Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: How to send money to Cambodia?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: How to send money to Cambodia?

Just for clarity, I quoted xe.com rates in my last post, but those are "mid-market rates" as explained by that website:
    -"All figures are live mid-market rates, which are not available to consumers and are for informational purposes only. "-

Mere mortals such as me would get lesser exchange rates,making HAI HA rates even more competitive.

Liked

Re: How to send money to Cambodia?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    Just for clarity, I quoted xe.com rates in my last post, but those are "mid-market rates" as explained by that website:
    -"All figures are live mid-market rates, which are not available to consumers and are for informational purposes only. "-
    Mere mortals such as me would get lesser exchange rates,making HAI HA rates even more competitive.
    I knew you quoted XE mid-market rates.
    I measure the loss on any foreign currency transaction against that mid-market rate. With the expectation that there always will be a loss.

Something like 0.5% loss would be a very good result, as you might get with Transferwise or even the most competitive cash exchanges.

You don't have a Transferwise option for Cambodia. As stated, I think a 1.3% loss is a very good result for a less competitive market.

For example, compare with the c**** at Paypal, who charge £25 (5.6%) to receive £450 from China & charge the sender something similar on top of this, so over 10%. Transferwise is also not available for outbound transfers from China. I'm fairly sure there is a better option waiting to be discovered.

My UK bank charged 3.2% for an overseas transfer of several thousand pounds, in the days before I discovered Transferwise.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (July 31st, 2020)