Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccination against COVID

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Vaccination against COVID

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ......thank goodness I got an asian boarder...
    Not much use though when we're told that we're not allowed to enter any Asian boarders for the time being !? lol

Liked

Putin today announced state approval and registration of Sputnik V - COVID-19 vaccine. As per him - one of his daughters already got vaccination.

As per Russian minister of health vaccination will starts at September. At first "stage" vaccine will be injected to doctors and other medical staff and teachers in schools. Then other "first line" staff: police, firefighters, rescue services, workers of public transport. For public use it will be available form January 1.

d93db402-ce52-4c70-a774-9ba61529f8ab.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

goji (August 11th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Putin today announced state approval and registration of Sputnik V - COVID-19 vaccine. As per him - one of his daughters already got vaccination.

As per Russian minister of health vaccination will starts at September. At first "stage" vaccine will be injected to doctors and other medical staff and teachers in schools. Then other "first line" staff: police, firefighters, rescue services, workers of public transport. For public use it will be available form January 1.
    Have they conducted a double-blind trial & posted the results in a Russian equivalent of The Lancet (Lancetski ) for peer review ?
    By the story gets to the western press, there is not much detail about such trials, but there must have been some ?

Also, if certain western leaders announced a vaccine would be rolled out, without any prior publication of trial results, it would not be well received.

Of course, I hope it all works out OK and a little competition might just be the boot up the arse that's needed in certain western countries.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Also, if certain western leaders announced a vaccine would be rolled out, without any prior publication of trial results, it would not be well received.
    Is it joke? Yes? At past 12 hours Russia got requests from different govts on 1 000 000 000 000 doses of "not well received" vaccine.

Have they conducted a double-blind trial & posted the results in a Russian equivalent of The Lancet (Lancetski ) for peer review ?
    I doubt they will care to publish results: vaccine is developed by state lab, phase 1 was in military lab, phase 2 was in civil and military institutes (both state owned), phase 3 is still going from June in 1 civilian and 1 military hospitals.

I mean: it is state developed vaccine, it will be manufactured by state for internal use, not for sale. So they don't care about marketing, publication of results and so on. The only proofs what govt gave to public are: openly provided phase 2 and 3 - there are a lot of articles and videos of meetings with volunteers who got injections, Ministry of health officially announced registration of vaccine, president himself announced registration + participation of his daughter in testing.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Is it joke?
    No. If any western leader tried to rush through a vaccine without publishing large scale test results, there would be a lot of questions asked.
    I think this is due to previous cases, such as when president Ford rushed through a vaccine in the 1970s and there were some bad side effects.
    More recently, there was a problem with a dengue fever vaccine.
    Not everyone reacts to vaccines in the same way & injecting the president's daughter isn't a statistically significant trial.

The Oxford vaccine has a 10,000 person phase 3 trial in the UK, plus trials in Brazil and South Africa. All double blind.

I'm not saying such caution is optimum. But if the western governments launched a vaccine without publishing large scale trial results, I'm sure there would be a lot of dissent.

I doubt they will care to publish results: vaccine is developed by state lab, phase 1 was in military lab, phase 2 was in civil and military institutes (both state owned), phase 3 is still going from June in 1 civilian and 1 military hospitals.
    I see your point. No one is going to argue with them if there is an unexpected problem with it.

Liked

The Oxford vaccine has a 10,000 person phase 3 trial in the UK, plus trials in Brazil and South Africa. All double blind.

I'm not saying such caution is optimum. But if the western governments launched a vaccine without publishing large scale trial results, I'm sure there would be a lot of dissent.
    My main point I wrote in another thread. And it is: "not important how wide vaccine is tested, if there is not enough time to watch consequences". Normal test takes 3-4 years for to find all consequences what brings injection of vaccine. Today no one country will wait 3-4 years. No one. So 10000 or 1000 or even 100 does no matter, if they will be under health control only 3-4 months after injection.

I'm sure:
    - first vaccine will be not the best (as it was with first test for COVID-19 in January-February) and next versions of vaccine will be much better than first is
    - every (yes, every!) company and lab will be under pressure from their respective govt to lunch their vaccine as soon as possible

Forum's veteran
    Liked

if its good enough for the wealthy elite then I guess its good enough for me...wonder if I can order if off the Russian equivalent of eBay

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    if its good enough for the wealthy elite then I guess its good enough for me...wonder if I can order if off the Russian equivalent of eBay
    I doubt if here will be sales. This vaccine must be frozen (-18C) all time before to be injected, as per labels on published photos.

No Platformed
    Liked

I’d expect that the Russian military’s extensive experience in planning for biological warfare has been an excellent basis for developing a vaccine. As Moses has said, this is obvious from the references to military bases

Liked

Putin today announced state approval and registration of Sputnik V
    The name they chose is Putin's not so subtle way of saying "Up yours, America!"