Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Soi Twilight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: History of Soi Twilight

OMG, is forgotten what it was like to see so many guys bunched together and not a single tatoo in sight. No fem-types, either.

Mind you, they do look rather young compared to the guys in the bars these days. But they are all very attractive. Maybe in those days there were a lot more guys willing to work in the bars and the managers could be more selective when deciding who to hire.

Many are probably happily married with kids now.
    Last edited by a447; January 17th, 2021 at 09:08.

2. User who gave Like to post:

goji (January 17th, 2021)

Liked

Slim, cute, no tattoos, no facial hair and small underwear.
    I'd off any of them, subject to ID card checks.

Now whilst bars like Winner Boys and Fresh Boys have a good quality selection, other bars can have no one fit to off.
    All is not lost though. If we pick bars carefully (when open), or are selective on the phone apps, guys comparable to those in the photos can still be found. Just not so many in one place.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Remember that in 1989 sixteen was the minimum age for working in a bar. It was changed to eighteen soon after my first visit, in the late 90s.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In 1995, the year of my first visit, dancing was the norm in all the go-go bars I visited and I can assure you that I visited a hell of a lot- though not Twilight- in Chiangmai, Patong, Bangkok and Pattaya. . Even the very small ones like Superboys (Patong) and Moonlight (Pattaya) had small dancing areas for three at a time.
    Dancing of various levels of enthusiasm continued for another ten tears or so, as I previously mentioned.
    I cannot recall any where the guys stood around and posed as they do now.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I cannot recall any where the guys stood around and posed as they do now.
    That's because they didn't have mobile phones!

7. User who gave Like to post:

Armando (January 18th, 2021)

Liked

Armando, the technology themed bar across from Dick's Cafe may have been Boys.com, that was in that area of Soi Twilight around the year 2000. I think it was on the ground floor underneath Blue Star bar, what would later be the X-Size Bar on the second floor. I remember they played music at an ear splitting volume. The next year when I was in Bangkok, I believe Boys.com bar had closed.

At that time, several bars added a year to their name, Future Boys F-2000, Jupiter 2002, and there was also a boy bar named Y2K Bar in Sunee Plaza in Pattaya about that time.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
    Armando, the technology themed bar across from Dick's Cafe may have been Boys.com, that was in that area of Soi Twilight around the year 2000. I think it was on the ground floor underneath Blue Star bar, what would later be the X-Size Bar on the second floor. I remember they played music at an ear splitting volume. The next year when I was in Bangkok, I believe Boys.com bar had closed.
    Thanks daydreamer. I am sure you are correct with the name, but it was certainly still operating in late 2002. So I expect it must have closed around the end of that year.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Thanks daydreamer. I am sure you are correct with the name, but it was certainly still operating in late 2002. So I expect it must have closed around the end of that year.
    Armando, no doubt you are correct about the date. I remember the bar was open around the turn of the millennium, I most likely got the date off by a year or two. After so many years and so many trips, It's difficult to pin down an exact date for me. Around that time, I was visiting Bangkok about six times a year, as my home was only a two hour flight from Bangkok.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

True.... though I do remember a guy at a Soi Twilight bar way back in the late 90s who had somehow got hold of one of the earliest mobile phones. It was huge. Obviously unwilling to leave it in his locker, he had stuffed it down his briefs. Not a good look....there was barely room for the damn thing. Nor for anything else.

Liked

What was the name of the bar that had Fish Nets all around inside, anyone remember...I forgot exactly the name...