Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone identify where...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Can anyone identify where...

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I did, and he quickly replied that it was an “example”!
    Ha maybe send him a pic of a 1000 note and tell him “there you go, it’s an example too” and see does he get the hint ! Lol ( ok I’m not SERIOUSLY suggesting that in case you meet him on a dark night somewhere ! :/)

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 23rd, 2020), goji (April 23rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

he's a keeper...entrepreneurial...and a quick thinker...sure beats the " buffalo die send baht"...woe is me woe is me story line...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The saga continues...no money...!
    He says he is in court this morning and sent these pics.
    Again, can anyone confirm ? What does the writing say?
    Many thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

First one is the district office in Sikhoraphum, Surin Province ; second one refers to Sikhoraphum sub-district.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...does it prove anything...could be off a government website or something...can we please have some more pics of hung wanna be monks having water poured on them...please

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 23rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm guessing now that he knows you're no slouch his pic selection will be a LOT more careful than before.

Mind you I've found a simple 'Ohhhh sorry cannot" repeated over and over where required usually is enough to stop such requests eventually. And whilst they may huff for a period the ones who were a genuine ( semi) friend usually pick up the conversation where it left off later, whereas the ones who refuse to every talk to you where usually the ones who were only ever talking to me to attempt to get money out of me in the first place ! ( oh how they must have departed so disappointed as THAT almost never happens !

9. User who gave Like to post:

goji (April 23rd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Mind you I've found a simple 'Ohhhh sorry cannot" repeated over and over where required usually is enough to stop such requests eventually. And whilst they may huff for a period the ones who were a genuine ( semi) friend usually pick up the conversation where it left off later, whereas the ones who refuse to every talk to you where usually the ones who were only ever talking to me to attempt to get money out of me in the first place !
    A very good point.

Liked

Elephants nothing to do with Surin? Elephant festival ?
    Beside meaning "elephant", "chang" occurs in place names like Ko Chang and Ko Si Chang. I don't know of these place names have anything to do with elepants, but Ko Si Chang is to small for elephants.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by llz View Post
    First one is the district office in Sikhoraphum, Surin Province ; second one refers to Sikhoraphum sub-district.
    Thank you, that is where he lives.

Do you know if it’s a court ? A place where someone illegally selling alcohol would have to report to?
    What is a District office..like a Council office in UK? Anything to do with police ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank you, that is where he lives.Do you know if it’s a court ? ?
    Ah you may just go ahead and send him the money as he's got you where he wants you, starting to doubt yourself, all he'll need to do is keep up the pace and you're as good as a tiring gazelle being chased by pack of lions, it's all only a matter of time now......you may get your wallet out and be done with it.......or.....revert to my "ohhh sorry I'd love to help but CANNOT as Virus here and everything terrible, but hope you're ok there, maybe YOU can send ME some money when you get out of jail ??"

See how THAT goes maybe :-)

edit - out of interest how much was he asking for as from the press it sounded like the fines for selling alcohol etc were going to be reasonably large to deter people, so I doubt 5000 or 10000 would be enough to let him walk from that charge this time round ? Plus the old adage about if you cant do the time you shouldnt do the crime comes to mind here.....it WAS his own decision to get involved with that - and I doubt he was intended to send YOU a cut of the profits from any money he was making when doing that so.......

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 24th, 2020), christianpfc (April 24th, 2020), goji (April 24th, 2020)