I met Chai Pinit in his ? beer bar in Soi Twilight several years ago, actually I think someone else owned the bar and he was there simply trying to cadge drinks from fairing more just perhaps ? Either way he went to great lengths to tell me he had written this book ( which was it seems actually ghost written by a farang writer on the request of a farang publisher who figured the "story" might sell books I guess). So after he pointed out the book up on the shelf in the bar ( perhaps trying to sell me a copy ?) I so I just politely congratulated him on his literary success and left it at that.

Later when back home in the UK I bought the book and whilst it was interesting I guess I seem to recall that it certainly didn't paint us Farang in a particularly good light (funny that eh, I cant think why !? . But I do remember thinking to myself that I wished I'd read the book whilst still in Thailand as I might not have been just so congratulatory to him after me reading some of his ( the ghost writers?) comments and thoughts and stories about farang ( some of which no doubt were true though no doubt ).

I do remember that a few of the other bar boys I met and mentioned him / the book too hadn't very much nice to say about the guy. They all knew of him and his book and weren't it seems that happy with him for "writing" a book at all ( he wasn't very complimentary about some Thai's too from what I recall? ) and they also felt that he was perhaps giving away some details of their trade that would have been better kept private for fear it might hurt their trade / other Thai people may look down on them ( even more) than they (already) did.

But also I seem to recall that with the other Thai boys he just wasn't very well liked for other reasons and their main view was more that he was just full of shit ( or whatever the Thai expression for that may have been!).

So, whilst I've no doubt that much of the book is probably true and Im sure more sex workers could relate similar horror stories and I'm sure the guy did have had a hard life ( as had many guys there do without feeling the need to bare their soul to a farang publisher) the Thai bar boys reminded me that he DID get paid for telling his / A story to a farang ghost writer / Publisher - and we all are already well versed I'm sure on just how talented Thai boys can be when it comes to telling / embellishing a story when they feel the need to for "whatever" reason !