List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: How dire is the situation on the ground in Pattaya among Thai boys/men?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: How dire is the situation on the ground in Pattaya among Thai boys/men?

I have donated a couple times to Jomtien food giveaway.
    But my friends are far away a little north of Buakow.
    Thats 2 baht bus transfers to Jomtien and two back.
    One helluva way back to walk just from Boystown. I've done that.

Paying the transfers on the baht bus would buy a meal at TukCom.
    They can't afford that either.

Couple give aways now and then closer by if they would hear about them in time.
    Seems they have gotten used to eating regularly. How fucking silly.

Let them go and find a temporary working job in this environment?
    Yeahsureright. Lotsa jobs around for them!

Make up stupid excuses and let them starve.
    Post messages on a message board and have another doughnut.
    You'll still have a holiday next high time.
    You won't donate to "Thai charities."

2. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 27th, 2020), dinagam (May 28th, 2020), francois (May 28th, 2020), GerBear1958 (May 30th, 2020), TaoR (May 30th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/1...hungry-people/

Not Pattaya - Bangkok temple ordered to stop free food !

Bangkok-

Wat Don Mueang in Bangkok has been temporarily ordered by local authorities to stop giving away free food and water daily after lines have grown to over a thousand and pictures have gone viral on social media, causing some people to raise concerns over social distancing, according to the Bangkok post and Bangkok radio station Jor Sor 100.

Pictures of people gathered along Song Prapha Road in the Don Mueang district for up to a kilometer went viral on social media, showing what appeared to be well over a thousand people in line for food and water being given by the temple.

The order comes as the Supreme Patriarch of Thailand asked temples nationwide to help those in need during the pandemic which has led to hundreds-even thousands-in some cases lining up at temples across the nation for food.

This comes as millions of Thai’s are out of work due to closures and restrictions due to Covid-19, with hundreds of thousands of “non-essential” businesses across the Nation closed as part of the plan to reduce the spread of Covid-19. The Thai Government has said they are meeting and discussing lessening restrictions later this month and they understand the plight of the people but they must be cautious in any sort of re-opening of the economy to avoid a possible second wave.

Paitoon Ngammuk, the assistant to the district chief in Don Mueang, told the media the closure was just temporary while officials worked with the temple on proper social distancing procedures and was not meant to stop people from finding food from charity organizations, responding to massive criticism online for stopping the donations.

In Pattaya lines are reaching similar levels leading to growing cries to re-open the economy and local businesses, even on a gradual basis and with proper social distancing measures in place.

4. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (May 30th, 2020)

Liked

It's very disturbing that the government is concerned the the lack of the social distancing rather than the huge number of people that are starving and have no choice but to wait long hours in line for food and water.

6. User who gave Like to post:

BenCH (May 28th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69 View Post
    I have donated a couple times to Jomtien food giveaway.
    But my friends are far away a little north of Buakow.
    Thats 2 baht bus transfers to Jomtien and two back.
    One helluva way back to walk just from Boystown. I've done that.

Paying the transfers on the baht bus would buy a meal at TukCom.
    They can't afford that either.

Couple give aways now and then closer by if they would hear about them in time.
    Seems they have gotten used to eating regularly. How fucking silly.

Let them go and find a temporary working job in this environment?
    Yeahsureright. Lotsa jobs around for them!

Make up stupid excuses and let them starve.
    Post messages on a message board and have another doughnut.
    You'll still have a holiday next high time.
    You won't donate to "Thai charities."
    I didn't speak about me but made a general statement. Every person can to do with his money whatever he wants if someone want send money to every request he receive is more than welcome to do so ,I won't !
    If I met a genuine honest boy who really care about me I have no doubt that I sent him money to help in this hard times unfortunately all the boys I met long my twenty years traveling to Thailand were lazy,greedy, unfaithful and liers so why should I soport them at all ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...unfaithful ....there r money boys...thats their job ..like they r supposed to pleasure ANYONE with cash to pay...
    ....liers..............there r money boys...thats their job ..like they r supposed to say you NOT handsome...you NOT have big dick....

9. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (May 28th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    If I met a genuinely honest boy who really cared about me, I'd have no doubt that I would sent him money to help him through hard times; unfortunately all the boys I have met during my twenty years long traveling to Thailand have been lazy, greedy, unfaithful and lairs so why should I support them at all?
    Wow that is a bit harsh, my friend. Did you ever figure it was us who were lazy (sex the easy way), (sexually) greedy, unfaithful (a new boy every night), and, dare I say, have told at least a few white lies to the guys we have offed? Alas I would have to plead guilty to all those accusations, how about you? In short, our behaviors also have been far from stellar!

11. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 28th, 2020), BenCH (May 28th, 2020), dab69 (May 28th, 2020), Khor tose (May 28th, 2020), llz (May 31st, 2020), Lotusleaf (May 28th, 2020), TaoR (May 28th, 2020)

Liked

So I think it's better to send money to charity and aid organisations than to sponsor random money boys who send endless requests to long lists potential falangs.
    Yes, I do agree with you. When I am in India I am constantly hounded by beggars (some legitimate, most not) and don't give them money, instead giving to projects which try to alleviate poverty there. So I do see your valid point.

What we are missing is a (short) list of such LEGITIMATE aid organizations in Pattaya to which we can send money from abroad using TransferWise, or PayPal, or Xoom or Remitly or whatever. For me the only place I know is Yupin's restaurant in the Complex who I know has been giving away a lot of food. Come to think of it I should email them and ask them how I can send them some money for this purpose. I trust them implicitly.

Maybe someone of you who is in Pattaya now could start such a list of legitimate (gay-friendly would be nice) organizations? And boy69 you are right, this would be a far better way to help Pattaya than sending money to random MBs.

13. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BOY69 (May 28th, 2020), dinagam (May 28th, 2020), GerBear1958 (May 30th, 2020), TaoR (May 28th, 2020)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

If I met a genuine honest boy who really care about me I have no doubt that I sent him money to help in this hard times unfortunately all the boys I met long my twenty years traveling to Thailand were lazy,greedy, unfaithful and liers so why should I soport them at all ?
    And yet you still keep coming back for more! If I was you I would wonder why you only meet the guys that you make this damning judgment of? So many visitors seem to have better experiences. Are you just a bad judge of character, picking the wrong type of guys, or is it something in your interaction with them that leads to this behaviour.

15. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 28th, 2020), dab69 (May 28th, 2020), Khor tose (May 28th, 2020), Lotusleaf (May 28th, 2020), sglad (June 4th, 2020), snotface (May 28th, 2020), TaoR (May 28th, 2020), Zebedee (June 5th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Common decency?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Searching "Thai charity" I find :

Elephants
    Cats and dogs
    Children
    Blind

The list is rather meager.

Sun Bar donation :
    Paypal send to Gildas44@aol.com

Still won't get to TukCom area, but better than nothing.

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/top...id-food-drive/

(Facebook and Leechi links are expired, but people are still hungry.)