Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Open? Open with ? means that it might open after the closure at this moment, no idea at for now. open without ? means that they are open, serving coffee and or food at this moment

Liked

A wonderful list with great memories and maybe much more to come

3. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (June 24th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes....thank you. Halcyon days indeed.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (June 24th, 2021)

Liked

The amount of work and effort that has gone into this is impressive. Old Pattaya hands will, doubtless find plenty of memories stirred. It might be worthwhile separating the list of bars long-gone from those that are or may still be open, though. Those who are only casual visitors to Pattaya or perhaps are planning a visit at some point would then have a list of live bars. That could even be a mini list separate from the master list of bars o today and bars past. Just a thought.

It is a strange fact that despite Sawatdee now being quite Pattaya-centric, the casual visitor would be hard-pressed to find genuinely usable information about Pattaya on the forum anymore. There is very little about what separates one bar from another, for example. There is probably enough information that can be consolidated on this thread to start rectifying that.
    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (June 24th, 2021)

Liked

Office Boy (earlier Niddy's Nook) in Day & Night Soi 2 (near Flamingo Hotel)closed
    I went there 2010 or 2011, and it was gone 2011 or 2012?

Samorn Beer Bar on Sunee Plaza Soi VC (opposite Top Man Night Club) closed 2009
    Samorn or Samong (I have a picture somewhere) is where I last saw LMTU in 2012, so closing is later than 2012.

Star Boys Boys (later X-Boys) in Boyz Town 1st Soi (opposite Dreamboys) closed
    Star Boys Boys (moved later 3rd Soi ) on 2nd Road Soi 15 (opp.Boyz Town) (194/23) open 1996 closed

A place "Star Boys Showbar" opposite Kawaii was open around 2013 but did not last long.

Wonderland Night Club & Bar on Sunee Plaza 1 (on the corner of Soi VC) closed
    I was there 2011 or 2012, and it closed shortly after.

Liked

At the end of each line is said that the bar is open or closed. closed = closed and Open? = maybe after the lockdown of the bars open = open as a coffee shop or and restaurant

Liked

As soon as Covid is under total control and tourists are coming back in numbers then people will invest again in bars, so I think there will be bars, that are closed now, will open again and new bars will emerge. But till then it's a bit unpredictable. When it's time that things are more sure, I'll post a list of all bars that are in full business.

Liked

Thank you, I will add some of your knowledge in the next update.

It was for sure Samorn Beer Bar (I have a picture too ) in my honest opinion the boys moved to another place. The bar stayed open a bit longer, but as the boys went, the bar got ample customers.
    You mention Star Boys Showbar but as far as I can remember it was Star Treff Showbar. The Star Boys never had a show as they were a show themselves

12. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (July 27th, 2021)

Liked

If you go back in time further then there was nothing ... and nothing stays the same ... from a few bars in the Village to more in Boyz Town, then much more on Sunee Plaza and after that many in The Complex, what's next? ... shall I add the gay dating sites as well ?

As money in the hands of boys (and girls) is running scarce these days and foreigners are saving money there will be a time ahead that former bar boys come back from the countryside and take their friends or brothers with them. Good times ahead, yet the date is not set.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by JayToff View Post
    The amount of work and effort that has gone into this is impressive.
    Couldn't agree more. Incredible list. Found some info from a Feb/March 2005 Thailand trip of places visited or noted.

Leks GoGo Day/Night Soi 1 was called 'Leks Fantasea Bar' .
    'Love Club' was two units down from World Boys in Day/Night Soi 1, a gay disco/club/karaoke similar to World Boys.
    'Yum Yum Bar' I think Sunee or soi's leading to Sunee, but don't have exact location.
    'Murtey's Bar' (not Murpheys). Only a brief mention in notes with no location noted.

Whilst Boyz Town, Pattayaland Sois 1/2, Sunee and Jomtien have all been known as the main bar areas over the last 20 years, I always found it amazing just how many bars operated in the Day/Night sois over the years.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (June 25th, 2021)