List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How the Thai bourgeois take care of the Boys of Isaan ....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: How the Thai bourgeois take care of the Boys of Isaan ....

Smiles:

First and foremost...Congratulations on hitting the 20 year mark.

I'm feeling old right now. I remember reading about your first meeting with Suphot back in those days like it was yesterday. I'm not sure if you posted this on Alan's old Pattaya Gay forum during the Hedda War era...or Sawatdee...can't remember. But in any event, time really fly's.

Suphot still looks great...love that classic smile of his, and he appears closer to 30 than 50.

I'm hanging my hat in Buriam right now waiting for these travel restrictions to lift - just a stone's throw from Surin. I can attest to the serenity, but I've been forced to roost here for 3 months now and can't wait to head back South. A few weeks of country life in Maysberry is fine, but when I start giving the chickens names and expecting them to respond, it's time to leave.

If Suphot returns to Hua Hin before July 1st he may have to isolate with you for 14 days. I'm sure that would break your heart.

Cheers

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (May 30th, 2020), GerBear1958 (June 2nd, 2020), Smiles (May 29th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I'm not sure if you posted this on Alan's old Pattaya Gay forum during the Hedda War era...or Sawatdee...can't remember.
    My vote is DreadedNeds forum, certainly that's where I first came across Smiles
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

I started Sawatdee in 2001 (thereabouts) when Dreaded Ned put the kibosh to his message board.
    His board was just a part of his quite large website. If I recall Dreaded Ned took his board down because of a threatened law suite by a disgruntled member.
    If his board had of kept going Sawatdee would probably not have started up.
    Gaybutton and Pattaya Gay were going at that time also.
    That skinny weasel Hedda was fucking around much later ... about 2005-2006.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

And then there were two. Here and GB. GB is probably more useful if you're after factual info whereas we're more wayward.

Anything regarding something being built in Pattaya is always a bloody good read over there. It starts off with a new baht bus stop on Second Road and ends with some member unable to understand why the city doesn't build an underground system linking Bangkok and Pattaya to every airport in Thailand. Hilarious.

6. User who gave Like to post:

goji (May 30th, 2020)

Liked

OFF TOPIC! GET USED TO IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    And then there were two. Here and GB.
    Well there's also GayThailand as #3 although it's business model is, well, truly business-like. I haven't poked into the message board part in years.
    Sawatdee has another part to it also (i.e. Moses's tour guide biz, but it seems to me ~ could be wrong ~ that the folks who use the message board are mostly not his clientele which use the tour guide part).
    Gaybutton is the only board which stands alone as talk-only.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    that the folks who use the message board are mostly not his clientele which use the tour guide part).
    Gaybutton is the only board which stands alone as talk-only.
    About 9-10 members for 4 years. But if we will speak about number of clients who come to Siamroads from ads on the site/forum - then number is significant higher...

GB is working from my server as well.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

9. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (May 30th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    And then there were two. Here and GB.
    Definitely 3, as despite the title, GayGuides is effectively the Gay Thailand site under a new name & with a slightly idiosyncratic interface. Boytoy.com, with the same board software has an Asian section. I believe it has the same ownership as GayGuides, but am not completely sure of the current situation.

In the last dozen or so years, we had the Gay Ting Tong site disappear. I think there was briefly a site called pattayagayaffairs.com.
    Both were at the polite end of the spectrum.

Plus one or more bitch boards.

Liked

Thanks everyone for enjoying this topic. I certainly did not expect that much participation. I used to post these "living-in-Thailand-with-a-Thai -man-cum-photos" short stories much more then than I do now.
    Getting old now (If he's 50, I'm 71 ) and life seems to have become slightly more easy-going then before.
    Not lazy mind you ... "easy-going" is a much more gentle lie.
    Thanks again.

But you know, Thailand is not by any means a dull country, and he is anything but dull. So ...last night I was clipping my finger nails on the patio. He come dashing out of nowhere insistent that he must do that for me. What the fuck is up with Thais and nails?
    And so ...

12. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (May 31st, 2020), BOY69 (June 1st, 2020), dab69 (June 19th, 2020), GerBear1958 (June 2nd, 2020), Patanawet (May 31st, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

. So ...last night I was clipping my finger nails on the patio. He come dashing out of nowhere insistent that he must do that for me. What the fuck is up with Thais and nails?
    And so ...
    Mine has a weekly routine -- my nails -- the 2 cats claws --then himself.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank God I'm not the only one whose nails are the subject of constant scrutiny and criticism. I once had the temerity to try to use a pair of nail scissors to do the job. I had apparently broken one of the (alleged) basic rules of Thai etiquette by not having brought clippers to Thailand with me. So off to 7 Eleven we went.