List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: How dire is the situation on the ground in Pattaya among Thai boys/men?

Liked

Re: How dire is the situation on the ground in Pattaya among Thai boys/men?

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    My approach is the opposite. I don't know any Thai charity, and if I searched for charities on the internet I wouldn't know if they are trustworthy.
    If contributing a significant amount to a charity or good cause, I would have 3 requirements:
    (i) Supports what I consider to be a good cause
    (ii) The charity has no religious connections (If the title is "Christian Aid", or something like that, they can **** off and get money off someone else)
    (iii) The charity is efficient. I define efficiency as Amount going to the good cause/Total amount raised. A relative of a very good friend was briefly working for a charity many years ago and out of all the money raised, 95% went to run the charity and about 5% went to the good causes.

So far this year, I've made 2 significant donations. One to a request here and another to an initiative run by an ex work colleague who I hold in very high regard. I'm fairly sure more good comes from that than anything which is processed through the average charity machine.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I've made 2 significant donations. One to a request here ........
    Awww I'm sorry to tell you but it seems your money transfer didn't arrive after all, here let me forward you my bank details and see if you can send it again perhaps ?? Actually just to be sure maybe try it from two or three different bank accounts and I'll be sure to let you know when I receive it. Thanks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    If the title is "Christian Aid", or something like that, they can **** off and get money off someone else
    Goji - Did you mean Christianpfc Aid?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Goji - Did you mean Christianpfc Aid?
    We are not amused.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    All travel restrictions within the Kingdom have been lifted.
    This is not true at all. Plenty of restrictions still; inter-provincial travel is limited to and from certain destinations only and the frequency of long-distance buses that ply these permitted routes has been greatly reduced (say from three or four departures per day to three departures per week).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    And yet you still keep coming back for more! If I was you I would wonder why you only meet the guys that you make this damning judgment of? So many visitors seem to have better experiences. Are you just a bad judge of character, picking the wrong type of guys, or is it something in your interaction with them that leads to this behaviour.
    Well said, Brad. ChristianPFC, a moderator on this board (boy they sure know how fo pick 'em), has often said similar harsh things about Thai guys and Thai people in general, not just those working in the sex industry. And he has bummed around in Thailand for years and claims to speak Thai! When you're having so many negative experiences when others are having the opposite, then you need to reflect and find the common denominator in these negative encounters and, if you're honest with yourself, you'll find that more often than not it's you.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (June 4th, 2020), Khor tose (June 5th, 2020), Zebedee (June 5th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My overall feeling about the Thais I've met is one of gratitude. Without them, I wouldn't have taken early retirement.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (June 5th, 2020), BOY69 (June 8th, 2020), francois (June 6th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    ChristianPFC, a moderator on this board (boy they sure know how fo pick 'em), has often said similar harsh things about Thai guys and...
    Get a grip sglad and remember to keep the gnarled clit*ris under wrap. ChristianPFC is free to express his personal views. Afterall he's not a Singaporean.

11. 4 Users gave Like to post:

francois (June 6th, 2020), gerefan2 (June 5th, 2020), llz (June 7th, 2020), seenus (June 6th, 2020)