Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Phnom Penh

Liked

Phnom Penh

I am planning a trip to Phnom Penh. Does anyone have any info/advice about where to stay and where to find gay nightlife?

Liked

Re: Phnom Penh

1 Find a hotel on Booking.com, with reasonable customer reviews. Something like the Silver River Hotel and other nearby places has been a convenient location for me.

2 Google found the bars. Toolbox was the best on my last visit. Hopefully it's still open.

3 Also check out the saunas

Liked

Check out Arthur and Paul hotel.

It has a beautiful pool area plus a sauna/darkroom. Local lads turn up in the afternoon looking for action.

4. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (May 22nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

best uptodate, as far as that is possible, info on gay places: travelgay.com, then asia, Camb etc.
    Also perhaps look into the blog of christianpfc.blogspot.com, though i kind a remember his last visit with ample reviews is already a yr or 2 old.
    A&P is quite far out of centre town and there is not really that much else to do around. decide if you want to immerse in that or also see as a normal tourist a bit more of it all.
    Same Q posted under another name on the other forum.

Liked

>>>Toolbox was the best on my last visit. Hopefully it's still open.
    Yes, it is in business
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Some very popular hotels among the gay crowd include OK Boutique Hotel (close to Blue Chili and Toolbox) and Sun/Moon Hotel (situated beside Space Hair Bar and POC Bar). A little further away is Rambutan (gay-owned and gay-friendly) and, beside it, Arthur and Paul, which is male-exclusive. A &P also has a sauna, steam and clothing-optional swimming pool which is quite popular in the early evenings.

Liked

There are four gay bars and 1 gay disco in Phnom Penh:
    1. Blue Chili which has been around for 13 years and features a drag queen show on the weekends;
    2. Space Hair which is popular for those who like their beef cakie;
    3. POC Bar which also has a drag show most nights
    4. Toolbox, the newest bar, which holds a boy dance show and sometimes a "sexy show" featuring all the staff.

Heart of Darkness is the place to go on Friday and Saturday night after midnight. The club has a drag show at 12:30 then turns into a disco catering to a mostly gay clientele.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 15th, 2020), Jellybean (February 12th, 2020), ktq (May 22nd, 2020)