Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: History of Soi Twilight

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: History of Soi Twilight

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Bar designs/styles change, which may explain conflicting memories. My recall of Apollo from the late 70's was of it being on the first floor, with a bar on the right as you entered. I also remember that the main feature was the the customers dancing, disco style. As to whether it was a "small place" it was always a two shop house size, larger than the other bars on the soi at that time.
    I have checked my Bangkok visits and see that my first Apollo experience was 1980. I can say definitely that by then the little bar was on the left of the entrance. I remember because I spent many visits over 2 or 3 years perched on a bar stool as I had a thing for the student bartender. Sadly he did not have a thing for me, but it was still lovely chatting to him and then turning to watch the boys strut their stuff on the catwalk, especially when underwear came off and at the boys were in their birthday suits.

So I expect it had been remodelled. It certainly had an upstairs with one or more short time rooms, But the ground floor was occupied by another tenant. I never attended any other bar on that soi which may be one reason it seems to be etched on my memory!!

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (September 17th, 2021), Oliver2 (September 26th, 2021), TaoR (September 17th, 2021)