Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thailand Mulls Over Reopening May Put Hold On Brits

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand Mulls Over Reopening May Put Hold On Brits

Mine is the same....without the hike.though I suspect that will come when I renew. In my huge lists of worries concerning my return, that one has been relegated to the bottom, particularly now when it seems that the Thais have been successful in limiting the consequences of the pandemic. At least compared to my benighted government.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    I. I'd recommend the company, LV, but they aren't accepting new customers currently. Perhaps one for the future.
    I’m with them. I have a car and a house insured through LV.

I recently made enquiries about travel insurance and got the reply “no new customers”. Wasn’t too impressed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I’m with them. I have a car and a house insured through LV.

I recently made enquiries about travel insurance and got the reply “no new customers”. Wasn’t too impressed.
    The problem is LV sold their home and car insurance division to the German insurer Allianz. Since last year Allianz own 100% of the general insurance division of LV. They have kept the LV brand under licence from Liverpool Victoria but since it became a subsidiary of Allianz the premiums have been rising at an outrageous rate.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (June 10th, 2020)

Liked

The situation is bleak, unfortunately the last sentence to Frank becomes more of a reality as time passes. Like others, it's now problematic I can not go home for Xmas because my return to my home (Pattaya) is too uncertain.

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured...ng-haul-303409

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    The situation is bleak, unfortunately the last sentence to Frank becomes more of a reality as time passes. Like others, it's now problematic I can not go home for Xmas because my return to my home (Pattaya) is too uncertain.

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured...ng-haul-303409
    Why not give it a few more months before shelving your plans. While it may be a long time yet before the casual tourist from high-Covid-risk countries will be allowed in, I suspect those with long-term visas, for eg retirement, spousal and student visas (for study at legit unis, not fly-by-night language schools) might be allowed in first, subject to health and quarantine requirements upon arrival. Malaysia, for instance, has already allowed foreigners under the Malaysia My Second Home program to return and Singapore is looking to do same with its work permit holders. It will be easier to bring in people who are already in the system back in as most of the background checks have already been done compared to the casual tourist on a two-week holiday. Also, you might not have to wait too long if your country has a green bubble MOU with Thailand once the scheme is implemented.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Why not give it a few more months before shelving your plans. While it may be a long time yet before the casual tourist from high-Covid-risk countries will be allowed in, I suspect those with long-term visas, for eg retirement, spousal and student visas (for study at legit unis, not fly-by-night language schools) might be allowed in first, subject to health and quarantine requirements upon arrival. Malaysia, for instance, has already allowed foreigners under the Malaysia My Second Home program to return and Singapore is looking to do same with its work permit holders. It will be easier to bring in people who are already in the system back in as most of the background checks have already been done compared to the casual tourist on a two-week holiday. Also, you might not have to wait too long if your country has a green bubble MOU with Thailand once the scheme is implemented.
    I plan to purchase my ticket (EVA) in August as always. My home state, California, has an increase of new cases and talk of a second wave, so I am prepared physiologically for the worst case scenario. I have covid-19 health insurance from a Thai company and health insurance for emergencies but if USA is on a restricted list all that is academic.

8. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (June 11th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I plan to purchase my ticket (EVA) in August as always. My home state, California, has an increase of new cases and talk of a second wave, so I am prepared physiologically for the worst case scenario. I have covid-19 health insurance from a Thai company and health insurance for emergencies but if USA is on a restricted list all that is academic.
    You don’t say when you intend to travel but if it is for the high season, November onwards, why not wait and see how things pan out? You could save yourself the money.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    You don’t say when you intend to travel but if it is for the high season, November onwards, why not wait and see how things pan out? You could save yourself the money.
    I travel home for the Xmas holiday in mid-December returning just before the New Year. I hope international flights can resume as normal along with typical airline pricing. I know a Kiwi and a few Aussies and they will be the lucky one's I expect, but as an American I don't like my traveling odds.

Liked

As a Kiwi I hope so, can't wait to travel again...first stops will be Nice Boys in Pattaya and Toolbox Bar in Phnom Penh!!..but our big problem will more likely be getting BACK into NZ (at least without a further two weeks in quarantine)...

Liked

Good Luck to both you and California. Hope for the best.........

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (June 13th, 2020), Up2U (June 13th, 2020)