FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Quote Originally Posted by Wolzek View Post
    G-U-Y bar closed in November or December 2013. I know because I was on holiday in Pattaya in December that year with the intention of visiting that bar but could not find it in Walking street. A few days later I was in Wild west boys and was told by the staff there that G-U-Y had just closed shortly before my arrival and many of the boys were relocated to Wild west boys. I think it was a very short-lived bar, 6 months maybe?
    You are probably right and my memory is wrong. I have it all written down and took pictures, I'm just lacking a system to access that data .

2. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (February 5th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As it was in Walking Street maybe it was the first of the bars to offer boys for gays AND gals.

Can’t see any gay in his right mind walking down Walking Street!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    As it was in Walking Street maybe it was the first of the bars to offer boys for gays AND gals.

Can’t see any gay in his right mind walking down Walking Street!
    When the mind is set at the right way then no.But then I did walk around there and was quite amused, if not bewildered by the sights then&there-even if already accustomed to the views in Patpong or soi 8/11 Sukhumvit here in BKK.
    BTW-in more tipical Thai local places the gay places are most often just mingled among the many more str8 places (KaraOK and all that, massage) so that a customer can easily claim to have been the opposite if asked where he went, or if his car was seen. or perhaps its also easy for the guys to find their spouse after the job has been done! looking at that the move here in BKk from soi TwiLi to Patpong fits in this picture.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

@ WHY NOT. No it was not specifically named after an AMS brothel with same name, attached to a gay cinema with same name and sometimes even called out by tramconductors as there was a stop right in front (both cinema and tramstop are no more). Its simply a name that was oso common in about every city with a thriving gay commerce. Bar/agogo with same namy was also a very long time just off RamIV rd near the busstops in BKK. Same same for Adonis and Apollo.

Liked

There’s a few more on this map from the 1990 Supplement to “The Men of Thailand”.

Garden Boys
    Harrods
    Le Gay Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    I think with more than 400 bars and gogo's on the list now, I'm nearing the end, but still a few questions to ask:

In Soi 16 between 2nd Road and Walking Street there was a gay bar (now arabic place) what was it's name??
    I remember going into a bar in that area. The drinks receipts had a number on them and they drew a raffle every hour and you could win a prize. I won a free drink on my only visit. I have no recollection of the name.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 4th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    @ WHY NOT. No it was not specifically named after an AMS brothel with same name, attached to a gay cinema with same name and sometimes even called out by tramconductors as there was a stop right in front (both cinema and tramstop are no more). Its simply a name that was oso common in about every city with a thriving gay commerce. Bar/agogo with same namy was also a very long time just off RamIV rd near the busstops in BKK. Same same for Adonis and Apollo.
    A cinema you say? Well, could be. I know Who Not as an extension from Blue Boy. Linked with an entrance at the Spuistraat and Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal. There was a bar with a separate entrance in the latter. They did have a theatre with shows and an SM attic. Dear god, why do I know these things :-)

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 27th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 27th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    A cinema you say? Well, could be. I know Who Not as an extension from Blue Boy. Linked with an entrance at the Spuistraat and Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal. There was a bar with a separate entrance in the latter. They did have a theatre with shows and an SM attic. Dear god, why do I know these things :-)
    Oh, that is really a long time ago. I just wrote exactly same to another poster who wondered about that name Why Not.
    I sat in the tram with that conductor (must have been the 1 or 2). Have never ever been inside the place. But do know there is even a master´s sociology thesis written about how those gay brothels worked by an intruding lady. Had a few of such books but moved home some 2 yrs ago and threw them all away.
    In the central public library in AMS, the big still fairly new one east of CS, beyond that Hilton HTL, on some floor is the gay&lesbian (of whatever the new name is this season) documentation centre where they keep about any scientific book about such matters. Cannot lend, but read on the spot.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 10th, 2022)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There's a lot about Harrod's in Michael Burchill's book. It was defunct before my arrival in '95 but I recall that the Boyztown sign still advertised it years after.

I remember that bar in Soi 16....in fact, I was there at its closing down party. I think that it had "16" in its name.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 4th, 2020)

Liked

Last October I noticed a unique signage in English and Chinese in the gaily lit Walking Street. A tout was quick to grab my arm and led me twenty metres into a side street to a brightly decorated bar, but we were refused entry unless we paid 300b for a drink. A few minutes later we tried to enter just for a look and luckily this time the doorman relented. Maybe it was still too early but anyhow the room was empty, with just a bare, low and small stage near the entrance. There were fully clothed boys sitting at the tables outside. Had I paid for the drinks I suppose the boys would have come to the stage inside. Since I was not keen to wait until 2am for the place to come to life, I bid farewell to the tout and never came back. I guess the bar was meant for ladies looking for male company. When I returned in December the signage was gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 4th, 2020), vnman (July 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    A tout was quick to grab my arm and led me twenty metres into a side street to a brightly decorated bar, but we were refused entry unless we paid 300b for a drink. A few minutes later we tried to enter just for a look and luckily this time the doorman relented. Maybe it was still too early but anyhow the room was empty,
    That business model deserves to fail and fail fast.

Reminds me of a google maps customer review on a Chiang Mai massage place, where apparently the customer couldn't get to see the massage boys until after paying. The correct response is to go elsewhere.