Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

G-U-Y gay bar on Walking Street, estimated 2015-2017. It closed before Wild West Boys closed, one of the boys I fancied in G-U-Y worked in Wild West Boys afterwards. I have picture of the bar somewhere, I think in Thai it was spelled letter-by-letter (as indicated in English by the dashes). I don't remember if it was gogo or beer bar with show, the boys used to be shirtless but in jeans outside.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 3rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

There's a clip on YouTube....very brief...showing guys in jeans outside the bar and a femme guy dancing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As it was in Walking Street maybe it was the first of the bars to offer boys for gays AND gals.

Can’t see any gay in his right mind walking down Walking Street!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    G-U-Y gay bar on Walking Street, estimated 2015-2017.
    I tried to go in once but the music was so LOUD I came away before I even got through the door.

Liked

I think with more than 400 bars and gogo's on the list now, I'm nearing the end, but still a few questions to ask:

What was the name of a short lived bar on Thapraya Road just outside the Complex, opposite La Boca Restaurant ?? It was only a month open or so.

In Soi 16 between 2nd Road and Walking Street there was a gay bar (now arabic place) what was it's name??

Around 1985 there was a gay place named Stary Night. Do you know the location ?

T & T was a bar in Soi Yensabai. Do you know where in that Soi?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    As it was in Walking Street maybe it was the first of the bars to offer boys for gays AND gals.

Can’t see any gay in his right mind walking down Walking Street!
    When the mind is set at the right way then no.But then I did walk around there and was quite amused, if not bewildered by the sights then&there-even if already accustomed to the views in Patpong or soi 8/11 Sukhumvit here in BKK.
    BTW-in more tipical Thai local places the gay places are most often just mingled among the many more str8 places (KaraOK and all that, massage) so that a customer can easily claim to have been the opposite if asked where he went, or if his car was seen. or perhaps its also easy for the guys to find their spouse after the job has been done! looking at that the move here in BKk from soi TwiLi to Patpong fits in this picture.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Chuai-Duai View Post
    Glad someone else remembers it. I think it was on the other side of the small Soi almost opposite the now closed Vassa Bar. I was taken there by a guy who had worked at "Tai Boys Boys" which had just closed. (Why did they spell it "Tai"?).
    Most likely as there may have been a fair lot of hilltribeys from the TAI tribe. But thats just a guess. Or it was a pun. or it was-as so often happens, just a minor error of the painter/boardmaker.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    789 Dragon, the short lived (2018-2019?) successor of Good Boys.

I once made a similar list for gay saunas in Bangkok (details on my blog). From over 40 that I found on the internet, about 30 were open when I made the list in 2016 (?), and now about 20 are left.

Whereas gay massage scene is thriving with more openings and closing than I can follow (only a side theater of war for me).
    No, I am more into that branch but sadly have to report that there yes indeed, are an awful lot of closures and changes, by the month, but the total is slowly but quite surely reducing. But changes are even higher in number as for sauna+other combined. PLUS that it often seems that places close down for a few monthes or so, maybe if they cannot find willing guys and then reopen with replenished supply (often from VN or Cambodia nowawadys). of the 40+ such places Ive been to in BKK here at least 25 have bitten the dust already. That is-real m2m with that service assured, not the hybrid ones where you are never sure about what/whom/etc. in the Silom ghetto and that most often also have ladies-there yes they are multiplying. I mean those that you dispise as you cannot see outside who is working and available inside-for that they now all have LINE or so, so you do not even have to get out for nothing and can check it in your room.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

@ WHY NOT. No it was not specifically named after an AMS brothel with same name, attached to a gay cinema with same name and sometimes even called out by tramconductors as there was a stop right in front (both cinema and tramstop are no more). Its simply a name that was oso common in about every city with a thriving gay commerce. Bar/agogo with same namy was also a very long time just off RamIV rd near the busstops in BKK. Same same for Adonis and Apollo.

Liked

There’s a few more on this map from the 1990 Supplement to “The Men of Thailand”.

Garden Boys
    Harrods
    Le Gay Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    I think with more than 400 bars and gogo's on the list now, I'm nearing the end, but still a few questions to ask:

In Soi 16 between 2nd Road and Walking Street there was a gay bar (now arabic place) what was it's name??
    I remember going into a bar in that area. The drinks receipts had a number on them and they drew a raffle every hour and you could win a prize. I won a free drink on my only visit. I have no recollection of the name.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 4th, 2020)