Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can anyone identify where...

Liked

Re: Can anyone identify where...

The district office is the place which houses the administration of the district (อำเภอ - amphoe) ; there is an average 10/12 districts for each one of the 78 thai provinces.

Courts and police stations generally have their own location. In Sikoraphum the police station is very close to the district office and next door to Sikhoraphum Sub-district office (pic 2), but I could not locate any court in Sikhoraphum from Google Maps.

In fact I think there is only one Court in the province which is obviously located in Surin Town. Thanks God I never had to deal with the thai judicial system
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Plus the old adage about if you cant do the time you shouldnt do the crime comes to mind here.....it WAS his own decision to get involved with that - and I doubt he was intended to send YOU a cut of the profits from any money he was making when doing that so.......
    Well, clearly the young man doesn't see it quite like that and would like someone else to act as the whipping boy by paying the "fine" for him.
    In the long run, he would probably benefit more from taking the punishment himself, as he might just learn that criminal activity has consequences.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks llz. He did tell me he would have to go to court in Surin, if he couldn’t cough up now. Perhaps the process starts in one of these offices. Sikhoraphum Is the nearest town.

Nirish. He says he needs 15000 to escape jail. I usually send him 5000 a month, but only while this virus thing is on.I’m still not sure whether he is making it all up but am highly suspicious!

As a matter of interest he is the one who was kept in Kuwait when the massage owner refused to return his passport.
    See here....
    https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ems&highlight=

I’ve known him for about 4 years ...and am fully aware of begging messages!

You comments are spot on Nirish!!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by llz View Post
    ...there is an average 10/12 districts for each one of the 78 thai provinces.
    More precisely 76 provinces plus Bangkok, with 878 districts (amphoe) plus the 50 districts (khet) of Bangkok.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (April 24th, 2020)

Liked

Gosh, when will we ever learn! The sad thing is it is often hard to tell if the begging message is legitimate or totally contrived. If the plea WERE for a real emergency, I think most of us would be happy to open our wallets and send some juice to help our (semi)friends. But we just never know. It is a pity really that there is no better way of judging the credibility of such pleas.

Right now it seems that more and more young men are in a precarious position. The economy there (by all accounts) really does suck. Legitimate jobs are very scarce. Illegitimate ones (such as gerefan's friend's) are fraught with new dangers.

I have read on TV a thread about the reaction of people to the closing down of alcohol sales. You'd think the sky was falling in! It is hard to realize there are so many people who seemingly simply cannot exist without it. This demand pull might very well put some young men off track to engage in illegal sales where they are very unlikely otherwise to be lawbreakers. Sad.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Nirish. He says he needs 15000 to escape jail. I usually send him 5000 a month, but only while this virus thing is on.I’m still not sure whether he is making it all up but am highly suspicious!
    Well, if he can openly admit to breaking a law (the alcohol ban) that's been very well publicised and has severe penalties, what makes you think he won't lie to you? Did you think you were special?

PS The easiest thing for him to do is show you the charge sheet which would have his name on it, not some random pictures and newspaper articles.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (April 29th, 2020), goji (April 28th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    he's a keeper...entrepreneurial...and a quick thinker...sure beats the " buffalo die send baht"...woe is me woe is me story line...
    No, he isn't. This is one time when he doesn't need a story to extract money from a sugar daddy. The context is the ready-made global China virus pandemic where many people are already suffering hardship as a result. All he had to do was embellish a few details to an existing problem. gerefan2 is already sending him money and what he could have done was request for double the amount because of extenuating circumstances this month. A plausible story. The problem is, he got greedy.

Liked

I thought the ภูธร poo-ton in สถานีตำรวจภูธร... sà-tăa-nee dtam-rùat poo-ton... is part of the geographical name. But it is not! It goes with สถานีตำรวจภูธร sà-tăa-nee dtam-rùat poo-ton and means "provincial"; provincial police station (followed by the geographical name).

Transliteration and translation from https://www.thai2english.com/dictionary/1402560.html

Liked

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but the Chang Puek giveaway in the first pic is the Police Captain who is definitely at Chang Puek Definitely one of Thailand's more "interesting" police stations.

Some trivia regarding the name. Chang Puek means White Elephant. Legend says the white elephant, an animal with significant religious symbolism, was released from Chang Puek Gate and allowed to wander. It headed off into the jungle and up the mountain. Where it laid down to rest was the site chosen by the elephant to build Wat Phra Doi Suteph, with its famous gold stupha overlooking Chiang Mai. I think the elephant was originally a present to from some king or prince to another. That's the jist of the story ayway.

The white elephant monument (I believe built by King Kawila, who rebuilt Chiang Mai after some big war) still exists on Chang Puek Rd about 500m North of Chang Puek gate. Many here have probably passed it without even realising as its rather uninspiring. Street View
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

llz (May 10th, 2020), Patanawet (May 9th, 2020)