Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: How to send money to Cambodia?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

How to send money to Cambodia?

One of my regulars in Pattaya is back in Cambodia and needs money. I would send him 1000 THB or 30 USD, but he has no bank account in Thailand (that would be the easiest way for me) and suggests I use Western Union.

I have read/heard many bad things about their pricing structure and never used it myself, but had a look on their website: for him to receive 30 USD, I would have to pay 2.90 EUR fees which is something I would consider, but the exchange rate (my account is in Euro) is 1 EUR = 1.01 USD on WU whereas xe.com gives 1 EUR = 1.12 USD. This is where I draw the line.

Transferwise does not offer to send money to Cambodia and says that 97% of population does not have a bank account anyway.

I was forced to used paypal for some business on ebay 10 or 15 years with no other option to send or receive money. For that reason, I blacklisted paypal.

What to do? I.e. how to send money to Cambodia without paying high fees.

2. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 22nd, 2020)