Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Niddy's Nook (later Office Boy).
    I had completely forgotten about there! I remember Niddy's BF used to post on this board praising it as the "Home of Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger"!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

The List that I have now is about 420 Bars and GoGo's. I will leave Le or La or The (f.e. Le Gun = Gun) out of the list because of the confusion. Some bars, the ones here under, need some more info. Please Help And thanks for the help till now.

A. Bar 69, Boy 69, 69 Bar, Club 69 or Men's 69 Club ???? What name is the right one << >> Walking street (1989) (near Siam Bayshore)

B. Bar name ?? Probably nr.16 in it's name << >> Walking Street Soi 16 near Marina Hotel

C. Bar name ?? Only there for weeks << >> Thapraya Road (413/72) (opp. La Boca Restaurant)

D. Tree Zone Tulip = Three Zone Bar ???? Same or not?

E. Stary Night << >> ??? where???

F. Buddy's Karaoke (but also GoGo) << >> ??? Where ???

G. Dang's << >> ??? Where ???

H. Eaw << >> 2nd Road ??? Where ???

I. Nostalgia Cocktail << >> Sunee Plaza 1 ??? Where ???

J. Tangmo (moved later to Phuket) << >> ??? Where ???

K. Oh Yes << >> Complex 2nd Soi (above Internet Café) ??? Where ???

I really hope you can answer to the question marks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    The List that I have now is about 420 Bars and GoGo's. I will leave Le or La or The (f.e. Le Gun = Gun) out of the list because of the confusion. Some bars, the ones here under, need some more info. Please Help And thanks for the help till now.

A. Bar 69, Boy 69, 69 Bar, Club 69 or Men's 69 Club ???? What name is the right one << >> Walking street (1989) (near Siam Bayshore)

I really hope you can answer to the question marks
    My first visit to a go go bar in Pattaya on my first trip here in 1985 or maybe it was 86 - it was listed in Spartacus Guide as Club 69 as I recall.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 6th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Some responses....

D) Tree Zone is probably Three Zone, Sunee....at least sounds more likely!

F) According to Michael Burchill, Buddy's became Mandate/My Life/Oscars

G) Dangs was in Sunee

H) Eaw's was in 2nd Road, opposite Mike's...which Michael refers to as the "new" Mike's. I suspect that is the one next to Boyztown...it was certainly the home of Many Boys, one of the few places on the list which I actually visited!

J) "South Pattaya Road ,north of Junction with with North Road....."

6. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 6th, 2020)

Liked

Thanks for D, F and H.

Any idea where in Sunee " Dangs' was? My guess is in the longest Soi (Soi 1) next to Rainbow Bar.

J. is impossible it's 1) South Pattaya Road, north of junction with Sai 3 or 2) it is 2nd Road, north of junction with North Road, that makes it in Naklua. My guess is nr.1

But you're helping a lot , thanks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Thanks for D, F and H.

Any idea where in Sunee " Dangs' was? My guess is in the longest Soi (Soi 1) next to Rainbow Bar.

J. is impossible it's 1) South Pattaya Road, north of junction with Sai 3 or 2) it is 2nd Road, north of junction with North Road, that makes it in Naklua. My guess is nr.1

But you're helping a lot , thanks
    Dang ran the Corner Bar (not Sunee Plaza Bar) which had a certain dubious reputation. A new bar is on its spot and I believe is called the Double Shot Bar (nothing to do with Dang or the old Corner Bar, which was akin to Spencer Tracy's Boystown. I recall reading in the Pattaya Mail that it was raided by the BIB, clearing our the 'dorms' upstairs. It shut many years ago in the mid 90s.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Siren Bar - I may have missed it but I don't think anyone has mentioned the gay part of Siren Bar located at the beginning of Walking Street beside the old pier. Most of it was lady bars but there were 2 gay bars towards the back. In the middle was a muay thai boxing ring which featured amateur boxers...some quite young. One of the owners of a gay section was Pim(?) who later became the owner of the green chair bar in Sunee. If you walked past the beer bars you came to a restaurant over looking Pattaya bay.
    The Siren bar did indeed have two bars (now girlie bars) at the rear of the shed. Mama Pai (from the current Sunee Plaza bar) and Lek from the bar round the corner from Pai's current bar, worked the two bars. There were indeed only two gay bars there in those days, the rest catering for breeders.

Liked

There have been gay go go bars other places apart from the main areas. There was one in the side street opposite JJ Pub and another in a street off of Soi Buchaou.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (May 21st, 2021)

Liked

Yes, the go-go bar off Soi Buakhao was on Soi Lengkee, about half way up the soi. It was called Cartier Boys. I offed a handsome boy from there, and in the usual pre off questions, I asked where he was from. I thought he replied China. I was baffled, as I knew he wasn't from China, but it was difficult to hear over the loud music. I asked again, and I heard China once again. After we got back to my room, I found out he was from Chainat Province. We both had a good laugh.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 30th, 2020), vnman (July 27th, 2021)

Liked

Due to the Covid 19, I didn't do much in the last year but there are a few changes to the list :

Divarium Cafe Bar & Restaurant in the Complex (former name was QM bar)

Double Shot Bar in the Complex replaced Man Bar as that one closed ... Double Shot Bar was before in Sunee Plaza, but moved to the Complex

As for the bars that were open last year, some will open again and some are closed and will not open again, as soon as things get clear I will update the total list