Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fine of 200'000 bath demanded by local police from a bar boy

Liked

Re: fine of 200'000 bath demanded by local police from a bar boy

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    I personally know 3 Khmer boys who told me they were nabbed in Pattaya and shook down by the police. Mostly they pay whatever they have left in their pockets, including their mobile phones. One boy paid 3000 baht, one 7000 and one 8000 baht. Plus they lost their phones. They had to borrow money from friends to return to Cambodia. They have no plans to return to Thailand ever.

Dozens of Khmer boys have returned to Phnom Penh in the past few weeks because of the clampdown by immigration police. Also, because they say there are too few punters left in Pattaya.
    If this is a new method of extortion I would imagine there will be a rapid decrease in available guys in the near future. The bar owners better have a plan B.

2. User who gave Like to post:

brlumpet-old (March 1st, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by brlumpet-old View Post
    , telling me that his sister, who works also in bars, has been arrested by the police and that they ask 200'000 bath of fine..
    Of course we are also all missing another possible cause of such a large "fine", that being the very large bag of Yaba tablets that were found / placed in her apartment when she was being arrested ! It has been known......:-)

4. User who gave Like to post:

brlumpet-old (March 1st, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Of course we are also all missing another possible cause of such a large "fine", that being the very large bag of Yaba tablets that were found / placed in her apartment when she was being arrested ! It has been known......:-)
    known by whom and when?

Liked

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    known by whom and when?
    Thank you Mancs for the quick link to save me going searching.

Me2 I'm not sure if you're new to the whole Thailand thing or not, so I'll take your question at face value....

So, ALLEGEDLY it has been suggested and isn't unheard of that some (rogue?) police offices may in the past ( and currently ?) have planted narcotics ( usually yaba pills) on people and in their luggage during searches for many different reasons in order for them to achieve whatever their particular goal they desire.

This being whether that be simple corruption and them then being able to ask for fine ( bribe ) which might then enable the person to either walk away or to get a lighter sentence maybe, or perhaps for other more local reasons where they / their superiors simply want someone "off the scene" as they're maybe interfering in police officers own "business dealing' ( and I'll leave the rest of that to your own imagination.)

There's plenty on google about all of the above, so feel free to search if you're interested.

Hope that helps.

Liked

When Thailand decides to get serious about corruption, they need either life sentences or execution for officials requesting or taking bribes.

IF Thailand ever decides to get serious about corruption.

Liked

I once knew a Myanmar boy who was in Thailand without passport for work and had to pay 10 kTHB when caught by police. That would be a monthly salary? But boys or girls who work in bars can be expected to have a higher monthly income, so police asking for 20 k or more would not surprise me.

However, 200 k is absurd. No matter how much it is, it's not your (OP's) problem, ignore.

Liked

Money boys will tell all sort of stories to extract money my last Vietnamese boy who had been with me a week in Thailand lately told me he returned to Vietnam and is not working because he has to take care of his mother who returned from hospital probably to check if I can send him money but I saw his profile at Grindr he's selling his services as usual in Vietnam. So it's better to take all money boy is saying very suspiciously.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Taking care of his mother and selling his services are not mutually exclusive activities, particularly if both are taking place in Vietnam.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (March 15th, 2020), Zebedee (March 15th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh how i long for the simpler days of times gone past when all we had to contend with was ...buffalo die...send baht...