians a fast decreasing number."

Oh dear.. - after making a wild assumption that I don't do my homework, you then parrot the oldest chestnut of them all..

90%? - by volume of activity, possibly a little over half, by revenue, way below that. I know where truck drivers stop off to get their kicks, I know where the Thai brothels are. I also know where Thai men cruise in their cars for underage boys in Bangkok - but I will never post the detail of that.

For the past two decades I've made genuine friends amongst sex workers - I love talking to them. They have often filled me in with little insights as to how the the domestic scene works, and it's nastier aspects - notably the girls who get given the choice of prostitution or jail by the police - usually following a drugs bust - with the police taking a cut of their earnings.

But the one thing that shines through all these chats is that the farang trade is where the money is - the domestic market is very small change..

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 21st, 2020), dinagam (August 20th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    A positive development....possibly. A return to normality requires both governments to enable tourism.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ace-quarantine
    I wonder why they chose Iceland to run their trial test. Wouldn't Antarctica have been better?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I wonder why they chose Iceland to run their trial test. Wouldn't Antarctica have been better?
    Easy answer, No.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Wouldn't Antarctica have been better?
    Looking forward to hearing the logic behind that one ?

Population of Iceland - 365,000 give or take
    Population of Antarctica - 1000 to 5000 depending on the season

Bit of a difference there - and I'm guessing even the 1000 of Antarctica would be somewhat pissed off if after "testing" for us 50% of the no placebo test group ALL got sick, infected the rest and they ALL died in the end !!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Looking forward to hearing the logic behind that one ?

Population of Iceland - 365,000 give or take
    Population of Antarctica - 1000 to 5000 depending on the season

Bit of a difference there - and I'm guessing even the 1000 of Antarctica would be somewhat pissed off if after "testing" for us 50% of the no placebo test group ALL got sick, infected the rest and they ALL died in the end !!
    I was just joking.

From the article I was assuming they used humans to conduct these tests, but maybe they felt penguins would suffice.