Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Soi Twilight

Liked

Re: History of Soi Twilight

Golden Cock has closed and moved to Natureboys??

I often saw the farang owner of NB in GC, accompanied by his wife and some guys. They'd come over to party and everyone from both bars knew each other.

The owner of GC apparently didn't bother whether or not he made a profit; it was more of a hobby for him. The guys told me that making money was not one of his concerns. Pretty obvious, I would have thought. Same same NB which it seemed rarely, if ever, turned a profit.

And no, I don't get it either!

I wonder if that soi is up for re-development?

Liked

When I wandered down that soi in December, I noticed the Nature Boys premises now has both the old Nature Boys sign and a new Golden Cock sign. So who knows what the name now is ?
    Nature Boys Golden Cock ?
    Golden Cock Nature Boys ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    When I wandered down that soi in December, I noticed the Nature Boys premises now has both the old Nature Boys sign and a new Golden Cock sign. So who knows what the name now is ?
    Nature Boys Golden Cock ?
    Golden Cock Nature Boys ?
    Golden boys with nature cocks...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

The late great Barbiery Bar moved from its original location on Suriwong across from Soi Twilight to the third floor of a newish commercial building directly opposite Nature Boys. I guess it must have been around 2000. Sadly it became a very different type of bar. Whereas the original had been cosy, staffed mostly (but far from exclusively) by twinks with great waiters, the new one was too large a space with one small stage at one end rather than two in the middle. The boys, too, were older. I don't think it lasted more than 2 years before it finally died.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (February 17th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    The late great Barbiery Bar moved from its original location on Suriwong across from Soi Twilight to the third floor of a newish commercial building directly opposite Nature Boys. I guess it must have been around 2000. Sadly it became a very different type of bar. Whereas the original had been cosy, staffed mostly (but far from exclusively) by twinks with great waiters, the new one was too large a space with one small stage at one end rather than two in the middle. The boys, too, were older. I don't think it lasted more than 2 years before it finally died.
    I remember going there late one rainy night near closing time (just before it shut its Surawong location) with a visiting former BA trolley dolly who remembered it in its glory days. We were the only two customers although there was one punter just leaving with a very happy guy in tow - a woman (the sort that bleed not the guys with a rich fantasy life). I think someone took over the location and renamed it but it didn’t last long.

Liked

Ten (fifteen?) years or so ago a new bar appeared diagonally opposite Natureboys. It had lots of sofas scattered about the bar.

The rather young guys working there appealed to a certain clientele but I found myself racing out the door.

The next time I visited Bangkok - a few months later - it had disappeared.

It's now a Chinese ktv bar. At least I think that's where it was.

In those days bars which were considered too risky for Soi Twilight tended to operate in Soi Golden Cock.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Golden boys with nature cocks...
    I thought it was a typo as in ... "golden boys with mature cocks".
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Ten (fifteen?) years or so ago a new bar appeared diagonally opposite Natureboys. It had lots of sofas scattered about the bar.

The rather young guys working there appealed to a certain clientele but I found myself racing out the door.

The next time I visited Bangkok - a few months later - it had disappeared.

It's now a Chinese ktv bar. At least I think that's where it was.

In those days bars which were considered too risky for Soi Twilight tended to operate in Soi Golden Cock.
    I think that was Night Boys. I had a good off from there in 2011 ? , but when I went back in 2012 ? it was gone and became a Chinese restaurant or KTV.

Years later, I found the boy in Screw Boys, but we couldn't re-enact the great first encounter, the second was only average.

Liked

Yes, thanks Christian. That's the one.

Liked

There were also two bars which only lasted a short time very close to where Super A is now. One might have been Night Boys but it definitely was under the old Super A. It had couches all facing in the direction of the door and boys willing to start dropping pants if you invited them to sit by you. One boy who said he was a student had a very large appendage.

The other was, I think, next door. I recall it was coloured yellow inside(?) As you entered, there was a little stage on the immediate right and a bar along the right wall. It also had rows of seats facing the stage, some of them couches but I never remember any dancing let alone shows. Very much a twink bar with a number of lady boys. Probably lasted little more than 6 months.

Nearer in time and moving closer to Twilight there was also a bar an the end of a little sub soi down one side of The Wall Street Tower. It was very much for twink lovers, had a large stage area with lots of boys and semi-closed banquettes. Very much touchy feely especially when drinks were offered. Even the waiters would get into the act. I never saw many customers but it seemed to stay open for about two years.

Then back in the mists of time I have not seen a mention here of Stockholm bar. I wonder if anyone has a Spartacus Guide going back around 1980 or before. This was probably the largest gay bar in terms of area with a big stage and seating in a sort of semi circle around it. But it was not near Soi Twilight. It was in a large Thai house near the park end of now up market Lang Suan. A tout took me there. It was raining the only time I was there and no other customers. There were only had about 12 boys and they were in street clothes. But there were rooms upstairs where I took two cute looking boys for a show. They really performed. Thinking back it was probably patronised mostly if not exclusively by Thais.