Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

There's a lot about Harrod's in Michael Burchill's book. It was defunct before my arrival in '95 but I recall that the Boyztown sign still advertised it years after.

I remember that bar in Soi 16....in fact, I was there at its closing down party. I think that it had "16" in its name.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 4th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    G-U-Y gay bar on Walking Street, estimated 2015-2017. It closed before Wild West Boys closed
    G-U-Y bar closed in November or December 2013. I know because I was on holiday in Pattaya in December that year with the intention of visiting that bar but could not find it in Walking street. A few days later I was in Wild west boys and was told by the staff there that G-U-Y had just closed shortly before my arrival and many of the boys were relocated to Wild west boys. I think it was a very short-lived bar, 6 months maybe?

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 4th, 2020), Halcyon (February 4th, 2020)

Liked

Last October I noticed a unique signage in English and Chinese in the gaily lit Walking Street. A tout was quick to grab my arm and led me twenty metres into a side street to a brightly decorated bar, but we were refused entry unless we paid 300b for a drink. A few minutes later we tried to enter just for a look and luckily this time the doorman relented. Maybe it was still too early but anyhow the room was empty, with just a bare, low and small stage near the entrance. There were fully clothed boys sitting at the tables outside. Had I paid for the drinks I suppose the boys would have come to the stage inside. Since I was not keen to wait until 2am for the place to come to life, I bid farewell to the tout and never came back. I guess the bar was meant for ladies looking for male company. When I returned in December the signage was gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 4th, 2020), vnman (July 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    A tout was quick to grab my arm and led me twenty metres into a side street to a brightly decorated bar, but we were refused entry unless we paid 300b for a drink. A few minutes later we tried to enter just for a look and luckily this time the doorman relented. Maybe it was still too early but anyhow the room was empty,
    That business model deserves to fail and fail fast.

Reminds me of a google maps customer review on a Chiang Mai massage place, where apparently the customer couldn't get to see the massage boys until after paying. The correct response is to go elsewhere.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    That business model deserves to fail and fail fast.

Reminds me of a google maps customer review on a Chiang Mai massage place, where apparently the customer couldn't get to see the massage boys until after paying. The correct response is to go elsewhere.
    Common Massage by chance? I had a similar experience there, see my upcoming post in my blog (Gay Activities December 2019).

Similar experience in the the gogo bar that was in the basement of Wall Street Tower (diagonally across the entrance of Soi Twilight). Within a year, that place changed name and business model several times before finally closing. I tried to enter at least once and doorman would not let me in unless I pay upfront (which I didn't).

9. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (February 5th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Wolzek View Post
    G-U-Y bar closed in November or December 2013. I know because I was on holiday in Pattaya in December that year with the intention of visiting that bar but could not find it in Walking street. A few days later I was in Wild west boys and was told by the staff there that G-U-Y had just closed shortly before my arrival and many of the boys were relocated to Wild west boys. I think it was a very short-lived bar, 6 months maybe?
    You are probably right and my memory is wrong. I have it all written down and took pictures, I'm just lacking a system to access that data .

11. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (February 5th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Eighteen months ago, the procedure at Common Massage was to pay up-front for the massage and then pay the masseur after the event. However, the masseur was chosen before the transaction. There about eight to choose from in mid-afternoon. Perhaps this has changed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    T & T was a bar in Soi Yensabai. Do you know where in that Soi?
    Soi Yensabai is known as "Pattaya Sai 2 Soi 18" on google maps
    It borders the south of Sunee and then takes a dog leg near the old Happy Place location and past the old TwoGuys Location as per the highlighted section

T&T Pub is marked in with a Red X on the map, quite close to Pius Place Hotel. It usually got going round 4am with the survivors from NAB, Idol, Dave and Tumnan Issan (or even from Forest house) and was busy until 9am. A lot of the customers were staff and coyotes from the aforementioned clubs. It was such a shock to step out of the night club and into the full morning sun!

A recent street view of the 2 shophouses is also below, around the back is a volleyball area where boys can often be seen playing in the evening (or early morning back in T&T days)
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 5th, 2020), TaoR (February 5th, 2020)

Liked

TNT Bar was a great place after the bars closed.

16. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 5th, 2020), vnman (July 27th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Here are some bars in the Appendix of Michael Burchill's "Boyztown 1982-2008" not in the original list. A quick look....sorry for any errors.

All Seasons (later Cruise101)
    Buddy's Karaoke
    Butterfly
    Dang's
    Eaw (2nd Road)
    Garden Boys
    Gay Paris (later Once upon a Time)
    Just-a - Friend
    Legun (later Nok Nok)
    Many Boys (opposite Mike's)
    Narcissus
    Niddy's Nook (later Office Boy)
    Tangmo (moved to Phuket....that one was news to me!)
    Tree Zone Tulip

Transcribed in a rush....again, apologies for any errors.

18. 3 Users gave Like to post:

colmx (February 6th, 2020), Halcyon (February 6th, 2020), vnman (July 27th, 2021)