Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Laos Trip Report 2020

Liked

Laos Trip Report 2020

I discovered this forum on 2018 and it helped me a lot in my traveling through Asia. This is gonna be my first trip report. I visited Laos on March 2020 (just before COVID-19 became a pandemic). Laos was supposed to be the first stop in a longer SE Asia trip, COVID-19 ruined it. I stayed 6 nights/7 days in Laos.

I arrived in Luang Prabang. I stayed there 2 nights/3 days. I landed around noon. After checking in my hotel, I opened Grindr. There are not many guys on Grindr; I also installed Blued because I had read it was popular in Laos. After 15 minutes went to visit a guy from Vientiane who was visiting Luang Prabang. Very slutty and submissive bottom, small and hairless. Then I head out to the Night Market street to grab some food and walk around the city.

While I'm walking I arranged to meet a guy from Luang Prabang to go for dinner. He went to picked me up on his car at 7 pm and drove me around town. He was a small twink with fair skin and baby face; very good looking. I told him I wanted to have a very local dinner, but he took me to Utopia Bar. It is a bar/restaurant and I highly recommend it, but it's full of tourists; it was not the kind of place I wanted to visit having a local to show me around. I could have gone by myself. After dinner, we went to my hotel and we fool around but I'm too big for him. He told me that he wants to meet me again tomorrow. After he left, I'm still horny, so I went online to see if I could find someone else. I found another local Luang Prabang guy that came to my hotel and sucked me off. After that I was ready to go to bed.

Next day I spent most of the day visiting the main landscapes of the city (mostly temples). Based on tourist attractions, I wouldn't recommend to come to Luang Prabang. The temples are nothing compared to the ones in Thailand and the amount of boys is small. While I was having lunch I was using the apps (Grindr, Blued and Hornet) to see if I could find someone for an afternoon session. There were several guys online, but I was interested in none of them. There was one relatively good-looking, but he was a masseur and he offered me his services (of course I didn't accept). I arranged to meet a Singaporean who was visiting for dinner. He was ethnically Chinese and very good looking. We went for dinner and then to my hotel. He was really into me and he drop off hints that he wanted to stay the night with me, but I sleep better alone.

Next day I woke up at 5 am to see the monks Alms Giving Ceremony. After it, I walked up to Mount Phou Si to see the dawn. When I walked down around 7:30-8 am, I saw an guy jogging with very tight shorts. We both stared at each other. He turned to be a thai guy with whom I had texted the day before on Grindr. We met at 10 am and I fucked him like the whore he is. After we have done, he took to me to a local place to have lunch and we said goodbye. I went back to my hotel to check out and take my flight to Vientiane.

2. 11 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 12th, 2020), christianpfc (May 12th, 2020), digitalblue (January 8th, 2023), gerefan2 (May 11th, 2020), goji (May 12th, 2020), GWMinUS (May 12th, 2020), ktq (May 29th, 2020), llz (May 27th, 2020), Lotusleaf (May 11th, 2020), Moses (May 11th, 2020), TaoR (May 25th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Laos Trip Report 2020

i think i like pasiontop...even though the fact its not spelt passion irks me

Liked

It's over 10 years since I've been to Luang Prabang, but assessing it as a tourist destination very much depends on your priorities.
    I think I spent 6 days there and certainly wished it was longer, as I found it was a lovely laid back & attractive place to wander around. Very scenic. Plenty to see in the town and some nice trips to places like the spectacular nearby waterfalls. They also had a very pleasant & affordable traditional herbal sauna.
    The downside was a lack of available boys. If that's all you want, stay in Bangkok and Pattaya, or Vientiane.

The whole Laos tourist experience is about to be transformed by the arrival of the railway, from Vientiane to China. Currently, your main options for getting to Luang Prabang are to take a minibus over the VERY twisty and scenic mountain roads from the south, to take a 2 day boat on the Mekong from the Thai border or to fly. I arrived over the mountain roads and left on the boat.

It should soon be possible to travel there by train from Vientiane or China. This should be a much quicker form of land transport. I am assuming the Chinese recognise that few Laos transport operators have any concept of speedy travel, running to time etc & will install some people to run a professional service.
    Obviously that makes travel from Vientiane much easier, but also should vastly increase the number of Chinese tourists arriving.

5. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (May 12th, 2020), christianpfc (May 12th, 2020), llz (May 27th, 2020), TaoR (May 25th, 2020)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

Currently, your main options for getting to Luang Prabang are to take a minibus over the VERY twisty and scenic mountain roads from the south, to take a 2 day boat on the Mekong from the Thai border or to fly. I arrived over the mountain roads and left on the boat.
    You seem to be missing the main option, flying! Must be almost a dozen airlines flying there now. Even twenty years ago I drove there from Vientiane, and flew on to Chiang Mai.

I found that there was a higher proportion of guys claiming to be gay in conversation in Luang Prabang than anywhere I've been! I thought it must be something in the water. There was even a small gay bar there then. Despite all that I don't remember much trade!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    You seem to be missing the main option, flying!
    You seem to have missed the words "or to fly", which appeared as one of the 3 options in my post.

I simply chose the land & water options, in order to see something of the country.
    The alternative of flying from city to city means you only get to see cities (or towns).

8. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (May 25th, 2020)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Apologies, I must be getting dyslexic.

10. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (May 25th, 2020)

Liked

Can't wait to get there myself. After two years of hard work, finally get a new business off the ground, making good money again, almost ready to go, and... once in a century global pandemic. Great.

I'm guessing my 1 year business VISA I had lined up is out the window now due to Kovid-19, so will have to cozy up to some NGOs and offer them my technical expertise with hopes they sponsor me.
    O

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    i think i like pasiontop...even though the fact its not spelt passion irks me
    Lol because my username is not in English

13. User who gave Like to post:

bjbjboy (July 11th, 2020)

Liked

My visit to Vientiane was similar to Luang Prabang. In average I met 3 guys per day. I stayed there for 4 nights/5 days. In my last day I was thinking that I had already met most good-looking guys there. One big difference with guys between the two cities is that Vientiane boys love to get bred.

On my last few days I thought that I could have shorten my trip by 2 days (and if I had done so I would have been able to get to Vietnam before they shut their borders).

Liked

Interesting trip report! I went to LP about 20 years ago (!) and my memories of it are idyllic: amazing waterfalls a short drive from town, where you could actually get in the water to some degree. Pretty riverside cliffs; temples on mountaintops; nice little hotels; low cost massages and treatments; great food.
    However, I was there with a straight friend, pre- Grindr, and so didn't sample any of the local guys. That said, I'd go back in a minute! Just so laid back. Maybe put a short LP visit between a few days in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, BKK, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, Hanoi, etc? I think there are direct flights from all of those cities and more, once air travel reappears.
    Thanks for reminding me about Luang Prabang!

16. User who gave Like to post:

pasiontop (June 15th, 2020)